Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 55
Author Topic: BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates  (Read 544280 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #690 on: February 03, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »

I see that the tried and true "flood the topic with P:M followers until no discussion becomes possible anymore" strategy is still going strong.

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posited before, or should I just take a cup of coffee while the Nanobuds fans parot the same 4 lines?

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #691 on: February 03, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »

I see that the tried and true "flood the topic with P:M followers until no discussion becomes possible anymore" strategy is still going strong.

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posited before, or should I just take a cup of coffee while the Nanobuds fans parot the same 4 lines?
    A majority of active modders these days are at SmashBoards, not KCMM. They just use the Vault to upload their work since its the oldest source for mods.

The forums here are like a desert compared to the Custom Content section of SmashBoards. Anyone coming from there has an equally valid opinion to those who stay here at KCMM.

No need to ignore the only people keeping the Vault alive.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:57:08 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »

Which is why you needed to make a long post about how evil I am in your personal thread there before they would show their concern about this place.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #693 on: February 03, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »

Oh hey, this is an example of what I mentioned a few months back about the "big hot-shot names" around these boards and their attitudes? Which got shut down because no one likes to hear negative things about themselves.

You guys are the worst, literally. The fact of the matter is that, no matter how you slice it, people will uploading work not obtained by honest means. Especially considering the manner the content WAS released. Just because it's the same with "official" Smash content doesn't make it any better.

Allowing people the opportunity to upload content not officially released by the ex-PMDT BEFORE THEY THEMSELVES are able to decide if THEY want to is just really tacky. I mean, a lot of you folks are rather tacky but a small part of me thought there was a limit.

I'm repeating what's been said by most folks here because the "big hot-shot names" aren't quite getting it, nor do they care enough.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #694 on: February 03, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »

we're supposed to help each other out, even if this wasn't about the pmdt i wouldn't agree this.
    Perhaps treating the PMDT with some good-will would make them more willing to work with the greater Brawl modding community, think of it that way.

*Sigh*

Oh don't worry it's okay so long as you mention the creator's name even if they didn't give consent and were totally against it—the newly rewritten rules say so!
    Rules have not been touched since November 25, 2013. Our decision literally means we're not adjusting the rules to add Project M as an exception to them, not the opposite.

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posted before
    Would love this very much.

A majority of active modders these days are at SmashBoards, not KCMM. They just use the Vault to upload their work since its the oldest source for mods.

The forums here are like a desert compared to the Custom Content section of SmashBoards. Anyone coming from there has an equally valid opinion to those who stay here at KCMM.
    Thank you for clarifying. So you basically brought your followers here to support your decision, labeling us as Sith Lords. I guess I might as well start behaving the way you painted us here, to not to leave a bad impression.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #695 on: February 03, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »

Which is why you needed to make a long post about how evil I am in your personal thread there before they would show their concern about this place.
    Because no one actually visits these forums. They just use the Vault.

And you are missing the whole point of my post. Yeah, I used you to grab their attention because it was a [censored]ty thing to say, but the main topic of my post was about the silly rule update.

Stop manipulating the situation to make yourself look like the victim.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:05:16 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #696 on: February 03, 2016, 01:08:45 PM »

Rules have not been touched since November 25, 2013. Our decision literally means we're not adjusting the rules to add Project M as an exception to them, not the opposite.

Nobody is asking the admins to add Project M as an exception to the rules. We're saying content that is stolen (or leaked, or whatever you want to call it) should have no place here on the Vault regardless of who the original creator was.

Layell
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Featured >9000 Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #697 on: February 03, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »

Hi you can look at my vault and see my many entries, two whole pages. Does this make my opinion valid now? Don't play this silly game, you are losing face.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #698 on: February 03, 2016, 01:09:22 PM »

So you basically brought your followers here to support your decision, labeling us as Sith Lords. I guess I might as well start behaving the way you painted us here, to not to leave a bad impression.
    You're already the Anti-Christ though.

Because no one actually visits these forums. They just use the Vault.
    And yet they [censored] all over this website they don't use in nearly every post they make? Including on SmashBoards?
    You're killing me here.

And you are missing the whole point of my post. Yeah, I used you to grab their attention, but the main topic of my post was about the silly rule update.
    Oh, I'm not missing anything. I was pretty much every day in the BV Staff room asking for possible compromises to help smooth things out for former PMDT devs. I was keeping discussions here and explaining our reasons because I believed a consensus could be reached.

The exact moment when you decided to make the conversation entirely one-way by bringing along your followers is the moment where I decided that it was not worth the effort, and that there was no discussion possible.

If you want to make this a popularity contest, you can do it on SmashBoards.

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• Awards Featured Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #699 on: February 03, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »

i love how you admins are rolling around writhing like cornered animals as soon as people start coming for you directly. aren't you a bunch of cute little victims? You're the ones encouraging content theft, with the only defenses being "muh creative freedom" and "well it's a brawl mod so therefore everything's stolen lol." your arguments remind me of the kind of things angsty teenagers say to their parents (because they don't understand us *swoon*), and exemplify everything wrong with this website. you don't deserve any mercy. other than the woodland furry art in your avatar and the OC recolors you've submitted to the vault, you haven't made much worthwhile content, so you clearly don't know what it feels like to have your meaningful art desecrated

Oh hey, this is an example of what I mentioned a few months back about the "big hot-shot names" around these boards and their attitudes? Which got shut down because no one likes to hear negative things about themselves.

You guys are the worst, literally. The fact of the matter is that, no matter how you slice it, people will uploading work not obtained by honest means. Especially considering the manner the content WAS released. Just because it's the same with "official" Smash content doesn't make it any better.

Allowing people the opportunity to upload content not officially released by the ex-PMDT BEFORE THEY THEMSELVES are able to decide if THEY want to is just really tacky. I mean, a lot of you folks are rather tacky but a small part of me thought there was a limit.

I'm repeating what's been said by most folks here because the "big hot-shot names" aren't quite getting it, nor do they care enough.
    this post sums it up nicely. Hypnotize gets it, everyone new here gets it, and people who aren't posting just don't care anymore. this board isn't the center of the community anymore. for the most part, it's a cancerous playground for you tasteless individuals.

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #700 on: February 03, 2016, 01:22:52 PM »

Oh, I'm not missing anything. I was pretty much every day in the BV Staff room asking for possible compromises to help smooth things out for former PMDT devs. I was keeping discussions here and explaining our reasons because I believed a consensus could be reached.

Rather than having this discussion in a public forum, is there any way we can have a private discussion between the BV staff and former-PMDT members?

That way, we can have a reasonable discussion to clear up any misunderstandings without the peanut gallery chiming in.

I feel like that would be the best way to get this sorted out in a civil manner and reach a compromise where both parties are happy.

Cynapse
    Intermediate Kitten

Just don't.

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #701 on: February 03, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »

And now you've got a demented furry thing for an avatar captioned "nyeh heh heh." It's quite telling.

Honestly people, I don't think the situation can be changed. They have the red names; their word is final. Even if literally everyone who posted on the vault ever (includes them) spoke out against the situation in regards to PM's leaked content, not a thing would change. What happens is entirely up to them.

Side note: these forums are kind of dark, dank, dusty, and outdated.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #702 on: February 03, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »

After speaking with S.J.S. about the situation in a civil manner, I believe I have a better solution to our issue:

Submitting Knuckles, Lyndis or Isaac to the Vault has to be labelled as a "Pack" for all the PM files that would need to be included with them (Codes, cosmetics, etc). We can't allow Knuckles, Lyndis and Isaac because they don't follow this rule for Packs:

Packs must include a README with credit to the submitters of all the included hacks and links to their Brawl Vault galleries (if they have one).

Knowing we can't allow these three, is it fine to allow textures/model edits of these? Sure, they'll have textures ready whenever someone ports them to regular slots (If ever), and they'd fall in the "Custom" category of the Vault. But why allow textures/edits and not the real thing?

I believe the best way to handle Lyndis/Knuckles/Isaac is to allow a thread (Project M Resources Thread) with the 3.61 Download Link, and the thread could be used for people to submit their mods of said PM version, be it textures, models, or whatever they decide. Nothing of this would be allowed on the Vault.

However, sadly, standalone models (Models that don't require files other than the 00.pac/.pcs files, Awakening Roy) would still fall under our rules of free to modify.

Rather than having this discussion in a public forum, is there any way we can have a private discussion between the BV staff and former-PMDT members?

That way, we can have a reasonable discussion to clear up any misunderstandings without the peanut gallery chiming in.

I feel like that would be the best way to get this sorted out in a civil manner and reach a compromise where both parties are happy.
    It would have been the best. But now we are in this situation thanks to your ex-fellow PMDT member Nanobuds. I don't really expect Miacis to be open to discussing this further after  Nanobuds' approach to the situation.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:39:15 PM by Wolfric » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #703 on: February 03, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »

And now you've got a demented furry thing for an avatar captioned "nyeh heh heh." It's quite telling.

No need for personal attacks, cut it out.

After speaking with S.J.S. about the situation in a civil manner, I believe I have a better solution to our issue:

Submitting Knuckles, Lyndis or Isaac to the Vault has to be labelled as a "Pack" for all the PM files that would need to be included with them (Codes, cosmetics, etc). We can't allow Knuckles, Lyndis and Isaac because they don't follow this rule for Packs:
    Knowing we can't allow these three, is it fine to allow textures/model edits of these? Sure, they'll have textures ready whenever someone ports them to regular slots (If ever), and they'd fall in the "Custom" category of the Vault. But why allow textures/edits and not the real thing?

I believe the best way to handle Lyndis/Knuckles/Isaac is to allow a thread (Project M Resources Thread) with the 3.61 Download Link, and the thread could be used for people to submit their mods of said PM version, be it textures, models, or whatever they decide. Nothing of this would be allowed on the Vault.

However, sadly, standalone models (Models that don't require files other than the 00.pac/.pcs files, Awakening Roy) would still fall under our rules of free to modify.

Still not ideal, but its better than nothing. I'm game.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:40:48 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #704 on: February 03, 2016, 01:41:56 PM »

I haven't read this whole thing, but I heard it's about the extra characters from the leaked Project M build and them being uploaded to the Vault.

I mean, why upload what isn't your's?

Is that how you fight arguments? By insulting avatars? That contributes nothing to the conversation. Grow up.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:45:41 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pages:  1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 55
    Print
    Jump to: