Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CSP's Working for One character but game crashes when I add more.  (Read 1478 times)
teku16
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »

Hey guys so I recently got back into using the texture hacks so I clean installed them on my SD card and am having no issues getting textures. Yesterday I "made" a Kirby texture hack (I just turned the red him orange) and it worked so I decided to try making a CSP again. Guess what!? It worked! So I went and a added my 5 Lucas' texture CSP's and same with my Zelda ones, and when I press brawl it goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEpp and well I'm sure you know what that means.

So my question is, is there a certain file SIZE I cant go above? I know the CSP's are 128x160 and they are always that size. The kirby one all I did was export the stock red kirby and photoshop it to the orange, so it was probably the same filesize, but the other ones (Frostie, Vannelope, Sackboy over Lucas; and Elsa over Zelda) are probably higher file sizes. I'm not sure, I can check if that might be the issue.

Any help is appreciated!
Extra info: 1GB SD card, Gecko 1931, File Patch Code 3.5.1.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Holy crap, the stock(orange) Kirby CSP I "made" is 8.08KB and the other ones I scaled down or even the Harry Potter over Lucas CSP is AT LEAST 26KB. Is that the issue?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:30:04 AM by teku16 » Logged

Vortoxo
Advanced Kitten

Just a guy who enjoys SSB.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:14:11 PM »

Most likely the problem is your common5.pac/selcharacter.pac are too big.
The size limit for the selcharacter.pac is 3.79mb and the common5.pac file size is 11.6mb.
To reduce the size just re-encode ur csps to CMPR when you replace them.

Hope i helped!

SSB is cool.

teku16
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:41 PM »

Holy crap that was super helpful it seemed to work! I'm about to try it. File size stayed at 11.6MB when I replaced them in that format. Thanks!

Vortoxo
Advanced Kitten

Just a guy who enjoys SSB.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 03:46:18 PM »

No problem, glad to help.

SSB is cool.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: