Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MarioKart Wii  (Read 3087 times)
Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
Supreme Kitten

I fear no Evil, for I walk the path of the Gods.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 16, 2014, 01:34:10 AM »

Hi, this is most likely completely out of the blue, but. I want to get to know how to hack Mario Kart Wii.

Is there a sight like Project M where it has all the files and stuff?

I have RiiVolution downloaded but I don't get the whole zsz thing. I don't plus the file patch codes don't seem to work for me.

So if worst copmes to worst, can someone give me their hacked Mario Kart Wii so I can work off it?

Would be FanTABulous.

Brawling Moi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:31:39 AM »

Hi! First, watch this video of how to install CTGP (a Mario Kart Wii mod) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NxqAQBcjPI

When you have it installed, you can install your own tracks or other custom files by putting them on SD>mkw folder. This is a better method than the File Patch code one. The SZS is like a .rar file, there you have the model, collision and other things of a circuit.

Here you have a few tutorials to start hacking MKW: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Category:Tutorials

Hope it helped!

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:22:26 PM »

Not really, no. I basically have to do it from scratch. Which I don't know how to do. I did prohject M, because half of it, was already made. This is just... confusing. "My Stuff" How do I open SZS files? I just want to get a baby Rosalina file.

It's like... When they name things "Sonic Bike.SZS" what am I supposed to re-name it as?

This is why I want a tutorial by someone who I can talk to. Not read without any chance of asking questions.

Brawling Moi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:37:11 AM »

This is confusing, what do you really want? How to rename SZS files to make them work on MKW or?

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »

Never mind. Hacking MKWii is too confusing for me.

There is no common/2/3/4/5.pac so I can see the Systems files.
    No character folderrs, so I know which kart or model goes where.
    No track folder, so I know what track goes where.

And when I completed a Grand Prix, it froze.

Brawling Moi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:03:55 PM »

I understand, but it is really easier to hack MKW than SSBB. Maybe you don't want the CTGP way,so I'll teach you another method (Assuming that you use Riivolution):

http://rvlution.net/riivolution/images/2/20/MKWtemplate.xml Go to this page, right click>Save As> Save the XML file in the riivolution folder on your SD.

2. Create a folder called ''mkw''. Now put all your files you want to replace there (you see, you don't need to make any folders, just putting the files in that folder will make Riivolution to patch them in the game Smiley )

3. http://www.mariokartwii.com/f72/all-mkwii-file-names-list-69522.html Go to this page to rename your files properly according the character and the kart/bike you're going to replace (eg, if you are replacing ''Sonic Bike.SZS'' to Mario's Mach Bike, you will have to rename it ''ma_bike-mr.SZS'')

4. In Riivolution, go to the option ''MKW Replacement'', set it to ''Enable'' and play Wink

If you didn't understand, I'm very sorry, I'm not really good writing tutorials, but I did as best as I could. Sad

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: