Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 55
Author Topic: BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates  (Read 544368 times)
Sandfall
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #660 on: February 03, 2016, 02:36:55 AM »

Because if we asked the community to make administrative decisions, there'd be comments on the Vault, packs wouldn't require a full credits list, all Sonic recolors would be banned from the Vault ever and any popular user asking nicely could get executive decisions done with no regards for double-standards or long-term consequences. :v

Again, not the point.

The point is that most of the members here would be uncomfortable with allowing leaked/stolen works on the vault. It's wrong no matter how you slice it, and nearly everybody here seems to see that.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #661 on: February 03, 2016, 04:51:29 AM »

Dunno why you're so persistent.

Oh, you have no idea.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:59:57 AM by Scout » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #662 on: February 03, 2016, 05:52:07 AM »

Dunno why you're so persistent.

Because I'm a persistent little booger. :>

Because if we asked the community to make administrative decisions, there'd be comments on the Vault, packs wouldn't require a full credits list, all Sonic recolors would be banned from the Vault ever and any popular user asking nicely could get executive decisions done with no regards for double-standards or long-term consequences. :v

If you're that worried, than have the poll be only available to Admins and Staff and Blog Curators. Because I'm pretty sure it would still be the same ratio of consensus.

Oh, you have no idea.

Actually, he does know how persistent I am, though I'd think that by now, you'd think he'd know why. Tongue

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #663 on: February 03, 2016, 06:41:04 AM »

If you're that worried, than have the poll be only available to Admins and Staff and Blog Curators. Because I'm pretty sure it would still be the same ratio of consensus.
    It's already done. And Curators don't even exist anymore.
    We had a thread (with a poll) to discuss the situation for three weeks, and that's the way the decision came out. And we're still discussing the matter in a Skype chat.

Why do you think I was saying "we decided" all this time?
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:42:50 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector >9000 Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #664 on: February 03, 2016, 06:56:51 AM »

Hey, it's open season, everyone! Why work on your modding skills when you can work on your hacking skills instead, steal not-yet-released work from other modders' computers, and release it as your own!?

Go nuts! Miacis is cool with it!

Playtesting a pre-release moveset for another modder? Why not beat them to the punch and release it yourself!? It's totally fine as long as you credit the person whose work you intentionally stole!

I mean, this has never happened before, so why stop it when it does? Why not just let everyone go for it!?

In all seriousness, ask yourself why this kind of theft has "never happened" on the vault. The answer is that everyone knows deep down that it's wrong, and they assumed they wouldn't get away with it. If you let them, you've thrown any semblance of dignity this site had out the window.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:59:55 AM by HaloedHero » Logged

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #665 on: February 03, 2016, 08:08:10 AM »

As a matter of fact, we advise... nay, we encourage hackers to beat up their local PMDT friends for their WIP stages and then upload it all on BrawlVault. Our community will then drink the tears and laugh at the awful misfortune of these most respectful hackers taking punches like nerds.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:13:24 AM by Miacis » Logged

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #666 on: February 03, 2016, 08:14:19 AM »

Hey, don't drag the community into this. It's the leadership that's the problem here.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:15:48 AM by HaloedHero » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #667 on: February 03, 2016, 08:21:36 AM »

Do you think maybe we could move these posts to a new topic in the "Serious Discussions/Debates" board, since that's what this heated argument is getting into? O_O

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #668 on: February 03, 2016, 08:33:26 AM »

Personally, I'm done arguing. Miacis thinks the PMDT has it out for KCMM and doesn't care whether he's doing the right thing by us, because he just doesn't like us or trust us. I get it. The thing is that I love KCMM, always have, and I always will, but if this is how the site is run, and this is the caliber of person who's involved in the leadership, I'd rather have my account axed and not be associated with it anymore.

Goodbye, KCMM.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #669 on: February 03, 2016, 08:35:57 AM »

Taking a break from heated discussions is never a bad idea.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #670 on: February 03, 2016, 08:36:38 AM »

You guys seem to forget that the Vault consists of Resources for Brawl Modding. Whoever uploads the leaked files would gain nothing for submitting them to the Vault. Based on this, I honestly don't see the harm.

Do you think maybe we could move these posts to a new topic in the "Serious Discussions/Debates" board, since that's what this heated argument is getting into? O_O
    Seriously?

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #671 on: February 03, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »

Okay, I've been lurking around and stuff, but this is too weird to not comment on. Like, this really shouldn't be all that complicated, right?

Look, if person B takes something from person A (without permission) that person A doesn't want on the vault, then passes it to person C who makes an edit and uploads it, isn't the obvious reaction for person A to tell off person B and tell person C to take down the stolen edit?

Heck, if person B takes something unreleased from person A without permission, makes an edit, and then uploads it even with proper collab and credit, isn't the obvious reaction still for person A to request the removal of the unsolicited edit? "Dude you stole this and uploaded it, why would you ever think I'd be cool with this?"

I mean, it's even in the rules: "Minor edits to others' work are allowed to an extent. For example, if you create a night/rain/snow version of someone’s stage or change a character’s shirt from green to blue and want to post it on the Vault, you have to collaborate the creator of the original hack." Except in this case all the individual members who are being collabed for the edit literally don't want it on the vault. This applies to every hack, not just PM stuff.

You're telling me you'd have to let it get uploaded to the vault before it can get removed because you're making an exception in the rules for SPECIFICALLY PM stolen content?

Guys, this is literally common courtesy. It's not even in contention whether or not the art is stolen. It IS. It's also not in contention whether any of the individual original creators want the stuff out in the wild. They don't. None of them. I don't. I created a good deal of it myself.

You guys seem to forget that the Vault consists of Resources for Brawl Modding. Whoever uploads the leaked files would gain nothing for submitting them to the Vault. Based on this, I honestly don't see the harm.

What does this mean? (And I ask you to read this without any sarcasm, I truly don't understand.)

When did the Vault only become a "resource for Brawl Modding?" Two, what makes the uploader's opinion more important than the creator's?

It doesn't hurt them, but it hurts me, specifically. I'm not as dramatic as Halo, so I'm not gonna storm out the door. But this hurts.

I'm not even mad, just incredibly disappointed. These past few months have been nothing but disappointment.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #672 on: February 03, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »

I mean, it's even in the rules: "Minor edits to others' work are allowed to an extent. For example, if you create a night/rain/snow version of someone’s stage or change a character’s shirt from green to blue and want to post it on the Vault, you have to collaborate the creator of the original hack." Except in this case all the individual members who are being collabed for the edit literally don't want it on the vault. This applies to every hack, not just PM stuff.
    Our rules don't forbid others to upload their hacks for them, though. They do forbid plagiarizing another person's work, but if the person states who is the owner of the hack and his part in it, he should have no problem uploading a mod that isn't on the Vault. Which is why dasdonkey's textures (Among others') are on the Vault through different users' submissions.

You're telling me you'd have to let it get uploaded to the vault before it can get removed because you're making an exception in the rules for SPECIFICALLY PM stolen content?
    On the contrary:
    If P:M content is treated like any BV submission, then all you'd need to do in case of a complaint is to redirect the author to the submitter so they can work this out together. And if the submitter doesn't want to remove the submission, well, tough luck. The files are publicly available regardless.

What does this mean? (And I ask you to read this without any sarcasm, I truly don't understand.)

When did the Vault only become a "resource for Brawl Modding?" Two, what makes the uploader's opinion more important than the creator's?

It doesn't hurt them, but it hurts me, specifically. I'm not as dramatic as Halo, so I'm not gonna storm out the door. But this hurts.

I'm not even mad, just incredibly disappointed. These past few months have been nothing but disappointment.
    How would you not know what this means? Many PMDT members have labelled the Vault as a "great resource", and I agree. And the uploader's opinion is irrelevant. We just believe every mod has a place in the Vault (From a Jesus/Judas mod to PM).

As someone said in our discussion:

The whole point is that we can't really permit re-uploads without allowing edits, or edits without allowing re-uploads. The former because it'd be nonsensical and contrary to the entire point of this modding community. The latter because of the potential for abuse.

Also because it would be rather silly. Like yes, you can download Pink Knuckles or Lyn with the Sol Katti, but not the original Knuckles/Lyn?
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:32:03 AM by Wolfric » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #673 on: February 03, 2016, 10:55:20 AM »

Seriously windhunter. This is getting ridiculous.
    Personally, I'm done arguing. Miacis thinks the PMDT has it out for KCMM and doesn't care whether he's doing the right thing by us, because he just doesn't like us or trust us. I get it.
    I think there is proof out that there is beef between them and this forum. Roll Eyes
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:57:49 AM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

sporksparks
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #674 on: February 03, 2016, 11:04:40 AM »

As a matter of fact, we advise... nay, we encourage hackers to beat up their local PMDT friends for their WIP stages and then upload it all on BrawlVault. Our community will then drink the tears and laugh at the awful misfortune of these most respectful hackers taking punches like nerds.

What the [censored], seriously? You're really encouraging to beat people up? Do you realize how [censored]ed up that is? The Ex-PMDT worked hard on the work they made, and you're encouraging violence? Are you just jealous by the fact Project M is a quality mod and had a quality team, and you didn't get a chance to get on?

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 55
    Print
    Jump to: