Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Which area/arena would you prefer?
Abandoned Mine - 0 (0%)
Alchemy Laboratory - 4 (30.8%)
Castle Entrance - 0 (0%)
Castle Keep - 1 (7.7%)
Catacombs - 0 (0%)
Clock Tower - 3 (23.1%)
Coeum - 0 (0%)
Long Library - 1 (7.7%)
Marble Gallery - 1 (7.7%)
Olrox's Quarters - 0 (0%)
Outer Wall - 0 (0%)
Royal Chapel - 1 (7.7%)
Underground Caverns - 1 (7.7%)
Cursed Prison (Saturn) - 0 (0%)
Underground Garden (Saturn) - 0 (0%)
Other (Please explain) - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which Castlevania SoTN area should i make?  (Read 10897 times)
kiro
Mega Kitten

Mah boi! Blood is what true vampires strive for!

• Awards Featured Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: March 22, 2014, 04:58:51 PM »

I have been pouring my heart and soul into this next hack pack I'm working on. And as a Pièce de résistance I'm making a 3D representation of one of the stage's areas/arenas.

I need your guys' opinions on which one i should create.

Go here for a list of all the areas and look through them if you can't remember the name of the area but you know what it looks like.

Choose your destiny...

Edit 6/8/2014:

I haven't abandoned the project. I'm still working on the characters first, but I only have to touch up the rigging on Succubus, create Shaft (don't know who to put him over),  and finish Richter's FS.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:28:51 PM by kiro » Logged

Notshane
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 11:32:06 PM »

I personally would prefer any stage that featured these two songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTNXorXNgG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wyxpXx-Ok

kiro
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:26:25 PM »

I personally would prefer any stage that featured these two songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTNXorXNgG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wyxpXx-Ok
    Tghat would be the Castel entrance for the first song and the Underground Caverns for the seconds.

Notshane
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 01:16:52 AM »

They sound great all the same Smiley SotN was truly the best in music, no other game could match it afterwards. But all the games before it were sure as hell just as flawless, and the SotN was the pinnacle of it all.

And if you're working on Richter, you should maybe look into Maria as she appeared in the Saturn version, if not Rondo of Blood. She'd be an interesting support character to aid Richter as another fighter, rather than an assist, mostly because she is playable in both her kid and adult forms in two Castlevania games that are coincidentally linked (only Japanese versions of both games allow her to be played, however) or if you were skilled enough, use her kid version (Rondo of Blood) as the main character, but make her final smash transform her into her adult version (Symphony of the Night) that has magic-based moves and styles as she did in the Saturn version of SotN. It'd easily be the most impressive Brawl hack if that could be accomplished, but making another moveset would be complicated so if all else fails there you'd have to just make all her move animations similar to her non-transformed self, but replace the animals with magic.

Though it seems like you're nearly finished with the hack you're working on, and didn't mention Maria in itso perhaps she could just be another project since I made her sound really complicated. Either way, it'd be sick.

kiro
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 01:50:11 PM »

They sound great all the same Smiley SotN was truly the best in music, no other game could match it afterwards. But all the games before it were sure as hell just as flawless, and the SotN was the pinnacle of it all.

And if you're working on Richter, you should maybe look into Maria as she appeared in the Saturn version, if not Rondo of Blood. She'd be an interesting support character to aid Richter as another fighter, rather than an assist, mostly because she is playable in both her kid and adult forms in two Castlevania games that are coincidentally linked (only Japanese versions of both games allow her to be played, however) or if you were skilled enough, use her kid version (Rondo of Blood) as the main character, but make her final smash transform her into her adult version (Symphony of the Night) that has magic-based moves and styles as she did in the Saturn version of SotN. It'd easily be the most impressive Brawl hack if that could be accomplished, but making another moveset would be complicated so if all else fails there you'd have to just make all her move animations similar to her non-transformed self, but replace the animals with magic.

Though it seems like you're nearly finished with the hack you're working on, and didn't mention Maria in itso perhaps she could just be another project since I made her sound really complicated. Either way, it'd be sick.

Funny you should mention Maria, cause I already finished her, Alucard, Richter, Dracula, Death, I'm nearly done with Succubus, and I just started work on Shaft. I'm also trying to make a final smash for RIchter, since he's over Captain Falcon, I'm replacing the Blue Falcon with the carriage and horses from Dracula X Chronicles. I'm also upgrading the textures for the carriage so it doesn't look like crap Tongue

All in all, it's been a massive undertaking. You can actually find their release teasers at my deviantart page. here's a link for ease: my deviantArt

Granfalloon
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 01:20:39 PM »

Wish I had seen this thread sooner! I'm dying for more Castlevania content in smash!!

I ended up voting the Other option but I meant to pick Castle Keep, a stage of Dracula's Quarters would be great, although I don't like the idea of a walk-off stage. They're my least favorite types of stages... Maybe something like a mix of the classic Rondo/SoTN Dracula's room that turns into the Dracula X(SNES) version that erodes with pits you could fall through.

Maybe you could use Castle Seige for something like this? Also your SoTN imports are looking great! Alucard especially looks good, Richter looks a bit rough but I'm seriously hyped for all of them!!

kiro
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »

Wish I had seen this thread sooner! I'm dying for more Castlevania content in smash!!

I ended up voting the Other option but I meant to pick Castle Keep, a stage of Dracula's Quarters would be great, although I don't like the idea of a walk-off stage. They're my least favorite types of stages... Maybe something like a mix of the classic Rondo/SoTN Dracula's room that turns into the Dracula X(SNES) version that erodes with pits you could fall through.

Maybe you could use Castle Seige for something like this? Also your SoTN imports are looking great! Alucard especially looks good, Richter looks a bit rough but I'm seriously hyped for all of them!!

Sorry for the REALLY late reply, the site is blocked at my college and I haven't had a chance to hook up my PC again until now.

I'm with ya on my Richter though, but I can't find another model with the right face or hair style. I've looked EVERYWHERE. unless you know of a model that would work really well. I still need to finish Succubus and Shaft before I can start working on the stage though.

Granfalloon
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »

Sorry for the REALLY late reply, the site is blocked at my college and I haven't had a chance to hook up my PC again until now.

I'm with ya on my Richter though, but I can't find another model with the right face or hair style. I've looked EVERYWHERE. unless you know of a model that would work really well. I still need to finish Succubus and Shaft before I can start working on the stage though.

No worries on the reply, I'm always lurking these threads! :p
    For Richter, it's not his SoTN attire unfortunately but this model is probably the best I've seen for a 3D Richter http://jiggeh.deviantart.com/art/Richter-Belmondo-282339616?q=gallery%3AJiggeh%2F4183919&qo=193 It's in his Rondo outfit as you can see which I still think technically fits the rest of the cast as he did wear it during his playable portions and boss encounter in SoTN!

The creator seems pretty active too, I wonder if he would allow you to use the model?

kiro
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:45:47 PM »

No worries on the reply, I'm always lurking these threads! :p
    For Richter, it's not his SoTN attire unfortunately but this model is probably the best I've seen for a 3D Richter http://jiggeh.deviantart.com/art/Richter-Belmondo-282339616?q=gallery%3AJiggeh%2F4183919&qo=193 It's in his Rondo outfit as you can see which I still think technically fits the rest of the cast as he did wear it during his playable portions and boss encounter in SoTN!

The creator seems pretty active too, I wonder if he would allow you to use the model?

Hmm I might use parts of it, but I was kinda going for the look from his artwork and sprites from later in the game.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: