Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is seen online by other people  (Read 1849 times)
Erico9001
Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 12, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »

I tried my Shulk psa hack out online and was surprised that it did not desync the wifi. Both I and other players were able to play as him. What I'm wondering is how does this work? Why did my Shulk override their Ike and not the other way around?

All hitboxes connected and everything. Some other guy got to play as Shulk too which was probably interesting for him.

So does anybody have information on what exactly is seen by the opponents online? Do they still see their own models but use my fitike.pac and fitikemotionetc.pac? If a stage has music changed do they hear the music? What about if the entire stage is changed?

I noticed that wifi did disconnect finally when one person chose sonic who turned out to be shadow, one chose olimar who turned out to be cloud, and I had Shulk.

If the answer is not known already I'm down for figuring it out, but I feel like this would be known by now.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »

Well it's rather strange. Say you have just a texture over a slot, then they'll see their original texture. Like if you have a texture over Peach's Daisy texture, you will see the hack, and they'll see Daisy. I am rather suprised you didn't get disconnected as when you use custom animations and hitboxes they are unfit for WiFi. So I have no idea what that person saw.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »

It's likely they saw a completely different match. Using PSAs, as well as models with altered bones and stages with altered collisions will cause desync. Did you notice the opponents doing anything odd? Like throwing themselves off the stage?

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »

Hmm, I suppose there was some jumping off of stages and such. However, most of the groups I got were those groups where people do practically nothing, so there could have also been people jumping off of stages for the fun of it.

I'll note that playing in matches was very different from when I spectated a match with someone using Ike (shulk). In the spectated match, it seemed as if everyone was always jumping off of the sides. It looked similar to when I saved a replay, swapped a character psa, and then watched the replay again. Just constant death.

But now I get what the "desyncs wifi" means. I had thought it means that the hack desyncs the connections between players, not that it desyncs the things that people see in the matches.

I'm going to continue testing him out and then come back with a more definitive answer, and this time I'll pay more attention to if opponents are jumping off of stages.

Post Merge: April 12, 2014, 02:07:12 PM
    Editing this with my findings-

--Match 1: One opponent has Shulk. He uses the up b twice and moves himself off of the stage, killing himself. The match disconnected then.
    --Match 2: Opponents seem to be responding to me more. However, people in this group are fighting each other intensely and seem to be falling off of edges a lot. Match disconnected halfway through even though there was only a little lag.

It's pretty clear to me now that it is desyncing.

However, there are still some questions. For instance, why does it only disconnect some of the times? When the matches make it to the end, it seems like there is less desyncing.

I've had a theory about the online play for a while, that in each match, even though it appears to everyone playing that they are player one, that there is a "true player 1." I'd thought that perhaps this "true" player one may be the one who the stage selection and item selection follows.

--Match 3: No disconnect and my stage was not picked. Group was one that does nothing though so it makes it hard for me to tell if the sonic who killed himself every so often was doing so on purpose or not. Kind of seemed like it was on purpose but tbh no idea in the end
    --Match 4: Same as last time. I'm going to try using a character that's not edited in order to establish a control.

Oops, I'll need to find a new group. For some reason I edited Marth's down smash to something that disconnected me.

--Match 5: Used diddy kong who I did nothing to. Opponent was half fighting half "fun grouping" the entire time.
    --Match 6: Was going to use Shulk but dolphin froze in the practice stage
    --Match 7: I use diddy kong but an opponent got cloud over olimar. The opponent is one of those people that seems to be afking. Everyone else fights legit but then cloud is knocked off of the stage and dies. Shortly after the game desyncs and disconnects.
    --Match 8: Group is legit. Does not fun. Played with diddy and went through with no disconnect. Trying shulk next
    --Match 9: Damn it, an opponent got Olimar (cloud) and the game desynced. I'm going to replace those files with the originals so that its back to normal and the only thing changed about the game is shulk.

alright now here we go. legit group and all

--Match 10: Use control character to establish that this gorup is legit and awesomely good at fighting
    --Match 11: Try Shulk and it desyncs but does not disconnect. After the match, however, when I hit continue I got kicked out.

Looks like it desyncs.

I'm also going to assume they don't hear my xenoblade music playing.

Post Merge: April 12, 2014, 03:14:41 PM
    Locking thread because answer has been found
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:14:42 PM by Erico9001 » Logged

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »

Sorry to bump this recently-locked thread, but I would like to give due recognition for this discovery. With extensive research and a detailed report we are now certain that yes, PSAs do indeed desync online.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:49:46 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: