Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20
Author Topic: AlGeorgeRomo: Melee Remastered Characters (UPDATE: January 25, 2016)  (Read 237515 times)
Yorch2296
Newbie Kitten

It's a secret to everybody.

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: June 07, 2014, 11:09:03 AM »

Hey, I just realized that you added a preview for Melee Sonic. The recolors looks pretty cool, seems you got based from other characters of the franchise  AWESOME 2.0!

I just have a small comment about Sonic's color (blue/default) being a bit too bright IMO. I guess maybe you went for a Sonic Heroes-ish tone, but don't you think that it would be better if you used a tone more like the one on Sonic Adventure DX/Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? You know like a darker blue.

Plus, those two games were exclusives for Gamecube, same era as Melee (I know Sonic Heroes was, too, but it was also on other consoles).

Eiji_Ar
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Starstormer Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #61 on: June 08, 2014, 12:46:11 PM »

I just have a small comment about Sonic's color (blue/default) being a bit too bright IMO. I guess maybe you went for a Sonic Heroes-ish tone, but don't you think that it would be better if you used a tone more like the one on Sonic Adventure DX/Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? You know like a darker blue.

Indeed, I used Sonic Heroes (GC version) as reference. The Sonic on the preview picture looks bright because of the lighting effect on the Green Hill stage. That's where I took the picture.
    The CSPs show the characters in their natural, unaltered form. If you want an idea of how the character actually looks like, look at the CSPs. The stages have different lighting, and there are some that I avoid, like Castle Siege, Pictochat, Halberd, and others because the lighting makes the characters look too bright. That's why I showed Roy and Ike on Pokemon Stadium 1.
    Sonic is actually much darker than he looks in the preview. Here is his texture sheet.

I admit that in the preview he has a cyan-ish tone to his fur, but again, it's a lighting effect.

RoboticCyborg
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: June 09, 2014, 08:02:10 AM »

I'm really liking your Melee textures man! I think Donkey Kong was your best one imho, because the one that I used last time was really bad. That Shadow the Hedgehog texture for looks dope compared to the ones made for Sonic. I can't wait to get a closer look at it when your finished! Cheesy

Smash John
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: June 15, 2014, 02:33:22 AM »

i can't wait for the full build once you've finished this project :3 i can already tell it's gonna be pretty. i like that flying mario is on the list now d: he was actually gonna suggest that one. do you think we could give luigi the same love and get him an ice and flying outfit too?

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: June 15, 2014, 05:07:04 AM »

"I'm not sure if I should do this, though. The SNES costume looks like the GCN costume, but inverted. I had no ideas for the yellow and green recolors, either. I'm going to ask you guys. Should I make these the official recolors for Melee R.O.B. Remastered? Or should this just be a separate pack altogether? It's up to you."

You could make the N64 R.O.B. green like it is on the logo for the N64 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/Nintendo_64_Logo.svg), then replace the black one with a Wii (or Wii U if you want to keep it black) styled costume. If you don't like the GCN having the same color arms as the SNES R.O.B.'s body, make them more gray, maybe closer to NES R.O.B.'s body color. As for the yellow color, you could base it off of the Color TV Game.
    (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kh3ICU-lfZE/TaA5cI9epVI/AAAAAAAAAjM/wrLRKzFyu78/s1600/tv_game_6_beforemario_dot_com_13.JPG)
    (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iwbjZ6_HgvI/TaA5SZjGMfI/AAAAAAAAAic/UEY3hBZyHWg/s1600/tv_game_6_beforemario_dot_com_05.jpg)

Ironically, I made a version of Brawl R.O.B.'s yellow color once that was identical to vBrawl yellow R.O.B., just with the label on the base swapped with the Color TV Game logo.

I like the console idea, but I think you should also release Brawl R.O.B.'s blue, yellow (assuming you don't have a replacement) and pink colors in the pack as well.

Just some suggestions to help you with R.O.B.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: June 16, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »

You're stuff is great sir! Keep at it, I wanna see how better you could possibly become!

Yorch2296
    Newbie Kitten

It's a secret to everybody.

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: June 17, 2014, 10:58:48 AM »

Just a small observation about Flying Mario, his shoes are also red:

TheIcarus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: June 17, 2014, 07:41:18 PM »

Just a suggestion for Charizard I think instead of doing a black recolor (since his shiny is already black) I think you should do a white recolor, since that would look really sick.

andalsoandy
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: June 25, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

Definitely pick the original Ash design (the leftmost one.) It's the most iconic even if it's not the most blue.

HeartlessSeph
    Expert Kitten

The Subpar Jack of All Trades

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: June 25, 2014, 08:40:36 PM »

Um, for the Color scheme of the Pokemon trainer, the first picture on that google search you did would be his official artwork of his original game and the third picture is his official design in the origins remake I think. Maybe you can make recolors of both of those, just a thought.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »

You just don't stop getting better. I love your progress and the neatness of your thread's OP. I love the retro render style of the Pokemon (if that was what you were aiming for).

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2014, 11:51:02 AM »

Quickie about bandana Jiggly:
    Is that one costume-exclusive (FitPurin02) or can I put it on, say, FitPurin04?

Da Man
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #72 on: June 26, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »

I'd love to see a Ash recolor but it would be a lil awkward because of Ivysaur honestly, a pokemon he never had in the anime.

Layell
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Featured >9000 Star Hacker Diamond in the Rough

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: June 26, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »

This is the classic Pokemon Trainer design: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/53/Red_Green_Red.png

However his costume in Brawl is the FireRed Leaf Green games, and I honestly prefer it. Ash ought to be a bonus costume since it's the show and all, although I guess since Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is a game and he's in it that wouldn't be too big of a deal. I don't even play Brawl version any more though so take my opinion for that.

Did you make any final decisions for the bonus PM costumes? Because Charizard/Squirtles red/blue team outfit is their default while Ivysaurs green team is the shiny costume. PM purple would be rather cool (I never liked that PM had black, grey, blue and cyan Charizard).

Also if you go with Ash the leftmost one is his original and most classic design, use that.
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:52:02 PM by Layell » Logged

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2014, 09:01:28 AM »

Red's color scheme in 2001 was red jacket, white sleeves and black hair. So if you are going by what they would have looked like back then, it would be that.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20
    Print
    Jump to: