Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Nebulon's GFX Porting Tutorial (Brawl EX Pack makers, this is essential for you)  (Read 62860 times)
JPW62490
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2014, 07:32:40 AM »

Amazing tutorial. Helped me an amazing deal. I also appreciate the time it must have taken you from trial & error to know this much.

The sword trace thing is still a little confusing. But it just may be the character I'm GFX porting. Here's the rundown.

I'm porting Roy Minus (Thany's Melee-y Roy) to Brawl Minus Max. Roy's GFX are ported over Arman. Judging from the tutorial and the following comments, the ID's I have to work with are (in hex)

-ef_arman (B1)
-ef_marth (12)
-Arman's sword trace (20)
and the External Graphic Effects I ported to ef_arman, which are
-EffRoySwordFlare (2A) formerly 1
-EffMarthShieldBrake (2B) formerly 2
-EffMarth Shield Entry (2C) formerly 4

Since Brawlbox 0.68b still read the moveset file as misc data, I used PSA 2.35.
Roy's known bugs thus far are...
-Roy's entry shows the fire emblem circle, but the sparkles accompanying it are missing.
-All of Roy's Sword traces show white. All his A-move sword traces still share Marth's if he    fights Marth.
Everything else works fine. So, my main question is, in PSA, what ID's go where, exactly?

superluigi220
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »

lets all hope that someone makes a tool to do this for us...

secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: June 26, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »

Hey man thanks for the awesome tutorial!
    Between it and some of the comments here I was able to port the effects for calikingz's zero over a subspace enemy, and since he's a pretty graphic heavy psa I think I've got a good idea of how the whole thing works now.
    I can only imagine how much time it takes you to go through all the characters in your pack and fix em up, it's a shame we don't have a tool that can search for and find all the instances of an external graphic effect and all the terminations so that we can just pop in the new variables without hunting them all down. Especially when some people like to be sneaky and slip them in other folders than just the GFX one.

Caporai
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 07:17:28 AM »

Question here:

I saw a Zelda PSA (ahri) that she got luigi green flame effect or ganon entry effects  (since this isn't a ModelData, but on REFF, how can I call it on EFLS entry?)

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: August 28, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »

would like some help if possible. im trying to fix GFX for Buu over Lucario and im on the last step where i have to open all those files. some External GFX are indexed as numbers besides what i have on my notepad and im confused about it. i have 3. 4. and 8 as EFLS but the first External GFX i was finally able to find has an index as 27.

i stopped there because i dont wanna mess anything up trying to change something i dont understand

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5]
    Print
    Jump to: