Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 55
Author Topic: BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates  (Read 544469 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #585 on: January 24, 2016, 05:36:22 PM »

Just because no lawyers have complained doesn't mean it should get a free pass. It could potentially set the precedent of people adding adfly links using this as an excuse. Rules are rules.

If someone has a mirror to it, then that should replace the current link. But if none exists or isnt readily available, then nuke it until one is available.

Supposedly the DL doesn't even give the mod.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:38:34 PM by Large Leader » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #586 on: January 24, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »

He hasn't updated the hack in like 2 years. He's either only "edited" it make it seem more recent or to remove any reports he may have gotten for the AdFly link not leading to the actual hack and then possibly PM-ing them to look at the description.
    If he cared about the hack itself, surely he would've updated it for real by now, I mean look at his Super Shadow texture compared to the normal Shadow texture!

"Sure it's just a texture" But for 2015 standard this is lazy, but this was made back in 2013 or something.
    Look at the model:
    This is not an up-to-date model.

Also with it being the #1 spot this says to newbies that "AdFly links that go to personal websites and having the real links in the description is acceptable here" when it really isn't.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:42:40 PM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »

Well lets not give him the chance to edit it again, and just remove his Vault privileges.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:46:53 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

Just because no lawyers have complained doesn't mean it should get a free pass. It could potentially set the precedent of people adding adfly links using this as an excuse. Rules are rules.
    Well, rules say it's not allowed. How the hack is handled is up to the staff's appreciation. The lawyers thing was just, y'know... to explain that there's no emergency here and that no, nobody's gonna get sued for an adfly link. Never said anything about a free pass.

Supposedly the DL doesn't even give the mod.
    The link in the description seems like a mod to me. There's just a video tutorial file in there that fails to be extracted. If you ignore it, it works all fine.
    But yeah, the "download link" is invalid and doesn't lead to a mod. That's exactly why I suggested replacing it. .w.

Now if you'd let the staff come to a collective decision that is more collective than literally just me and KJP right now, they'll get on to it, all right? You can stop reporting the hack now, something's being done about it.
    A couple hours are nothing in the face of 6 months.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:01:03 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #589 on: January 24, 2016, 05:58:29 PM »

Since Miacis would like a BV Staff to pitch in, I'm suggesting to replace the link with the Mediafire link in the description while having an Admin remove Mastaklo's BrawlVault privileges.

So far Miacis has no objections, but we'll have to wait to get word from Wolfric, Vyse, and the rest of the BV Staff to see if there's any objections.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:01:24 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #590 on: January 24, 2016, 08:53:19 PM »

Pretty much quoting my humble opinion from our discussion at our Top-Secret-Back-Closet Chat Room:

[9:08:45 PM] Albafika: I vote for deletion.
    [9:08:49 PM] Albafika: Like, right now.
    [9:09:13 PM] Albafika: The dude OVIOUSLY wanted to take advantage of the most downloaded hack being his
    [9:09:54 PM] Albafika: Also
    [9:09:58 PM] Albafika: It's the only one of his with adfly
    [9:10:24 PM] Albafika: Not deserving of a warn.
    [9:11:51 PM] Albafika: I'd rather not keep that hack around
    [9:12:00 PM] Albafika: Back then it was obvious he was the one who bumped it to those DLs
    [9:12:16 PM] Albafika: Right now it keeps being milked because he got it to the first place to begin with
    [9:12:24 PM] Albafika: That's the worst Shadow PSA I've played
    [9:12:36 PM] Albafika: But it was the only one at the time
    [9:12:56 PM] Albafika: Even one of the members can restore it
    [9:13:03 PM] Albafika: Heck, I probably have it
    [9:13:10 PM] Albafika: Deep within my folders
    [9:13:38 PM] Albafika: What an [censored].

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #591 on: January 24, 2016, 08:57:59 PM »

Not an admin or a mod, but I agree it is better to delete it now.
    AdFly can also give viruses even when using AdBlock.

Just tested it and the famous USB virus appeared a while later in my drive.
    Might be wrong, but it used to give me viruses so I believe it made it happen.

Fixed the virus already, but that link is just not fine there.

EDIT: Damn you double posting glitch.  Angry
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:12:18 PM by Alejandro MiddleCorn » Logged

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #592 on: January 24, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »

meh, the hack is overrated anyways... not that that is a reason to delete it. just the fact that it's being used for profit is altogether dishonorable, against the forum rules, and potentially hazardous to kcmm's existence in terms of copyrights.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:32:33 PM by Bad Box Art Mega Man » Logged

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2016, 12:52:25 AM »

As a former Vault mod, I believe the right thing to do would be to replace the link with the one in the description (provided it is working) and give him some sort of suspension from doing anything on the Vault.

Making money from a false download link is ridiculous. IDK how he has gotten away with this for so long.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:55:14 AM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #594 on: January 25, 2016, 05:29:29 AM »

As a former Vault mod, I believe the right thing to do would be to replace the link with the one in the description (provided it is working) and give him some sort of suspension from doing anything on the Vault.

Making money from a false download link is ridiculous. IDK how he has gotten away with this for so long.

I don't think it's fine either to take his hack. Also, the rules state:

Uploading Methods

• Any link that requires a user to do anything other than click "download" is not allowed. Sites with timers (e.g. RapidShare) are fine; sites with ads*6 or passwords are not.

6: This rule applies to the submission's download link, description, and image URL. We, by no means, will allow people to acquire personal gain from their Mods submitted on Brawl Vault.

Why is it fine to make an exception here?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »

I'm not sure how that'd be an exception? The rules state that it's not allowed (and nobody challenges that). They don't state that the sanction has to be a deletion. The two times he's put a wrong link in there, we agreed to just change the DL link back to its normal state and nobody batted an eyelid about it.

Not that it matters, because the final decision was to have the submission deleted, which I'm also fine with considering he pulled that [censored] thrice.

'tis the end of an era. The ShadowVault is no more.  Cry
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:36:14 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #596 on: January 25, 2016, 06:48:29 PM »

I'm not sure how that'd be an exception? The rules state that it's not allowed (and nobody challenges that). They don't state that the sanction has to be a deletion. The two times he's put a wrong link in there, we agreed to just change the DL link back to its normal state and nobody batted an eyelid about it.
    Uh, it falls under "Submission Rules". I believe it was obvious that the sanction for any submission not following the submission rules is "not approving" which would lead to "deletion" or straight-up "deletion". I mean, what else would the action for not following the submission rules be?

If you still feel like it's not obvious (Which I can see happening; At least it's obvious to me), we might as well update every bullet point to include the sanction, because that's how hacks not following the Submission Rules are supposed to be handled.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #597 on: January 25, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »

Uh, it falls under "Submission Rules". I believe it was obvious that the sanction for any submission not following the submission rules is "not approving" which would lead to "deletion" or straight-up "deletion". I mean, what else would the action for not following the submission rules be?

If you still feel like it's not obvious (Which I can see happening; At least it's obvious to me), we might as well update every bullet point to include the sanction, because that's how hacks not following the Submission Rules are supposed to be handled.

I disagree with this. If we deleted every hack that didn't follow the rules, instead of use the Report button as intended, then we'd be deleting probably over half the Vault, because like 50-70% I'd say is hacks without previews. Model hacks for a lot of them. And that would prohibit people from playing with those model hacks. I know this, because I've bookmarked almost every character hack import that looks like it has a working download.(I've only got like 1 thousand left to sort through, which isn't that much, and yes, you'd be surprised how often imports are labeled as "Textures") This is my opinion on the matter, that this doesn't apply to everything. However, when someone is doing something worse than a broken download or a broken image, and intentionally making profit illegally, my opinion changes and I do agree with this, because it's not the same kind of rule being broken. One has to do with general submission rules and how they have no previews half the time, and the other is doing something that actually threatens something happening to KC-MM!

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #598 on: January 25, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »

I disagree with this. If we deleted every hack that didn't follow the rules, instead of use the Report button as intended, then we'd be deleting probably over half the Vault, because like 50-70% I'd say is hacks without previews. Model hacks for a lot of them. And that would prohibit people from playing with those model hacks. I know this, because I've bookmarked almost every character hack import that looks like it has a working download.(I've only got like 1 thousand left to sort through, which isn't that much, and yes, you'd be surprised how often imports are labeled as "Textures") This is my opinion on the matter, that this doesn't apply to everything. However, when someone is doing something worse than a broken download or a broken image, and intentionally making profit illegally, my opinion changes and I do agree with this, because it's not the same kind of rule being broken. One has to do with general submission rules and how they have no previews half the time, and the other is doing something that actually threatens something happening to KC-MM!
    It's different when a hack in the Vault is lacking previews because the links died later on than when a hack is submitted to the Vault without previews. The former would leave it around, while the latter would either a) Never get it approved until the submitter fixes it or B) Get it deleted stating the submitter is free to re-submit it with previews as stated by the rules.

In another scenario, "plagiarizing or submitting a hack with adfly or a site that requires registering an account " would get the hack instantly removed from the Vault, not edited and replaced with a proper link by the Staff. In this Shadow situation, the submitter has re-edited adfly into the DL link 2/3(?) times (Being told each time to not to do it again).

Your post did let me see how wrong my past statement was; I can see how the rules don't strictly mention what's the sanction for each faulty situation, so I take back my previous post.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:30:26 PM by Wolfric » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #599 on: January 28, 2016, 11:52:15 AM »

Slight change of subject: Whenever I add multiple collaborators to a submission, the order of them becomes very different after submitting. This is a minor issue but I thought I'd report it.

Also, I have an idea that will clear clutter from the Vault. Could all submissions that still have a pending tag after one month be moved to a new "Broken" section and out of the appropriate character's BV section? This process could be automated. Blockers for removing the pending tag would include broken links, (possibly no images), or game crashes. Automated messages about the move to the "Broken" section could be sent 1 week, 2 days, and 1 day before the move. This allows the submitter ample time to correct their issues and the hack will still be accessible but not in a way that annoys users. If the submission is rectified after it has been moved, a BV staff member could manually move it to the appropriate section in BV.

Additionally, the pending tag could be reapplied to broken downloads in the future by BV staff and they will go through the same month long period before being moved. It would also be a good idea to apply the pending tag to current broken downloads if this system is implemented.

I realize that this would require a lot of coding to accomplish and probably won't be immediately feasible, but I still wanted to voice my opinions.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 55
    Print
    Jump to: