Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do Ganondorf players really want?
I like how he turned out in Brawl - 3 (9.1%)
I liked him better in Melee - 1 (3%)
I like how he turned out in ProjectM 3.3 - 3 (9.1%)
I like Eldiran's sword mod for normal Brawl - 4 (12.1%)
I would like a separate, fully sword based move set - 3 (9.1%)
I would like to use Eldiran's sword mod with ProjectM - 4 (12.1%)
I would like a partial de-clone of Ganondorf's (B) special attacks - 8 (24.2%)
I would like only a few move changes/enhancements, if any - 3 (9.1%)
I don't care about Ganondorf - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POLL - What do Ganondorf players really want?  (Read 3622 times)
TheSuperestSmashBros
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 06, 2014, 09:28:46 AM »

Based on our ongoing ambitious project to make Ganondorf a better Ganondorf, me and my brother would like some input on what the community wants to see, if anything, done to his move set. We hope to keep him competitive above all, but perhaps want to see a little more characterized appropriation in his move set/animations...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:50:49 PM by TheSuperestSmashBros » Logged

SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:42:12 AM »

Gandoken from Brawl-

[/end thread]

jk. i would say though that i would say a decloned by just changing a few thinks

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

TheSuperestSmashBros
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:47:55 AM »

Yeah, we currently have updated his swinging animations and successfully given ProjectM Ganondorf Eldiran's sword mod! We will upload this soon if we don't get any further suggestions to enhance the move set.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »

if there is something I want on a ganon PSA, is a different Final Smash which actually fits the other ganon imports one can put on ganon (for example, its weird to see piccolo transforming into beast ganon lol)

TheSuperestSmashBros
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »

The final smash is something we would certainly like to be able to elaborate on, but as of this point, no work has been done at attempting a Ganon overhaul. Personally, we would like to see (in Smash Bros U) the ability for Ganondorf to transform into a playable Ganon with swords and/or a trident much how bowser transforms into Giga Bowser. Ganondorf and Ganon would also seem to make much more sense as a transforming final smash than Bowser. This would be very cool to work on in the future if we were able to learn more about final smash editing.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »

I was rather thinking about something simplier and more generic like a darkness explosion or something (like with Darkon's PSA)

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »

One idea is to port Ganondorf over another character, so he can have a projectile for his infamous light ball tennis.

Lucario would be a great suggestion, since he has a charging projectile, a Special Grab, a Defensive Collision, and a BrawlEx rel.

A Final Smash idea would be to have Beast Ganon as the Final Smash, but have it control like Giga Bowser. Since we have BrawlEx for transforming characters.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

TheSuperestSmashBros
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »

Thats true, there are a lot more possibilities that would open up for Ganondorf if we could work on recreating him over lucario. However, as Ganondorf is a top contending main choice for a lot of Smashers since Melee, it would seem to be a for him to not retain some of his heavy hitting close range Falcon-cloned abilities (mostly his A-button-game) if we were to attempt to port him over lucario.

Post Merge: March 10, 2014, 12:37:48 PM
    Also, I suppose what we want to hone in on with the project we are working on now is a truly appropriated Ganondorf move set that suits Ganondorf, the Nintendo character. While some of the awesome costume options like Darth Vader and Dr. Eggman are cool novelties, we want to really focus on Ganondorf being a better Ganondorf as opposed to being more suitable for non-Nintendo costume ports.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:37:48 PM by TheSuperestSmashBros » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 12:39:08 PM »

Just because he's over a different character, that doesn't mean he can't use his original moves. I:

There's PSA for a reason. Tongue

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

TheSuperestSmashBros
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »

We (meaning me and my brother) are going to try to do whatever we can to our best abilities. Porting Ganondorf over lucario using PSA is something we haven't truly attempted yet, but want to. Mostly, we have utilized BrawlBox exclusively to animate and bring together our Ganondorf Great King of Evil move set edits. Anyone can PM us if they want to get in our project and get our current version of Project M Ganondorf while its still in Beta. He currently has a SHOCKWAVE SLAM attack as his Down-A Aerial and has the ability to pull out and use his sword (like a beam sword) with his taunt. He also has totally revamped animations for his sword swings so they don't look so rigid.

Post Merge: March 10, 2014, 12:48:01 PM
    Also, if you're reading this, don't forget to give us your VOTE!

Post Merge: March 11, 2014, 02:17:43 PM
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:17:43 PM by TheSuperestSmashBros » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: