Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Kratos Aurion updated moveset (5/1) - SaxMeister13's Stuff  (Read 18024 times)
SaxMeister13
Expert Kitten

ninja cat comes closer while not modding

View Profile Awards
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:43:04 PM »

I love comments!  Seriously, I'm happy to hear what people think, whether good or bad.  All I ask is that if you tell me that something sucks, tell me why it sucks so I can improve it.

ASCH THE BLOODY (v2.0)

Quite possibly the cruelest of the Six God-Generals of the Order of Lorelei, and he has a strange hatred for Luke...

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5mgzcjgjjkm
Download includes: Moveset, MotionEtc, Texture PAC and PCS (the texture is by Vyse; I take no credit), and various images for menu hacking to make the experience as complete as possible.  You can also download individul files by visiting this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5983ea5538e4ef74ab1eab3e9fa335ca560ba2b19adc30ae

More info:
I released this several months ago, but it's long since faded into the depths and I've since completely re-created the PSA from scratch.  I've also tried very hard to make him balanced.

So here we go!  Without further ado, the moveset:

A combo - 3 sword swings.  The last one can combo into Havoc Strike (A+B), Fang Blade (A+X), or Rending Thrust (A+Z).

FTilt: Rending Thrust - A low forward thrust that sends shockwaves upwards.  Can be comboed into Havoc Strike (A+B), Fang Blade (A+X), or Raging Blast (A+Z).  Otherwise, one final hit will give a significant amount of knockback with fair killing potential.

UTilt: Havoc Strike - Asch jumps slightly forward, then descends with energy in a downward kick.  Trips the enemy.

DTilt: Slag Assault - Asch does a flip and drives his blade into the ground.  (This move is still heavily a WIP - the custom animation is hanging me up.  Suggestions welcome.)

FSmash: Devil's Inferno - A slightly modified version of Marth's typical FSmash.  A fireball deals a little bit of burn damage to the enemy before Asch swings his sword.  The actual sword hit's knockback has been increased slightly as well, and the move now does fire damage for obvious reasons.

USmash: Light Spear - A slightly modified version of Marth's typical USmash.  Waves of energy knock enemies up and into Marth's blade as he thrusts upward.  Kills around 150%.  If I can ever figure out how to do custom animations, I'll probably try one on this.

DSmash: Guardian Field - Asch surrounds himself with a field of energy that knocks back foes and reflects projectiles.  Its primary use is as a defensive skill, and it's got a fair amount of ending lag.

Neutral B: Demon Fist - A small shockwave of energy.  It travels about half of FD.  There is NO knockback whatsoever to this move to prevent spamming.

Up B: Fang Blade - Asch slashes forward, then straight up.  It's not a bad killing move, but like most Up-B's, it sends him into special fall.  Holding A+B will combo into Havoc Strike and send Asch back down to the ground quickly (that part is still a little funny looking).

Side B (ground): Lightning Blade - A forward thrust followed by a bolt of lightning.  This is one of Asch's best moves if you can get the distance right - you have to be right up in their face to hit with both the sword and the lightning.

Side B (air): Swallow Fury - Asch delivers two aerial hits that lead into two more if the second one connects.  The last hit has good killing potential.

Down B: Counter - Unchanged for now.  I'd like to move Guardian Field to the Down-B, actually, but then I'd have to think of a suitable DSmash...

Aerials are unchanged for now.

Just like in TotA, combos are everything with Asch.  To use one, you need to hold A and the button of the arte (move) to follow as you perform an arte.  For example, the 3rd hit of his A combo will go directly into Fang Blade (Up-B) with no lag if you hold A and X.  There is one additional move that is ONLY accessible by comboing from Rending Thrust (FTilt):

Combo only: Raging Blast - A burst of energy in front of Asch.  There is a series of weak hits that lead into a single strong one with a lot of knockback.

One final bit of information on Asch: I have included the Over Limit mechanic from TotA as well.  As Asch takes hits, his OL meter will charge (of course, it's invisible in Brawl).  When fully charged, you will notice a subtle shadow effect surrounding Marth during his idle animation.  When this happens, trigger your UTaunt and Marth will go into OL mode.  Basically, this means he's invincible for a short time, though I have plans to implement much more... Grin

Screenshots:

Attack 1

Attack 2

Attack 3

Rending Thrust (FTilt)

Havoc Strike (UTilt)

Devil's Inferno (FSmash)

Light Spear (USmash - kind of a bad screenshot, sorry)

Guardian Field (DSmash)

Demon Fist (Neutral B)

Lightning Blade (Side-B ground)

Raging Blast, the combo-only move

OL is ready.

When OL is activated, you shine so it's obvious what's going on.

NEXT PROJECT:
KRATOS AURION

*Texture (and this image) by LookItsLink

Moveset (comments welcome!):

FTilt: Sonic Thrust
UTilt: Light Spear?
DTilt: Grave Blade
FSmash: Super Lightning Blade
USmash: Light Spear Cannon
DSmash: Guardian Field?

B: Fire Ball / Eruption
^B: Victory Light Spear?
>B: Wind Blade / Air Thrust
vB: Judgment

Final: Shining Bind

Spells will depend on how long the player charges the move.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:49:10 AM by SaxMeister13 » Logged

dingo
Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »

So this is what you've been working on. Makes me wish I had a working save file on my EMU to use Marth.

LookItsLink
    Look-Its-'Nother-Addiction
    Special Access

mhmm.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container Staff Helper

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »

Definitely trying this when I get home.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »

There was a version one? O_o;

SaxMeister13
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »

There was a version one? O_o;

Yeah, but it pales in comparison.  I didn't bother with a changelog because the changes are...well, basically everything.  Cheesy

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »

Kratos will be awesome if done right. Also Shining Bind needs a spelling fix... Just don't like seeing it as Bird... feels so wrong XD You could always add sonic thrust or barrier to his moveset, or first aid if you think he could use healing moves without being completely broken.

LookItsLink
    Special Access

mhmm.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 09:56:11 AM »

I really like the tentative moveset.
    Guardian Field for DSmash maybe?

E1337
    Advanced Kitten

DO you realy want to do this

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 10:55:52 PM »

even though I like to know somthing about what im DLing still a fan of kratos and love the psa

HEY YOU YEAH YOU stop making broken PSAs
    but only if there not that bad

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 10:45:37 AM »

I still have two good Marth hacks on my own so Asch isn't that important for me but I like Kratos verry much and there are less good Link hacks.
    Do it.
    Perhaps Asch's guardian field for down smash. He needs a good defensive attack. Perhaps he can get super armor and reflecting but no hitbox.
    If you change his boomerang a bit it might be a good wind blade.
    For green wind (even if you don't use the boomerang) you could use his wind graphic. It's an external graphic so it should be able to make it green with BrawlBox.
    You may use Soren's meteor or eruption graphics if you need them.

Just some ideas. You may ask me if you need some help.

SaxMeister13
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »

I apologize for the delay, guys.  I've had some Real Life issues come up (next Wednesday I'm giving a recital and I'm kind of freaked out about that) but I'm starting to get back into my Brawl mindset and preparing to work some more on Kratos.

I'd kind of hate to give him Guardian Field since it isn't really his tech (or even in ToS), but I suppose for lack of anything better it would be okay.

@Mr.N - Yeah, Soren is still my absolute favorite Marth hack (other than my own, and I still think you did a better job  ).

LookItsLink
    Special Access

mhmm.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »

Hmm maybe you could stick Stone Blast -> Grave for vB or DSmash. And make Grave make opponents get stuck in the ground.

SaxMeister13
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »

I'd rather do that for vB, I think, since so far the B moves are magic and the A moves aren't, but then again that still leaves me missing a dsmash.

I'm also not sold on Victory Light Spear being the ^B for the same reason, but I can't think of a spell that would make a good one.

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »

Guardian Field is no magic attack. It's a defensive attack (which needs mana in ToS).
    You can use it.

Reiner
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »

FTilt: Demon Fang

- I don't think demon fang truly feels like a FTilt move. Maybe you could make it Sonic Thrust instead? Or Hurricane Thrust?

UTilt: Hell Pyre?

- Hell Pyre? Awesome move, as a UTilt it wouldn't feel right. Considering Hell Pyre has a bit of recoil knockback in ToS, I think Hell Pyre woudl would better as a Side-UpTilt.
    -What should UTilt be then? How about Severing Wind or Light Spear?

DTilt: Fierce Demon Fang

- Hm... why not up it and put Grave Blade in?

FSmash: Super Lightning Blade

- Sounds good.

USmash: Light Spear Cannon

I concur.

DSmash: .....?

- Guardian Field, most definitely. Mr. N - Guardian Field is a PS2 exclusive arte for Kratos. In essence it's pretty much like TotA and ToV's Guardian Field. Methinks you're refering to Guardian, Damage Guard and Force Field.

B: Fire Ball / Eruption

- Hn... I never actually thought Fire spells suited Kratos. They were more Zelos's thing. Why not replace it with Lightning and Thunder Blade?

^B: Victory Light Spear?

- Victory Light Spear? I suppose.

>B: Wind Blade / Air Thrust

- Yep, it fits.

vB: Judgment?

- Judgment is a must.

Final: Shining Bind

- Shining Bind? I wouldn't dare touch it. This is perfect. (Shining Bind = win)

Pardon me, but I'd like to make some comments on Asch.

B: You might want to make it a bit faster + increased range or a bit slower + knockback.

B-Air: Its aim is rather weird. You might want to give it a bit of knockback, a couple % more damage and a better/more defined angle. When I say a better angle, think of Emil's aerial Demon Fang in ToS: Dawn of the New World.

UpB: Maybe you should extend the range. It's a rather terrible recovery... but great attack.

SideB: Lightning Blade? No complaints here.

SideB-Air: Maybe you might want to give some more height for the comboing attacks. Or you might want to give it a better combo area. (It's not the easiest thing to get a good combo in with it). It's quite a wonderful recovery, though.

DownB: Standard, can't say much about that.

A: Combo? Very nice.

SideTilt: Great idea, but to make it a bit more visually appealing, you might want to enlarge the hit box and add an upward slash animation.

DownTilt: Slag Assault? Slowing down the animation would be nice... or enlarging the range/approach.

UpTilt: Havoc Strike? Nice. However... it seems rather...  small, light (in terms of damage) and not all that useful.

Side-DownTilt: I have no clue what this is...

DSmash: Guardian Field? Maybe you might want to add a recovery effect, something like 5%/ use?

SSmash: Devil's Inferno? Nice choice and well done.

USmash: Light Spare Cannon? Erm... Perhaps you should convert it to Light Blast?

Combo: Raging Blast? Nicely done.

Taunts?: I like the idea of including OL, it's rather interesting. However, it seems that OL can only be used once/match. I suppose that works considering you're invulnerable.

You might want to include Coil/Steel for the other taunts?

anyways, those are my two bits.

tenkashi
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »

taunt : first aid

he spammed that when i first played ToS ^^ good ol kratos the mud fish pokeon  Happy Face

Boku wa dare dai? Kimi wa lambo?

Kimi wa dare dai? Boku wa Lambo! X3

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: