Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635848 times)
DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #480 on: January 29, 2015, 05:57:01 PM »

its actually still there... u just have that setting turned off during importing.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #481 on: January 29, 2015, 08:42:23 PM »

Hello, unfortunately, it's not possible to edit the 9stars.brsar File from Mario Party 9. I always get the Error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when trying to save the changes. Any ideas?

is there a details button on the error window

forgot to mention this awhile ago, the color folder for models are no longer there. just asking cause it was there for all other versions of BB, but seems to be absent now.

That's normal.

I removed color nodes from being default to save file space and ease GPU load in-game. It takes up way more file space being there with only one color entry than not.

Having a color node for all objects means that the color entries are stored PER FACEPOINT for those objects, which means there's one extra byte per point of every triangle/tristrip.

For example, if your model has 1,000 faces (no tristrips for the sake of the example), that's 3,000 total points (3 per triangle), so that means there's a 3,000 extra bytes that are referring to the exact same color value.

That's redundant and unnecessary, so instead of storing it like that per vertex, I store it via register in each material's "Material Color" value under Light Channel 1 by default. This way the game reads it as "apply this color to the whole object this material is applied to".

its actually still there... u just have that setting turned off during importing.

Just because that's how it used to be doesn't mean you should do it still. It's not efficient.
    The only reason you should have color nodes is if you need to apply different colors to individual vertices.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #482 on: January 29, 2015, 08:48:05 PM »

Just because that's how it used to be doesn't mean you should do it still. It's not efficient.
    The only reason you should have color nodes is if you need to apply different colors to individual vertices.
    hmm i see.. well i mostly need em for my stages anyways, not characters :v

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #483 on: January 29, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »

That's normal.

I removed color nodes from being default to save file space and ease GPU load in-game. It takes up way more file space being there with only one color entry than not.

Having a color node for all objects means that the color entries are stored PER FACEPOINT for those objects, which means there's one extra byte per point of every triangle/tristrip.

For example, if your model has 1,000 faces (no tristrips for the sake of the example), that's 3,000 total points (3 per triangle), so that means there's a 3,000 extra bytes that are referring to the exact same color value.

That's redundant and unnecessary, so instead of storing it like that per vertex, I store it via register in each material's "Material Color" value under Light Channel 1 by default. This way the game reads it as "apply this color to the whole object this material is applied to".
    alright, was just checking cause it was there in the other versions and then it wasn't. thanks

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

Dominic
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #484 on: January 31, 2015, 12:03:41 AM »

is there a details button on the error window

No, unfortunately not. I've talked to other people having the same problem, so it's not caused on my end... :/

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #485 on: January 31, 2015, 12:25:16 AM »

No, unfortunately not. I've talked to other people having the same problem, so it's not caused on my end... :/

What specific changes are you trying to make? You'll have to send me the RSAR so I can debug it, too. I don't work for free anymore but if the bug fix is simple enough I'll fix it for free.

Dominic
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #486 on: January 31, 2015, 08:03:19 AM »

What specific changes are you trying to make? You'll have to send me the RSAR so I can debug it, too. I don't work for free anymore but if the bug fix is simple enough I'll fix it for free.

Well, if it's too complicated, we'd rather leave it as it is, it's not that important I guess.

Basically I just want to edit Voices/Sound effects like in Mario Kart Wii, Brawl etc., where it works fine. For example, selecting a RBNK, and editing one of the Wav's included. Replacing them works fine, just saving the .brsar doesn't work.

By the way, I found an exception text from using an older version (Brawl Box 0.71):

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at BrawlLib.Wii.Audio.RSARConverter.CalculateSize(RSAREntryList entries, RSARNode node)
    at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.RSARNode.OnCalculateS ize(Boolean force)
    at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(Boolean force)
    at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Merge(Boolean forceBuild)
    at BrawlBox.Program.Save()
    at BrawlBox.MainForm.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInter active(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow. OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow. WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

When using v0.74b, it just says the text I posted earlier without a Details tab.
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:05:41 AM by Dominic » Logged

Kurausukun
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #487 on: February 01, 2015, 02:38:20 AM »

Whenever I try to save my Brawl .bsrar after some editing, BrawlBox crashes. This seems to be new to .74b because it never happened it .73b... I'm not even making any serious edits, just changing some values for volume. Anyway, I'd appreciate some help with this.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #488 on: February 01, 2015, 06:47:39 PM »

BJ, sorry to be a pest, but did you ever figure out why my model didn't work?

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #489 on: February 01, 2015, 08:42:15 PM »

is the newest brawlbox win8 only or something? im in win 7 and everytime I try to open it, it never runs

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #490 on: February 02, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »

is the newest brawlbox win8 only or something? im in win 7 and everytime I try to open it, it never runs

It never runs? sounds like outdated .net framework or something. The real deal is that we upgraded the .net framework that bbox uses to 4.5, (which makes XP unsupported.) If you can't open in win7, that's the only thing i can think of at the moment that would cause it.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #491 on: February 02, 2015, 12:28:49 PM »

Ok, so saving the RSAR isn't working anymore. I'll take a look at it.
    Also, don't bother reporting bugs if you're not using the most recent version. We make changes and fixes to all sorts of random stuff in every update.

BJ, sorry to be a pest, but did you ever figure out why my model didn't work?

Oh yeah, I fixed all the bugs, thanks. I forgot to tell you.
    It imports fine now but the model itself needs some fixes.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #492 on: February 02, 2015, 01:25:12 PM »

Oh yeah, I fixed all the bugs, thanks. I forgot to tell you.
    It imports fine now but the model itself needs some fixes.

....hmmmmm, k. Looks like I'll have to break her apart and lose her rig after all.

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #493 on: February 05, 2015, 05:03:01 PM »

Blackjax, not to be a pest but I was thinking if it is possible to import .omo Animation to convert it to .chr0 & import .bin lighting to convert it to .scn0 so that we can use them for our stages?

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

Nova the Fairy Chinchilla
    Advanced Kitten

"Stupid Abobo! I am not food!"

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #494 on: February 11, 2015, 11:53:46 PM »

When I try to open Brawlbox, the message says "Brawlbox is not a valid win32 application". Is there a 32-bit version of Brawlbox in there?

I love to singa
    About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a
    I love to singa
    About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a...
    WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?

"You Idiot!, That was a piece a scared piece of the Triforce!, not a pie-force!, you're so stupid Abobo!" - Zelda from Abobo's Big Adventure

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: