Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: [8/1/14] The New File Research Thread | New video series on SSE files!  (Read 51160 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #90 on: August 01, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »

For editing things like stage hazards, you would want to look in the 3 most likely places depending on what you want. Those are the module, the STDT, or in some rare cases unknown files that BBox doesn't recognize.

The actual stage hitboxes can likely be found in the module, whereas STDT will be like article floating points which control smaller aspects of the level / hazards. (i.e. skyworld's platform health). You can also find values similar to STDT inside the section[4] in any stage module.

In regards to this thread, i've 100% completed GSND files in bbox. You can now edit every known aspect, and right click->add new entry Smiley

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #91 on: August 01, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »

Tutorial please. I am eager to find stuff out.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #92 on: August 01, 2014, 03:55:50 PM »

So is GSND used for sounds that play during certain triggers, like hitting a button or going through a door? And is it an SSE-specific thing?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: August 02, 2014, 12:36:20 AM »

So is GSND used for sounds that play during certain triggers, like hitting a button or going through a door? And is it an SSE-specific thing?

GSND are indeed isolated SFX that play either on trigger (Trigger ID's), or if one is not specified it will play in the background when the level loads. This is what most stages do, as the sfx that are used are usually looped. However, you can use any sfx that are loaded in that level's soundbank or in the common / adventure common sfx

Tutorial please. I am eager to find stuff out.

Today is the day that i will be starting a video series of tutorials.  In this series, i will be documenting the SSE file formats as well as what each one does. This is the entry video for the beginning of that new series, and because of that it is slightly long. However, now that this one is out of the way, i will be able to focus more on the actual showing and teaching then on demonstrating things like hex.

In this video, i will be showing you how to animate objects that are controlled via dedicated chr0 animations, which is what differentiates Movable Grounds (GMOV) from Animated Objects (GMOT). The reason SSE uses these files instead of having a model for each location you would want this particular animated model, is so that you may reuse a stage element without taking up the space that would be required for duplicating the model, as each model is fairly big and will eat up filesize fast. so basically, reusable stage assets without taking up space! Smiley

<a href="http://youtu.be/GXJ9EfzQTJ0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/GXJ9EfzQTJ0</a>

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2014, 02:12:28 PM »

For editing things like stage hazards, you would want to look in the 3 most likely places depending on what you want. Those are the module, the STDT, or in some rare cases unknown files that BBox doesn't recognize.

The actual stage hitboxes can likely be found in the module, whereas STDT will be like article floating points which control smaller aspects of the level / hazards. (i.e. skyworld's platform health). You can also find values similar to STDT inside the section[4] in any stage module.

In regards to this thread, i've 100% completed GSND files in bbox. You can now edit every known aspect, and right click->add new entry Smiley
    thank you for telling me. I want to edit Spear Pillars Hazards. I want to change Cresselia's Hazards to Dialga & Palkia's Hazards so that I can apply it to STGTENGAN_3 for my Giratina's Spear Pillar Hack.

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: August 02, 2014, 05:33:41 PM »

do u know what SCLA files r for?

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: August 08, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »

Question, how would one be able to change character encounters?
    (AKA Mario VS. Kirby in the first level)

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: August 24, 2014, 11:37:39 PM »

Unfortunately, i haven't quite figured that out yet. Incidentally, the file that Dantarion asked for a few is the one responsible for generating fighters.

In regards to general progress, i've got a stockpile of some files and formats waiting to be uploaded AND i've looked a bit into the way that sora_Adv_stage.rel loads up the files. I'll have specifics about the methods and constructor functions later, however for now i'll go ahead and say that we might really not have to work that hard at all to get these stage elements into standard versus stages Wink

Each file has it's own methods and object, and is relatively straight forward. As it turns out, alot of the base functions are called from sora_melee itself. (speaking of which, i've found that the method for the SSE file grAdventureMoveGround or GMOV is actually contained in sora_melee. The sora_adv_stage.rel actually just calls it) this explains alot, especially how sora_melee handles moving platforms without the need for these files Tongue sora_adv_stage.rel just reads the data from a file and passes the data to it.

My main goal at the moment is to patch a stage module with these methods and see if i can get the stage to load up these files and stage elements Tongue

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #98 on: August 25, 2014, 02:59:38 AM »

Unfortunately, i haven't quite figured that out yet. Incidentally, the file that Dantarion asked for a few is the one responsible for generating fighters.

In regards to general progress, i've got a stockpile of some files and formats waiting to be uploaded AND i've looked a bit into the way that sora_Adv_stage.rel loads up the files. I'll have specifics about the methods and constructor functions later, however for now i'll go ahead and say that we might really not have to work that hard at all to get these stage elements into standard versus stages Wink

Each file has it's own methods and object, and is relatively straight forward. As it turns out, alot of the base functions are called from sora_melee itself. (speaking of which, i've found that the method for the SSE file grAdventureMoveGround or GMOV is actually contained in sora_melee. The sora_adv_stage.rel actually just calls it) this explains alot, especially how sora_melee handles moving platforms without the need for these files Tongue sora_adv_stage.rel just reads the data from a file and passes the data to it.

My main goal at the moment is to patch a stage module with these methods and see if i can get the stage to load up these files and stage elements Tongue
    so all the SSE stuff get loaded from Sora_Melee directly while Adv_Sora_melee is like a gateway to it? interesting

can help you test out the SSE stage loading stuff in a normal stage, did exprement with it before but with no result

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: August 25, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »

Well not quite. The only objects that i have found so far in sora_melee are as follows.

Code:
    grAdventureMoveGround
    grAdventureMotionGround
    grGimmickAdvSpring

ftStatusUniqProcessAdvFollow

stLoaderStageAdventureCommon
    stLoaderStageAdventure
    stLoaderCommonSeAdventure
    stLoaderStageSeAdventure
    stLoaderInfoAdventure
    stLoaderLocalAdventure

stOperatorFighterRebirthAdventure
    stOperatorRuleAdventure
    StOperatorInfoAdventure
    stOperatorAdvBgm

muAdvSealTask
    muAdvSealWinNoticeSeal
    muAdvSealWinNotice

Of those, i know the first two are directly connected to two files. The others i've come to find are located in sora_adv_stage.rel. However i have found that there are lists of every known file's "magic number", "Header magic" whatever you'd like to call them. It also seems that the method for loading up the .pacs file resources are indeed in sora_melee.rel..or at least thats how it looks for now. It would require testing to find out, but if it is then it should be really easy to have individual stage modules call those common methods in sora_melee in combination with patching the stage module with the individual file methods Smiley Making for minimal modifications. In turn, if this worked out, we could release a set of stage modules that are "Unlocked" or "expanded" that allow the use of the common stage assets or "gimmicks" as the game calls them

I haven't really dove into the modules all that far yet, especially not enough to find the constructors for important functions..but yea.
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:38:49 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: September 07, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »

You have anything ready (sorry if i'm a bit impatient  Tongue ), cause I have a story idea that I want to put to use.

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked, I just read the OP and this page. So some stage hazards can be edited right? Is it possible to swap them between stages, or are we only able to do minor edits? This is an amazing topic for a stage builder like me bt dubs!

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: September 17, 2014, 02:53:01 AM »

Poked around in sora_enemy.rel a bit and found what method loads the enemy ID for spawning. (method[1][0]. It's just a li r4, X command where X is the decimal representation of the ID)

In any case, this will be useful for spawning enemies later on, so here is an ALMOST complete list that includes bosses. (Freezes when killed outside boss rooms)

Code:
    -0x00 Kuribo
    -0x01 Popperam
    -0x02 Pochi
    -0x03 Jyakeel
    -0x04 Aroaros
    -0x05 Cymal
    -0x06 Deathpod
    -0x07 Boobas
    -0x08 Dekakuribo
    -0x09 Botron
    -0x0A Bucyulus
    -0x0b Gyraan
    -0x0c Siralamos
    -0x0d Killer
    -0x0e Roada
    -0x0F Spar
    -0x10 Mite
    -0x11 Teckin
    -0x12 Tautau
    -0x13 Hammerbros
    -0x14 Bitan
    -0x15 Flows
    -0x16 Kokkon
    -0x17 Prim
    -0x18 Shelly
    -0x19 Patapata
    -0x1A Jdus
    -0x1B Bombhead
    -0x1D Ngagog
    -0x1E Faulong
    -0x24 Ghamgha
    -0x25 Robobeam
    -0x26 Robodistance
    -0x27 Robohoming
    -0x28 Robopunch
    -0x29 Cataguard
    -0x2A Arman
    -0x2B Galfire
    -0x2E Bosspackun
    -0x2F Ghamghabase
    -0x33 Galleom
    -0x34 Ridley
    -0x35 Rayquaza
    -0x36 Duon
    -0x37 Porky
    -0x38 Metaridly
    -0x39 Falconflyer
    -0x3A Taboo
    -0x3B Masterhand
    -0x3C Crazyhand

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: September 17, 2014, 09:09:12 AM »

You never cease to amaze me. Well, you and all other developers. I would love to offer my help, but alas I'm only capable of supporting you guys with words.
    Was that to much flattery, I think it was. So I'll end with what do you mean by "later on"?

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »

So... What you're saying is... We might be able to generate bosses on regular stages?

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8
    Print
    Jump to: