Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 55
Author Topic: BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates  (Read 544332 times)
ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #495 on: May 11, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »

Removed it.

Theytah, what have you been doing... lol...

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #496 on: May 14, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »

I have an idea for an update to BrawlVault. You know how if you own a hack or are a collaborator and someone changes, and you get a PM about it? Would it be possible for something similar with reported hacks?

My idea is that here, where it says stuff like "Newest 10" and "Random 10", there should be an addition that's called "10 Most Recently Fixed" that has a list of the 10 hacks that most recently got reports removed.

Not only would this allow people like me, who search the entire vault and ignore "broken downloads" but want those downloads to be back up without somehow "subscribing" to that specific download, but it would also allow the Brawl Vault Staff to easily monitor any removed reports, so that they can check if they're valid.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #497 on: May 14, 2015, 04:33:41 PM »

I believe someone requested something similar to that a year or so ago. I think it was shut down because some people would likely constantly "update" their submissions just to keep them on the most recent list.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #498 on: May 14, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »

I believe someone requested something similar to that a year or so ago. I think it was shut down because some people would likely constantly "update" their submissions just to keep them on the most recent list.
    This. So much potential to be abused.

Some people did a workaround though: I recall some modders making a submission that'd link to their original one and deleting said new submission after 2 to 4 days (Used to grab people's attention to a major update to their old submission, in case my example wasn't clear). We didn't have any issues with users doing that, last I recall.
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:34:34 PM by Albafika » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #499 on: May 14, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »

Just curious. Is there a possibility to code a way to approve/deny a collab?

For example: someone adds me on a collab by tagging my name. I get a PM saying I was collabed in making a mod that I didn't do anything on. I was curious if there was a way to click something that says "yes it's fine that I'm collabed" or "no way. I have no part of this mod."

I don't want to be added to a mod I had no part in making. Someone collabed me on a BRSTM.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #500 on: May 14, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »

For example: someone adds me on a collab by tagging my name. I get a PM saying I was collabed in making a mod that I didn't do anything on. I was curious if there was a way to click something that says "yes it's fine that I'm collabed" or "no way. I have no part of this mod."

I don't want to be added to a mod I had no part in making. Someone collabed me on a BRSTM.
    You could always edit your collaboration out of the submission and add yourself to the credits or not.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #501 on: May 14, 2015, 10:25:06 PM »

Geez, that could be easily abused. No wonder. No, I wasn't saying anything about updates; I was saying that reports should be tracked, because something like having a download fixed or a freeze fixed or glitches debugged, etc., would be essentially a "Newest Hack" so it should be counted as one...

Not only would this allow people like me, who search the entire vault and ignore "broken downloads" but want those downloads to be back up without somehow "subscribing" to that specific download, but it would also allow the Brawl Vault Staff to easily monitor any removed reports, so that they can check if they're valid.

Post Merge: May 14, 2015, 10:27:04 PM
    P.S. If they start abusing that with reports, the thing I suggested makes it so that anyone can see it and report it, maybe even give the person a "Warning" or something for abusing the powers. Cause he can do it anyway, but this way it can at least be tracked.

Post Merge: May 14, 2015, 10:30:53 PM
    P.S.S.

This. So much potential to be abused.

Some people did a workaround though: I recall some modders making a submission that'd link to their original one and deleting said new submission after 2 to 4 days (Used to grab people's attention to a major update to their old submission, in case my example wasn't clear). We didn't have any issues with users doing that, last I recall.

Just saying, but you shouldn't give anyone ideas... Undecided

You can always report the hack for it; I've seen a few hacks reported for not giving credit, so logically, you should therefore be able to report for giving credit where credit is not wanted.(Kinda like taking someone's picture, and he doesn't want his picture taken, he can sue you if you post it publicly)
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:30:53 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #502 on: May 14, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »

Why would I report someone for crediting me when I don't want to?

What I'm asking here is if we can find a way to approve and deny collaborations we're tagged in. Like I said, I was tagged in a BRSTM I didn't want to be tagged in.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #503 on: May 14, 2015, 10:36:50 PM »

You could always edit your collaboration out of the submission and add yourself to the credits or not.

Like Albafika said. I think I even did that myself once.(I know someone did it to me once, because I collabed him for his hack, and he only wanted credit for it)

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #504 on: May 14, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »

Just saying, but you shouldn't give anyone ideas... Undecided
    I'm not "giving anyone ideas... Undecided". What I explained was already brought up and discussed in this exact thread and everyone was fine with people doing it.
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:12:36 PM by Albafika » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #505 on: May 16, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »

I just found a glitch on BV. If a collab piece is editted by someone else and then by another person, and person A deletes the info that tells what type of mod over what character, and person B puts it back, you get the info twice. Here's an example of what it looks like, beceause it just happened to one of mine:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207917

I dunno how to fix it, I dunno if there are any other circumstances where it happens, and I think I remember at least one other Vault entry having the same glitch.

Post Merge: May 16, 2015, 09:50:07 AM
    P.S. Would there be a way to mention who edits the collabs in the PMs?(e.g. There are people who edit things to give credit to themselves when they never did do any of the work)

In my case, I'm hoping that since whoever it was turned "KTH" from a collabbed person(Like he was on the original hack) to a creditted person was KTH himself, so that I can PM him if that's the case with all of the Smash 3 mods. If not, then I would like to know in my PM who dun it, so that if KTH says something like "What!? Why would I do that!?" I can report the person who changed it to you guys, and you can let him know not to do that. If that's the case. I dunno if that's the case, because I don't know who changed the entry. And I would prefer to know if it was KTH or not before PMing him.

Post Merge: May 16, 2015, 10:22:28 AM
    Thank you. Smiley
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:22:28 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #506 on: May 16, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »

[snip]

If he doesn't want a collab, don't collab, the reason might be that KTH doesn't wanna be collabed for this entry.

Even if they or they not worked directly with mods... they decide whenever they would like to be collabed or not.

KTH recieves collabs with the S3 official submissions because he's an active member. And he wants to keep the collab.

Post Merge: May 16, 2015, 11:44:33 AM
    According to the logs, both KTH and Nanobuds removed their slot from the collab spot onto the credit spot so that your mod does not appear on their vaults.

The PM also mentions you who did the change.

Post Merge: May 16, 2015, 11:48:44 AM
    Only the collaborated and the BV staff can change those settings. However, the staff usually don't have reasons to apply collabs on mods.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:48:44 AM by Scout » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #507 on: May 16, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »

He just PM'ed me back that bit about him getting creditted, and it didn't originally PM me who changed it; it originally didn't mention who did it; it said something along the lines of "A collaboration of yours, Smash 3 Sonic - Minty, Maritime, and Mars, has been edited." Then later my PM somehow changed and I got notified of a PM after I read the original one(This quote is the newer one; I can't get the original one, because it got replaced with this):

Smash 3 Sonic - Minty, Maritime, and Mars has been edited by KTH.

Which is why I said
    Thank you. Smiley
    above.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 12:31:42 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #508 on: May 16, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »

Then later my PM somehow changed and I got notified of a PM after I read the original one(This quote is the newer one; I can't get the original one, because it got replaced with this)
    This absolutely did not happen. You misread the message the first time.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 03:03:43 PM by Vyse » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #509 on: May 20, 2015, 04:58:15 PM »

For [censored]s sake, this report.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208533

Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 55
    Print
    Jump to: