Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How i change the character voices?  (Read 1146 times)
Linnom
Advanced Kitten

Bone enable master.

View Profile Awards
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:04:01 PM »

Anyone know how i change the character voices in Brawlbox? Thanks in advance.

Smash is the law!

Erico9001
Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:08:03 AM »

Hmm I use the program "Super Sawndz," but I'll check this out for you.
    Open up your smashbros_sound.brsar and locate the character's folder in snd, vc. Open it and locate the sound effect you want to change by playing the sound effects until you find it. Right click the sound effect and hit change sound (or Ctrl+W). Browse through your folders for the sound effect you are looking for and open it. I would assume that the sound effect needs to be in wav format, but since I'm unfamiliar with how bbox handles, I suppose mp3 might work. When done save the file.

You may need to lower the file size of the sound effects you are putting in to keep smashbros_sound.brsar under its max file size. For this I would suggest using audacity. Just open up the sound effect in audacity and hit ctrl+p. Look for quality settings and lower them. When you export the file it should have lower file size. I can't remember the settings I had set but I was getting like 1/3 the file size with very little difference in quality. I think the hz was set to 17500ish and the other option was at the lowest setting? Not too sure if that's exactly what I did. You may want to raise the hz a little for higher pitched sounds like those with "s" or "t" noises.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Linnom
    Advanced Kitten

Bone enable master.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »

Thanks, Erico9001! ^_^

Smash is the law!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: