Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: [Official] Brawl DX Mod Thread (UPDATE)V.1.0.7 RELEASEED!!  (Read 16137 times)
KidCraft24
Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:06:40 AM »

For the most up to date information visit here
http://smashboards.com/threads/update-3-6-brawl-dx-mod-official-thread-v-1-0-6-released-peach-bowser-and-wario-details-added.349093/#post-16447595

Here is a mod that i've been working's on for a little over a year now, and for some who had been able to try out this mod in it's early creation may already know what this mod does, but for the many that don't i'll be going through that with you here.

-The new title screen reflects the colors of both major iterations of Smash (Melee Blue and Brawl Red) and paying homage to melee's japanese title

The goal of this mod is to provide players with a faster and more naturally flowing brawl experience, as a result changes have been made to the entire cast and an increase in the amount of hitstun was implemented which results in a much smoother combo based experience. Through keeping this mods restrictions tided to brawls mechanics, all ATs (advanced techniques) and such from brawl, such as glide tossing, DACUS and such remain intact, and for the most part characters feel similar to their vbrawl iterations. But as you play you'll begin to get a much better feel for what your character can do that was previously impossible.

Here are but a few of many changes given to the cast.
(I'll be posting a more comprehensive change list at a later date)

-Jigglypuffs Rest received a slight buff, putting it's power in between it's brawl and melee versions
-Luigi's air speed and run speed have been increased to be similar to mario's
-Snake's disjointed Utilt hitbox has been fixed his Dair spikes when the last hit connects
-Lucas air tether does damage
-Ness can jump cancel out of aerial PSI Magnet
-Lucario can Extreme Speed Cancel similar to Pikachu's QAC (quick attack cancel)
-Yoshi can shield/grab cancel his Egg Roll
-Link and Toon Link can shield cancel Arrows
-Pit and Rob both can air dodge out of their Up Specials
-Cypher gimps removed
-Chain Grabs and Infinite's removed
-Ice Climbers CPU automatically throws opponents up but is auto desynced using tilts
-NO TRIPPING!

-The Menu Screen has also received a visual upgrade changing colors depending on which mode your in.

But along side these changes are also changes to the stages as well

Also included in this mod is the ability like in Project M to play as both
-Green Hill Zone has been redesigned with a swinging platform in the center of the slope and edges which remove walk offs
-Subspace and Midair Stadium were also added with Subspace's platforms alternating in formation from time to time
-Rumble Fall, Skyworld, Norfair, Pirate Ship, Wario ware, Shadow Moses and Spear Pillar were changed as well as the Super mario bros. stage being swapped for Fountain of Dreams

But probably the most exciting feature of this mod is the inclusion of new characters, just like in Project M  Roy and Mewtwo have been added to the roster both featuring unique traits different from their PM, or Melee versions.

-Roy is a bit slippery, but sports a different dash attack and Fair, and his Up Special while it travels a far greater distance than Marth's horizontally has poor vertical reach when used in the air but his side B also gives him a slightly better boost than marth's and also sports more familiar directional moves combing ones from his melee and PM double edge dances. His Dsmash also swirls the opponent around him instead of just a straight shot outward.

-Mewtwo feels very much like his melee incarnation aside from the fact that he is now similar in weight to his Project M versions. He also sports pretty decent grab range and his throws are his most powerful KO tool, Also when connecting with the tip of his tail you'll be notified with a nice electric shock sound indicating you've connected with the sweetspot. He can also wall cling similar to lucario though only out of his Up Special Teleport.

Also making his debut in Brawl DX is this little fellow

-Louie Crash lands in with Rock Pikmin replacing olimar's purple pikmin.
He isn't just a olimar reskin, he unlike olimar cannot reorder his pikmin lineup and is more floaty and slippery than olimar.

-He also comes with a new Down Special, Pikmin Dismiss,
this move Louie blows his whistle and all pikmin under his command lunge out and disband, latching onto any opponents in range. This move is really useful when you have rock pikmin disband your pikmin and send them all flying towards your foe as a way to edgeguard or simply throw them away to pluck new ones, although it isn't as effective in the air as it is on the ground.

Louie also throws his pikmin slightly farther than olimar and they all have twice as much health as olimars pikmin. Although they also can be hit from a closer distance and stray farther away from louie (seems they aren't as attached to him as opposed to olimar...) His pikmin pluck also givens him a slight increase in height when used in the air (watch as he flails his arms endlessly in hopes of returning to the ground),

-Now the cast looks a bit more fleshed out!

-The Stage Select Menu Also wasn't left out of the new background treatment.

Overall this mod aims to combine a lot of elements from mods you may have played, but tune them to better feel like the brawl experience a lot of players are used to while also throwing in some nice elements that everyone can appreciate and enjoy.

Heres the Download link

https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513

Just copy all of that on your SD card and you'll be all set hopefully you all enjoy it. (Note that it's still not 100% finished and that i will be making very small adjustments here and there to fix any bugs or balance tweaks, so any and all feedback is greatly appreciated).

Also for those interested in running side events heres the basic gist of how matches are done

3 Stocks 8 minutes
3 Bans
First 4 rows plus FoD and PS1 are legal
Top Row is Neutrals
3 rows under are CPs alongside fountain of dreams and PS1

>>>WHEN YOU BOOT UP GECKO OS CHANGE THE HOOKTYPE TO AXNEXTFRAME IN THE CONFIG SETTINGS<<<

(I'd also like to give credit and a shout out to the great people who created a lot of the material that's been available that made, making this mod possible. While this mod was a solo project, i couldn't ever have created it without the materials for characters models, codes, and such being available so thanks to anyone who's assets, or models i used in advance, you have my sincerest gratitude for your awesome work!)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:43:53 PM by KidCraft24 » Logged

Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »

just wondering why not release louie moveset on the vault? it seems something that could make ppl pay attention to your pack by providing a this link in the description for the full pack

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

well it would just feel rather incomplete i feel just releasing the PSA as it would need the sawndz files as well which contain other edited sfxs for other characters, as louie doesn't use all of the same sounds olimar does. But if i can get to making sawndz files that contain just louies sfxs i might release it to the vault. Thanks for the suggestion though.

https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »

just wondering why not release louie moveset on the vault? it seems something that could make ppl pay attention to your pack by providing a this link in the description for the full pack
    or he rather wants us to download the full pack if we want that PSA :v

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:14 AM »

Just downloaded this, gonna give it a shot and tell you what I think tomorrow. Smiley
    Louie seems rather interesting actually, I like it.

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 12:21:18 PM »

Just had to reupload the file as i've added in louie's crowd chant which was absent from the previous download and i also fixed some of the wiimote sfx's for louie, roy and mewtwo too.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »

Curious about Louie so I'll check it out, plus I'm assuming this contains the fixed version of Mewtwo in it too so I'll check it out.

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »

A lot of the changes made to mewtwo's moves and how they behave were created with this mod in mind so if anything this is where it should feel the best in though it's still perfectly compatible with vbrawl.
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:29:03 PM by KidCraft24 » Logged

super_queijo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »

I don't post often but this mod is really good, I loved Louie, this is the closest I've seen someone get PM Mewtwo on vBrawl and the char tweaks and overall presentation is really professional. Try to get some more people to make this PM level of awesomeness and it will be perfect

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »

Tested it out and I actually kinda like playing as Louie, mostly 'cause of the Pikmin Dismiss move.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 06:39:54 PM »

Updated: Fixed some misnamed song titles and louie's Nair Dtilt and Dash attack have been changed to better suit his more active playstyle. I had originally wanted to release it with these changes but i needed to get something out as soon as i could. Also wondering if i should just post a full change list for the whole cast or do something similar to what i did for louie but for the whole cast over the span of days where i post pics of their new stuff and explain them in detail.

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »

Marios f-air has more start up? ugh, what an unneeded nerf.

EDIT:
    Okay, so I just played around a bit with the game and here are some things I'd like to suggest.

First of all, Louie.
    Some of his animations could use some work here and there, like his N-Air.
    His grab range also is really.. short. It isn't as long as the Pikmin travel. I don't know if thats a problem with Louie or Roy might just have a really weird hitbox, as I tested all of this on him.
    I still really like him, honestly. You did a pretty good job on decloning him I guess, especially his Down B was a nice idea.

Now, I don't know if this is an universal thing, as Mewtwo seemed to have it but Mario didn't, but Meta Knight seemed way too fast in the air. I don't remember him being this fast while jumping and stuff. If this is universal, keep it. If it isn't, don't buff Meta Knight. lol I'd actually suggest you nerf him.

Also, it seems way to easy to hit some of Roys sweetspots, like on his up tilt and B-Air. might need some fixing on that unless you wanted it to work like that.

And lastly, something rather minor. The new characters seem to all be called "Crazy Hand", at least in Training. Dunno if that's fixable, but you might wanna look into that.

(Also, I feel like Marios F-Air needs less landing lag. It's a LOT as it is right now. Definitly too much.
    Oh, and making Mario fall faster seems like somewhat of a nerf to me as he can't seem to short hop double B-Air anymore.)

I might play around with it some more in the future, but considering it's still Brawl, I'll most likely just stick to my P:M build.
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:33:35 PM by Abbi » Logged

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »

That was actually a mistake on my part the move doesn't take longer but the hitbox for the meteor is smaller overall because it's only his fist instead of the arm, sorry about thatEDIT:

Well i believe the reason MK feels faster is because i increased his air mobility a tad, mainly because he lost a jump i also added more cooldown to his Uair and Nair.

Mario's Fair landing lag i could adjust as i only reduced it by a frame which isn't much at all but because it's a stronger meteor spike than before i felt reducing it might cause it to become too abusive. And yea Roy's sweepspots were made like that purposefully given he really can't recover too well and the heaviness added to the cast save for a few characters is universal And mewtwo is also one of those characters who is quick in the air but slower on the ground, but his throws are where his strongest moves are. Louie's animations are stil a work in progress as far as Nair, Dtilt and Dash attack go as they still need to be smoothened out a bit.

My goal was to add new things to the whole cast while not over doing things too much to the point where they feel like completely different characters, Though i do appreciate the feedback greatly. Also the training mode thing with louie, roy and mewtwo is something i've been planning on fixing but seeing as it was a small graphical issue, it's on the lower end of things left to fix, Such as louie's graphical issue's when he dies the pikmin freeze. It isn't something that affects gameplay in anyway but is something that needs to be and will be addressed
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:12:40 PM by KidCraft24 » Logged

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »

As I said, the training mode thing is a really minor thing. I just wanted to point it out. Tongue

Yea, that's what I meant. I don't think increasing his air mobility is a smart thing to do at all. I'd definitly suggest changing that back to vBrawl. Also, maybe make his up air and d-air animations longer, similar to P:Ms Meta Knight Up-Air, just so he can't "spam" them too fast.

ultronsu
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »

will you be making a hackless set

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: