Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: [8/1/14] The New File Research Thread | New video series on SSE files!  (Read 51644 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 01:52:28 AM »

Whew! i have finally succeeded in linking two different levels together! The ADSJ file is directly tied to the GDOR file! I'll update the OP with documentation as soon as i write it out!

This effectively means that we can now create levels and link them from any door within a previous level. The real question is, can we make the game load a file that isn't NORMALLY there? We shall see...

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 03:19:48 PM »

Fantastic work!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 11:15:33 PM »

I am a bit ahead of myself here, BUT i kinda made a tool that can explore any BLOC archive, list file offsets and subfiles within it, and the individual entries of each of those subfiles. It can currently change any enemy spawned to ANY OTHER enemy that i have identified. Though it only supports editing GEG1 Files right now, it aims to be an SSEditor that will eventually support all the files. Maybe even a gui for dragging and dropping stage elements to create new stages....maybe..if it's possible. ( it can VIEW all files inside a BLOC archive, but only edit GEG1).

When i have enough files supported and whatnot i'll release it as an alpha, but for now just a teaser~

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 11:51:28 PM »

Why not code it into Brawlbox?
    Everything is already set up to read and write files and display child entries and properties.
    All you need to do is implement the format.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »

Sounds like a good idea actually, I'll look into that. Still have a long way to go in learning c#, so  i'm constantly looking at BBox's source anyways. I only started programming in c# a few months ago. WHELP, good way to learn i suppose! lol

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 04:15:04 PM »

Sammi Husky, I just want to make you sure being right on track.

but inside each SSE Stage in the first ARC file, all the enemy data, models and stuff are there.
    so if we will edit the GEG1, we need to add that data aswell if it isn't in the stage already!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 05:28:31 PM »

Sammi Husky, I just want to make you sure being right on track.

but inside each SSE Stage in the first ARC file, all the enemy data, models and stuff are there.
    so if we will edit the GEG1, we need to add that data aswell if it isn't in the stage already!

Yep! that is true. However, some enemies aren't there and are in adventure_common. Another interesting thing, is that EPSP Needs to have the data for the AI for the enemies. since the movesets are in adventure_common and in the first arc entry in the file. Smiley I have a few templates of the EPSP data, and can almost completely rebuild the GEG1 and EPSP files.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 03:38:44 AM »

Yep! that is true. However, some enemies aren't there and are in adventure_common. Another interesting thing, is that EPSP Needs to have the data for the AI for the enemies. since the movesets are in adventure_common and in the first arc entry in the file. Smiley I have a few templates of the EPSP data, and can almost completely rebuild the GEG1 and EPSP files.
    i know that, thats the more common enemies like all the primid and spaak I believe?

and thats pretty intresting! cant wait to make my own SSE Stage! :3

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »

Hmm interestingly enough, it seems EPSP isn't needed at all for spawning enemies, at least not enemies that i have encountered thus far. Strange, because the strings in the EPSP data talk about 'AI' so i figure it still has something to do with the ai. However, i can create enemies that behave properly without having the EPSP file present at all.

Interesting. i wonder what EPSP actually does...

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »

Might it be linked to difficulty level? It's a random shot, but that's something that isn't unilaterally necessary to create an enemy. If choosing an A.I. based on difficulty is something necessary, in the least they would leave a default option in case nothing was chosen.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 08:43:29 PM »

Hey, thats a great idea actually. Alot of the string entries say something regarding 'AISwitchCheck' so that may very well be the case!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »

Just a slight update to this, The reason i haven't posted anything lately is because i've run into a very very slight roadblock. You see, i can completely replace a stage and everything in that stage including moving objects, enemy spawners, blahdeblahdeblah. BUT something is being read from somwhere that controls some very specific things.

Even though i replaced all the files with that of another stage, the game's camera (sometimes) and game MODE doesn't play correctly. for example, replacing the first stage after defeating kirby/mario with the first skyworld level works correctly, however you spawn WAY above everything and the cameras and blastlines behave like the original stage.

Next example, replacing that skyworld level this time. I just reverse the stages that were swapped last time. Putting that level directly after fighting kirby/mario over the first skyworld level. Somewhat same results, but this time you spawn correctly. The camera still seems to behave incorrectly but im not sure. However, the game mode for fighting an arena of enemies doesn't register correctly. The enemies spawn right and all that jazz, but defeating them doesn't advance the level...curious.

In other news, i found what SCLA and ADPM actually stands for by looking at strings in the module.

ADPM :: Adventure Stage Parameters

SCLA is a bit more iffy, it only references it like this "shadow_collision_check" and other shadow related strings. However this doesn't explain the step/landing sounds and traction Floating points.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: April 28, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »

This is awesome!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »

This is awesome!

Indeed! Smiley

For anyone interested, i just felt like posting a little bit of Progress here. Just a proof of concept. I show off a few things in this video, the first being the sfx that are played when the clouds are triggered. Second (and main thing) being the linking of this stage to a very distant completely different SSE stage. The door i was walking in at the end was simply a blank door that lead to nowhere, however it can be changed to lead to ANY stage in the game. Including boss fights. I also just show that everything works. Hitboxes, dying/respawning, item boxes etc

<a href="http://youtu.be/kTWW_ooBJh4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/kTWW_ooBJh4</a>

EDIT: also, i've found the files that control stage related hitboxes. Like those big smashing spikey blocks with buttons on them in the factory levels.
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:30:09 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 03:04:29 AM »

now this is progress!

do you have any clue how to change the character thats plays in new stage? would love to change example to jigglypuff :w:

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: