Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36
Author Topic: Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!  (Read 161971 times)
Friesnchip
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #510 on: October 20, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »

Sure I guess I could do that. There's a lot so... SPOILER TIME!

Win2
Wow, easily my favorite animation I've seen from you. Plus, the cape movement in the wait is much more subtle than how it is in-game (my only complaint is that the looping point is a tad obvious, but no big deal). The hair clipping won't even be an issue when the new Lucina model is completed, either. I'm excited to see all this in-game.

I'm assuming you're leaving the cape movement in the special falls up to the physics engine?

Nao-chan
Collab Assassin
Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #511 on: October 20, 2014, 09:51:08 PM »

Yes. I am leaving it up to the physics like Marth's was. Also... The gif doesn't like to portray my loops very well for some reason. It doesn't look that obvious, well at least to me it doesn't in game. I can't wait for that new Lucina man. Even though I already have Smash 4 3DS. It just looks so well done for a Brawl mod.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #512 on: October 21, 2014, 02:00:52 PM »

AttackAirB's snap to the Fall animation is just... atrocious. You need to add some bust and waist movement as she goes back to her fall animation.

Special Fall and Special Fall Forward animations look terrible, in my opinion. I personally wouldn't go with it. But this isn't my PSA, so whatevs.

Rebound looks too exaggerated imo.

Wait2 needs to have leg movement before Waist/Hip movement. It looks like her upper half floats into place and then her legs follow.

Win2's transition to Win2Wait needs slight bust (and maybe waist) movement. As a result, Win2Wait will need to have bust/waist movement as well.

Win3 has no reason for her hand to be bent before going limp. I know you're using Marth's taunt, but take out some keyframes in the LArmJ bone, and it'll be fine.

Lose animation shouldn't have her legs/feet moving like that unles she's actually moving. Make sure they're stable.

You already identified that Lucina's feet need to stay in place during her front smash charge.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #513 on: October 21, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »

I had the same thoughts that Shulk has mentioned (although I didn't even notice the hand movement in the Win3), but its difficult for me to comment on the AttackAirB in general due to how quick the beginning of the animation looks. Does she spin her sword before stabbing backwards? I suppose I'd also add that Lucina's arm movement when moving her sword out and back into the idle position in the Wait2 looks stiff, and the cape movement in the Win3Wait looks like it bends instead of sways/curls in the wind.

I didn't want to criticize your animations at the moment because I got the impression you wanted to move on from them for the time being, but since it was brought up already it seemed appropriate to voice my opinions.
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:22:09 PM by Friesnchip » Logged

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #514 on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:33 PM »

@Shulk: You know, every time I read your "criticisms" they always seem like an insult. You need to learn how to dial it back a bit. Most of these animations aren't even my personal ones. I just tweaked them. This is one of the reasons I'm quiting this hack business. Some people are just spoiled and need to have everything perfect. Look, I never said I'm the best animator. So expecting things to not look "horrible" or "terrible" like you seem to love pointing out, is something you should stop expecting.

This will be my last contribution to this hack. I'm tired of the attitude on these forums. I'll help with the PSA side of things if you need it CH. But the animating, I'm just done with.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #515 on: October 21, 2014, 11:30:36 PM »

This will be my last contribution to this hack. I'm tired of the attitude on these forums. I'll help with the PSA side of things if you need it CH. But the animating, I'm just done with.
    That's really a shame, as you're obviously quite talented and this project won't be able to progress nearly as much without your assistance.

Personally, with the Unbound team occupied with other commitments and work on the new Lucina model postponed for a bit, your posts on this forum are the only aspects of this project I look can look forward to at this point in time. Viewing a new animation from you every now and then makes me excited to see Lucina come even closer to completion. Sure, some animations are better than others, but in the short time I've been following this project I've seen the skills of the people involved gradually developing, which is why I'm disappointed that I won't be able to see where you can take Lucina in the future.
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:58:26 PM by Friesnchip » Logged

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #516 on: October 22, 2014, 05:09:18 AM »

Sorry man. I've been slowly losing interest in brawl hacking lately. I'll still finish this project. But after that, I'm done for good. I don't think I can take it much more these days.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #517 on: October 22, 2014, 08:59:52 AM »

Sorry man. I've been slowly losing interest in brawl hacking lately. I'll still finish this project. But after that, I'm done for good. I don't think I can take it much more these days.
    That seems to be the case for many people these days, I guess Brawl hacking in general is approaching its end. I imagine P:M will keep it alive for a little while longer, but still...

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #518 on: October 22, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »

Sorry I've been out of it for so long. My classes have been keeping me plenty busy and I have a bunch of non-Smash Bros. and non-school projects (particularly an RPG maker game) going on for me as well. I understand you though.

You have been plenty of help to me and pretty much stuck around the longest to help me on this PSA project. And really when it gets down to it you are better than me at darn near everything with PSA stuff, haha. For your contributions, you have my biggest thanks.
    I couldn't ask you for anything more Smiley

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #519 on: October 22, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »

Well thanks CH. Like I said. I'll still help finish this and help as much as you need. But after that, I'm done. I don't think I'll post anymore pics either. I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #520 on: October 22, 2014, 06:14:59 PM »

Well thanks CH. Like I said. I'll still help finish this and help as much as you need. But after that, I'm done. I don't think I'll post anymore pics either. I just don't want to deal with it anymore.
    Maybe you could just post to the Unbound developer convo on Smash Boards (I'm sure CHMH could add you to the group)? Unfortunately I won't be able to see anything since I'm only a playtester, but maybe getting some feedback from people actually working on Lucina might be more helpful and less stressful.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:16:22 PM by Friesnchip » Logged

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #521 on: October 22, 2014, 06:59:02 PM »

I dunno about that... That's a project that'll be ongoing with P:M. As I stated before. I'm looking to drop out after this is done. So I don't think I'll be joining them.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #522 on: October 22, 2014, 07:38:32 PM »

I dunno about that... That's a project that'll be ongoing with P:M. As I stated before. I'm looking to drop out after this is done. So I don't think I'll be joining them.
    While that's true, the team has people working just on their own PSA's, and I imagine they'll stop once their characters are finished. I dunno, something to think about I suppose. This might not be the case for CHMH as I haven't conversed with him much for verification, but I would assume he is only working on Lucina for Unbound?

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #523 on: October 22, 2014, 08:20:09 PM »

That's what I'm thinking. Since he was the creator of the hack they're using.

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #524 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:29 AM »

While that's true, the team has people working just on their own PSA's, and I imagine they'll stop once their characters are finished. I dunno, something to think about I suppose. This might not be the case for CHMH as I haven't conversed with him much for verification, but I would assume he is only working on Lucina for Unbound?
    I'm technically working on two different ones. At the moment, they kind of want to see how the current Unbound Lucina develops metagame-wise, so there is not going to be too many changes to her in the meantime. The team over there made their own changes to her that sort of differentiates her a tad from what I, and possibly the others on here, were going for.

While that's going on, I went back to the original 2.0 PSA and started working on it and fixing up things and trying to rebalancing that with some of the original ideas, like being able to act out of Up B, the spinning Nair, as well as fixing the Aether glitch, etc.

I am keeping track of Unbound's progress, but I definitely want to see how far I could take a build based off of the initial 2.0 Lucina release as well. Oh also thanks for following and supporting this PSA project for as long as you have by the way ^^

Hi

Pages:  1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36
    Print
    Jump to: