Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: Project M Unbound (Beta 2 Is Out)  (Read 86705 times)
Garry Moore™
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »

I know some want the alloys and all, but why? They have the movesets of the other characters. If its just for the sake of having them, for two of them, couldn't you just have a model import over Mario & Jigglypuff and make them EX slots?

If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

skieth
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2014, 12:44:42 AM »

Great job on this project; my friends and I have really enjoyed playing it. I hope you keep the quality of the new Chars Up; I'm sure there's a great temptation to just shove a bunch of vault PSAs in to boost count.

That said, if you are trying to boost character count, I have an interesting idea. As I understand it, the inability to add new sound effects is stopping us from adding a ton of new characters. With that in mind, I propose adding Shiek and Zelda with new down B's as two new characters.

Since separating those two is so heavily debated, it would be interesting to test out the best of both worlds. You can do the same thing with Pokemon Trainer, granted no one really liked the stamina mechanic.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm about to be all over that new beta release

Garry Moore™
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »

Great job on this project; my friends and I have really enjoyed playing it. I hope you keep the quality of the new Chars Up; I'm sure there's a great temptation to just shove a bunch of vault PSAs in to boost count.

That said, if you are trying to boost character count, I have an interesting idea. As I understand it, the inability to add new sound effects is stopping us from adding a ton of new characters. With that in mind, I propose adding Shiek and Zelda with new down B's as two new characters.

Since separating those two is so heavily debated, it would be interesting to test out the best of both worlds. You can do the same thing with Pokemon Trainer, granted no one really liked the stamina mechanic.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm about to be all over that new beta release

This post reminds me; Why exactly can't we add sound effects yet? Code conflicts or something?

skieth
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »

Vanguard from the PMBR said, "BrawlEX is not 'feature complete' yet. Aside from the fact that it wasn't compatible with the heavily modded code and fileset that is Project M out of the gate, it didn't support cloning certain things like soundbanks; essential to crafting the polished experience we want to deliver."

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2645f1/how_brawlex_can_have_100_new_characters_yet_the/

I assume it has to do with Brawl getting upset if the filesize is changed. I'm sure we'll circumvent this problem sooner or later.

arnypalmy
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »

Vanguard from the PMBR said, "BrawlEX is not 'feature complete' yet. Aside from the fact that it wasn't compatible with the heavily modded code and fileset that is Project M out of the gate, it didn't support cloning certain things like soundbanks; essential to crafting the polished experience we want to deliver."

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2645f1/how_brawlex_can_have_100_new_characters_yet_the/

I assume it has to do with Brawl getting upset if the filesize is changed. I'm sure we'll circumvent this problem sooner or later.

Interestingly enough though, Project M put in sounds for Mewtwo and Roy the same way you can in BrawlEx; you can replace the soundbacks for Boss characters and load them for the clones. I suppose they figured that since BrawlEx didn't have a way of ADDING sounds as opposed to replacing them, it isn't worth using Ex over the clone engine they already use.

KarefyrmSix
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2014, 05:10:16 AM »

i was just play this and i really like its. ive play with that marth girl clone uhm luican or something like that (cant remember at the moment) and the quality wasnt as good as it was in this hack. what characters are yall working on or is this not an active thing anymore?

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: June 05, 2014, 05:13:46 AM »

i was just play this and i really like its. ive play with that marth girl clone uhm luican or something like that (cant remember at the moment) and the quality wasnt as good as it was in this hack. what characters are yall working on or is this not an active thing anymore?
    Lucina was done by crazyhandmasterhand, there's a newer version of her coming up, though.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: June 05, 2014, 05:27:59 AM »

well it is amazing, all the characters there are

I really like sword-play characters Tongue

Post Merge: June 05, 2014, 05:32:25 AM
    Oh btw do any CSS Expansions work with this?
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:32:25 AM by Kerafyrm Six » Logged

brawluver135
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: June 08, 2014, 02:55:51 AM »

ho the heck do I get this to load? Anytime I scroll over the mickey icons the game freezes up...where are the new characters?

Garry Moore™
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: June 08, 2014, 07:39:48 AM »

ho the heck do I get this to load? Anytime I scroll over the mickey icons the game freezes up...where are the new characters?

Are you using this on Dolphin or a Wii? I had this issue on Dolphin until I changed the Hook Type around in Gecko.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: June 15, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »

Also I have a request for an alternate codeset. I use my own custom build, and would like to use Project M movesets. However, some movesets are buggy without the codes to go with them. I think it would be a good idea to release a GCT with only the codes that make the movesets work properly, and allow people to use the GCT fusionizer to combine their custom pack with this one.
    Now for that GCT would you want it to have both the Project M movesets and mechanics, or just Project M movesets with vBrawl mechanics? Because I am pretty sure that different codes are used to edit the movesets compared to the mechanics.

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: June 18, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »

Play Tester

What region do you live in? - I live in the U.S., up north.
    Do you play Smash with others or mostly with CPU’s? - Mostly others, sometimes CPU's, but even Lvl. 9's can't touch me. ^.^
    What are you running on? Nintendo Wii? Nintendo Wii U? Dolphin? - Nintendo Wii, Heavily Modified.
    How much time do you have available? - I have a lot of time, but not on the weekends.
    Can you share videos, such as streaming and/or upload youtube videos? We Want To Spread The Word! - YES, I can! My YT channel is MegaGEN50!
    Have you played hacks before? Whats your method of loading(Hacked/Hackless)? - I load Hacked. I have indeed played other hacks before.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: June 19, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »

So, Mewtwo and Roy are mute?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: June 23, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »

I have this set of codes from when I started working on this project. I don't remember what exactly is all on it, but you can give it a try. Let me know what you find out.

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: June 23, 2014, 02:49:25 PM »

I tried fusing that with my GCT and the CSS didn't even show up properly.  Thanks, though.
    Yeah I had no idea what that would do, so it's good to know that that doesn't work!
    Actually now that I think about it, I think that set had the old Custom CSS code in it that was used before the CSSRoster.dat. That would explain why that didn't work. Tongue

I managed to find out what was causing the error with a few of my characters. It was the "Character ID Fix 2.1" code. Not sure if this code is in the Project: M Unbound codeset, but the codeset I found in SmashKing64 had it.
    If my memory serves me correctly, I don't remember seeing that code in the Ubound codeset.

Have you had any trouble with clones and their air dodge? I know I have had some troubles in the past with Goku freezing after performing an air dodge.
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:50:23 PM by Pokemon Master CB » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
    Print
    Jump to: