Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Tutorial]How to fix weird BRSTMs/SFX glitches  (Read 5314 times)
Akeno/Archer
Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: April 05, 2014, 10:09:49 AM »

Have you ever had a problem with your BRSTMs or SFX in Brawl that sounds like this?

An Amature Error Led To A Big Problem (I Killed Project M's Music)

(Credit to No Go/NotAHacker for this video.)

So, to fix this kind of annoying problem, you have to save a backup of all your files (costumes, CSP stuff, SFX, stages, BRSTMs etc...), defragment or format your SD Card, and put back all your files inside your SD Card. Easy fix! Wink

But, you can also avoid this problem like stated below

Example: I wanna replace Final Destination theme (X05), but I already have it in my strm folder.

DO NOT DO THIS!!

If you see a window that looks like this, that means you tried to drag and drop your brstm while there was another one with the same name. If you click Move and replace, then it'll cause more or less the mess you saw in the video from above.

Instead, you have to delete the brstm with the same name and paste the new one.

"Et voila!" The job is done. Easy, but can save your ears from annoying SFX/BRSTMs glitches.
    « Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:13:16 AM by Gold Akeno » Logged

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »

Can we sticky this? I've been seeing more and more people making help threads about this, but none seem to read threads like this.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:47:42 AM »

Can we sticky this? I've been seeing more and more people making help threads about this, but none seem to read threads like this.
    Well... I'll ask to stick it, because there was alot of them lately. That might help those who still have issues with this.

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Cless
    Advanced Kitten

Do you know what is the DETERMINATION?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »

Have you ever had a problem with your BRSTMs or SFX in Brawl that sounds like this?

An Amature Error Led To A Big Problem (I Killed Project M's Music)
    (Credit to No Go/NotAHacker for this video.)

So, to fix this kind of annoying problem, you have to save a backup of all your files (costumes, CSP stuff, SFX, stages, BRSTMs etc...), defragment or format your SD Card, and put back all your files inside your SD Card. Easy fix! Wink

But, you can also avoid this problem like stated below

Example: I wanna replace Final Destination theme (X05), but I already have it in my strm folder.

DO NOT DO THIS!!

If you see a window that looks like this, that means you tried to drag and drop your brstm while there was another one with the same name. If you click Move and replace, then it'll cause more or less the mess you saw in the video from above.

Instead, you have to delete the brstm with the same name and paste the new one.

"Et voila!" The job is done. Easy, but can save your ears from annoying SFX/BRSTMs glitches.

OMG your French!! Tu es mon ami maintenant Cheesy

Cless Games, YouTube, SMASHING, YOUTUBE POOP and MORE!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: