Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635918 times)
DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #525 on: February 16, 2015, 12:08:59 AM »

I'll try!

Post Merge: February 15, 2015, 10:34:34 PM
    I may try, but look here
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-from-windows-vista-xp-tutorial
    well ur in [censored] luck then... unless u want to backup all of ur data

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #526 on: February 17, 2015, 08:31:41 PM »

hey, does anyone (excluding BlackJax) know the last version of Brbx that exported DAE 1.4.1??

because this: https://github.com/pycollada/pycollada
    (I'm using this with UMC and need to test an import)

thanks

DAE 1.5.0:
    Code:
    importing FitPikachu00.dae 100%
    Converting from import format...
    []
    Verifying data...
    Finalizing...
    Updating Viewer

so Pikachu has 0 meshes as displayed

you can thank the dumb who wanted 1.5.0 support for whatever.
    (you won't be able to import in UMC for a while)

EDIT:
    or you can hound on the pycollada devs for 1.5.0 support XD
    but that's only if you really want it :3
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:35:54 PM by DarkPikachu » Logged

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #527 on: February 18, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »

Thats something many Knew since bj did state that he did update the DAE a while ago

Stupid Tinypic :C

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #528 on: February 18, 2015, 01:02:53 PM »

Thats something many Knew since bj did state that he did update the DAE a while ago

well I wasn't one of them... lol

v068d exports fine, but you need to edit the namespace to use the 1.4 schema:
    Code:
    <COLLADA version="1.4.1" xmlns="http://www.collada.org/2005/11/COLLADASchema">

1.5: http://www.collada.org/2008/03/COLLADASchema (exported by v0.68d)
    1.4: http://www.collada.org/2005/11/COLLADASchema

I still would like to know if there's a higher version that possibly exports a better 1.4.1 DAE
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:03:55 PM by DarkPikachu » Logged

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Nova the Fairy Chinchilla
    Advanced Kitten

"Stupid Abobo! I am not food!"

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #529 on: February 19, 2015, 06:34:57 PM »

well ur in [censored] luck then... unless u want to backup all of ur data

I also have no money, so I am very unlucky!

Bad things happens, unless you want to make a 32-bit version of Brawlbox.

I love to singa
    About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a
    I love to singa
    About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a...
    WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?

"You Idiot!, That was a piece a scared piece of the Triforce!, not a pie-force!, you're so stupid Abobo!" - Zelda from Abobo's Big Adventure

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #530 on: February 19, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »

I can't. The Windows XP won't update no more.
    Oh, you should've mentioned your OS. Microsoft dropped support for XP, and in order to implement the new updater we had to as well. You need to upgrade.
    this ^

either upgrade to Vista, 7, or 8/8.1.. those r still supported by Microsoft.
    I'm sick of this garbage.
    anything above XP sucks, and I DON'T test my developments on anything newer than XP.
    (I know too much about MS's BS garbage to do so, and am utterly sick of it)

either stick with XP or get linux because you're literally not safer on anything newer.
    (MS-RAT or not, anything newer has lower security, especially if it's supplied by MS)

no joke, you're safer sticking to XP.
    F MS support.
    if you use XP, use Comodo AV which offers the best free protection I know of (better than Avast).
    and for your browser, use Comodo Dragon (safer than Chromium which is the safest browser).
    make sure to install blockers for ads, trackers, JS, images, and other stuff...
    I use these: (yes, these are all free)
    -AdBlock
    -AdBlock Plus
    -AdBlock Pro
    -AdGuard
    -PrivDog (Dragon only)
    -Ghostery
    -Diconnect
    -AVG Do Not Track
    -Avast (reports infected sites)
    -Netcraft
    and for information on untrusted links:
    -Web of Trust

no more trash, MS doesn't deserve the credit for the crap they're shoveling out.
    (MS doesn't care about their users, they care about the money they make from them, and thus shovel out complete crap to do so.)

if you want to get linux, if you don't want to go in too deep, get Zorin, but if you want more customizability, get Xubuntu. Wink

EDIT:
    btw, if you want to speed up chrome/chromium/dragon, disable some of google's sync services such as passwords and history.
    (passwords don't work anyways between compys or sessions, so no big deal there) Tongue

EDIT2:
    I also have no money, so I am very unlucky!

Bad things happens, unless you want to make a 32-bit version of Brawlbox.

why is this even an issue??
    @devs: why aren't we testing with x86 and then releasing with x64??
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:49:25 PM by DarkPikachu » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #531 on: February 19, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »

Can we stop talking about updating computers and talk more about BrawlBox?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #532 on: February 19, 2015, 08:51:12 PM »

I'll just see if I can find an alternative to the "await" and "async" keywords in a later release, those are the only things we need .NET 4.5.1 for in the BrawlBox application anyway. That won't fix the updater, but at least you'll be able to use BrawlBox itself.
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:00:07 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #533 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »

Can we stop talking about updating computers and talk more about BrawlBox?
    +1

yes, I freakin agree!
    I'm sick of blowing my brains out over this trash.
    it's MS's fault people need to get smart or throw their computers away.
    (not joking, that's literally the only good Win7 and up is good for is filling up your trash bin with a broken computer)

at least I'm here to keep people from throwing out their compys.
    stick with XP or linux, and you won't have a headache to deal with later on!

getting back to BrawlBox now, I take it nobody knows which version last supported DAE 1.4.1??

EDIT:
    I'll just see if I can find an alternative to the "await" keyword in a later release, that's the only thing that we need .NET 4.5.1 for in the BrawlBox application anyway. That won't fix the updater, but at least you'll be able to use BrawlBox itself.
    that's not supported by XP BJ...
    sorry but you need to use things everyone can use.

I think you'll even cause issues for linux users if you do that :/
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:58:10 PM by DarkPikachu » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #534 on: February 19, 2015, 08:59:19 PM »

getting back to BrawlBox now, I take it nobody knows which version last supported DAE 1.4.1??

v0.69, it's right there in the changelog. I'm editing it right now, so I just searched for "1.5" to find the release that included that update and then told you the release version before that. Simple stuff m8.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #535 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:05 PM »

v0.69, it's right there in the changelog. I'm editing it right now, so I just searched for "1.5" to find the release that included that update and then told you the release version before that. Simple stuff m8.
    you never told me that dude... haha
    unless I overlooked it on our skype chat, then I'll take full blame. Smiley
    (sorry if so)

I don't have skype open atm because of mother issues >3<

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #536 on: February 19, 2015, 09:27:45 PM »

Nah, only the updater won't be supported.
    I'll be able to downgrade BrawlBox itself back down to NET 4.0, which supports XP.
    BrawlLib was never upgraded, so no problems there.

also

ok mom

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #537 on: February 19, 2015, 10:18:55 PM »

Nah, only the updater won't be supported.
    I'll be able to downgrade BrawlBox itself back down to NET 4.0, which supports XP.
    BrawlLib was never upgraded, so no problems there.

Remember when i was working to try and separate the asynchronous functionality from BBox and brawllib a while ago? That was why lulz. The only issue your going to have is that you'll have to make a separate process call for the updater. I...can actually get to work on fixing that right now... why am i talking about instead of doing it..

sorry but you need to use things everyone can use. Anyways..

I would prefer we keep XP support if at all possible as well, but for the sake of not just your sanity, but the relevancy of this thread as well, lets try to keep opinions about OS's to ourselves. The only purpose it serves in this thread is to cause drama and/or derail. Also, (personally) if i absolutely have to choose between supporting XP and bringing the best possible experience to the most users, i will most certainly choose the latter. But again, if i can help it, i won't have to choose at all.

The update system is incredibly important as it stands because with all the rewrites being done, many people can't afford to monitor this thread to look for updates and such. The updater will notify everyone of new versions and allows us to pump out fixes and versions super duper fast. (it will also still reach them to update even if KC:MM is down).

That being said, that's just my opinion on the matter. Can't say much for the other devs. If you're that worried about it, you could always take it upon yourself to be the BBox "XP guru" and handle all the xp related deeds. It is open source afterall. Though i think i remember you saying in the past that you won't use / dedicate time to learning C# or something to that effect.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #538 on: February 19, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »

Remember when i was working to try and separate the asynchronous functionality from BBox and brawllib a while ago? That was why lulz. The only issue your going to have is that you'll have to make a separate process call for the updater. I...can actually get to work on fixing that right now... why am i talking about instead of doing it..
    LOL yup.
    I left you a comment in this commit, although you probably have the same idea. Tongue

I'm working on getting v0.75 out tonight btw, I think it's in a good stable spot right now and it's been a while since the last release. There are also some critical bug fixes people have been waiting for.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #539 on: February 19, 2015, 10:49:19 PM »

I'm working on getting v0.75 out tonight btw, I think it's in a good stable spot right now and it's been a while since the last release. There are also some critical bug fixes people have been waiting for.

Right. I'll see if i can get the updater working correctly to fix XP support in time! Tongue That's be pretty coolio. Oh, i may see about adding sm4sh stuff, including the moveset file stuff...but endian independent code can become..complex. We'll see Wink

Pages:  1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: