Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635825 times)
uyjulian
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #540 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:11 AM »

Can't buy Windows 8.1? Go install Debian, you can run BrawlBox via Wine. (Wine compatibility is getting better and better that I can actually use it!)

Anyway, I'll submit a pull request to make sure mcs can compile the source files properly (if there is any problems)

DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #541 on: February 20, 2015, 05:03:45 AM »

Can't buy Windows 8.1? Go install Debian, you can run BrawlBox via Wine. (Wine compatibility is getting better and better that I can actually use it!)
    indeed
    just make sure you install the latest wine and not wine 1.6 Tongue

but for the sake of not just your sanity

lol thanks, but don't worry about my sanity Wink
    I may blow my brains out over MS's stupidity, but at least I push in the right direction Smiley

If you're that worried about it, you could always take it upon yourself to be the BBox "XP guru" and handle all the xp related deeds. It is open source afterall. Though i think i remember you saying in the past that you won't use / dedicate time to learning C# or something to that effect.

only if you'll pay me back with working on these with me: Wink
    -both versions of UMC (3.0a and 3.0)
    -UMC_SIDE (a fully interactive and intuitive IDE for teaching noobs (complete non-coders) to build UMC-scripts)
    -UMCSL (my recompilation language for translating executable byte-code between machines and actual code)

yes I know UMC scripts were already designed to be easy to write, but it can only get so easy before I have to start dropping interface support to get any easier.

I already have a fully automated and interruptable state engine like OpenGL's FFP (dual-buffered in 3.0) and my own file system (with pointer support in 3.0)

so UMC_SIDE is built to take care of the learning gap with more features and better intellisense than merging VS2010 with Aptana.
    and later on, hope to implement collaborative support.
    (I'm a big fan of real-time (synced) development)

EDIT: forgot to mention this Tongue
    (personally) if i absolutely have to choose between supporting XP and bringing the best possible experience to the most users, i will most certainly choose the latter. But again, if i can help it, i won't have to choose at all.

que commercial: Why can't we have both?
    XD

hey tbh, that's one reason why I program in python.
    it's just as cross-platform as Java Wink

I hate 3rd party libraries, which is one reason I choose PyOpenGL over pyglet.
    this means even more low-end cross platform support than using something like .NET aka IronPython
    (IronPython sucks, don't ever use it)
    ^ Python already has a garbage collector, it doesn't need .NET Tongue
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:32:23 AM by DarkPikachu » Logged

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #542 on: February 20, 2015, 02:28:52 PM »

I got 1 major bug.

not sure about any other characters but after importing with the latest BB link acts up with in game animations. he looks and acts fine with the animations in BB though. got some pics of the problem

this is how he runs

this is his wait animation

when in the air he kinda looks like a ragdoll. he kicks his feet around randomly. I can send you the model if it will help solve the problem. I imported the same dae into another version of BB and did not get the same problem.

other than that problem the new BB is great, love the added viewpoints feature
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:32:19 PM by iwantgames » Logged

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #543 on: February 20, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »

Fixed, published a hotfix update

the new BB is great, love the added viewpoints feature

Thanks m80

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #544 on: February 20, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »

BJ, you are awesome. Now I can make sprites for Super Smash Bros. Feud that face both directions AT THE SAME TIME. Thanks for another feature that'll save me tons of trouble.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #545 on: February 20, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »

You're welcome! Always glad to hear BrawlBox is helping achieve new things faster.

I always have a minor heart attack every time I see a new post right after a release because I'm expecting huge bug reports lol x_x

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #546 on: February 20, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »

You're welcome! Always glad to hear BrawlBox is helping achieve new things faster.

I always have a minor heart attack every time I see a new post right after a release because I'm expecting huge bug reports lol x_x

Ah, well we're not ALL looking for bugs all the time haha (no offence bug reporters)

Question: How do you restore the scene after adding a viewport?

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #547 on: February 20, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »

yeah, I don't look for bugs. I only notice stuff if it's noticeable.

for viewpoints I just drag the viewpoint off screen. click and drag the visible line, you can still add and/or re-add after that

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #548 on: February 20, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »

Yeah you just drag it so that it's not really visible anymore and it will automatically remove it

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #549 on: February 20, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »

Now I can make sprites for Super Smash Bros. Feud

oh good lord, another 2D smash game. >3<
    well, I'll give credit if it's good at least Smiley

I wanna see something in 3D that isn't a brawl mod >3<
    lol

I just so happen to be working on something btw using pyglfw with pyopengl ;3
    I don't have a good name for it yet, but it'll have everything nintedo seems to be forgetting about that makes smash memorable and overall epic. Smiley
    (with my own twists to promote epicness with fair-play of course)
    ^ cheapness is bad and you will be punished with a lower score (can hurt your chances of winning the game)

argue with me about competitive play all you want, I wanna see tourneys promote this method Wink

basically, I'm a fan of TAS battles and I try to fight like so Smiley
    (I know what TAS means, but now actually try fighting like that and being epic while doing it)
    ^ that will get you the highest scores in my game IF you can pull it off Smiley

Smash TV Announcer: GOOD LUCK! You'll need it!

Yeah you just drag it so that it&#039;s not really visible anymore and it will automatically remove it
    oh that's interesting >.>
    may not be good though... perhapse a mark for deletion or something would be better Wink
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:34:34 PM by DarkPikachu » Logged

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #550 on: February 20, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »

oh good lord, another 2D smash game. >3<
    well, I'll give credit if it's good at least Smiley

I wanna see something in 3D that isn't a brawl mod >3<
    lol

I hope that wasn't sarcasm. Tongue Cuz you know, not everyone is able to code 3D engines. I don't know enough about them. Even the 2D stuff, I'm just picking up and applying logic and common sense. I learned it on my own time due to not being a pro game maker. I'm also tired of game engines that cost an arm and a leg.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #551 on: February 20, 2015, 06:55:22 PM »

I'm also tired of game engines that cost an arm and a leg.

I don't know about you but UE4 costs $19 and it's pretty easy to use imo
    This is off topic though, so go ahead and PM me if you want to talk about it.

Now get the back on topic, you derailers

Kurausukun
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #552 on: February 20, 2015, 07:01:30 PM »

Saving .brsar is still broken... or was that not part of the latest version? (I just updated because it checked for me, I haven't been reading the forum)

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #553 on: February 20, 2015, 07:18:19 PM »

I did not get a chance to look at BRSAR, no. Sorry about that. All the changes are listed in the changelog.

I'll post when I manage to fix it. A fix will probably be in the next update, if it's not too major (which it shouldn't be).

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #554 on: February 20, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »

I hope that wasn't sarcasm. Tongue Cuz you know, not everyone is able to code 3D engines. I don't know enough about them. Even the 2D stuff, I'm just picking up and applying logic and common sense. I learned it on my own time due to not being a pro game maker. I'm also tired of game engines that cost an arm and a leg.
    it wasn't Smiley
    I honestly dislike 2D, and tbh, 3D isn't much different from 2D Wink
    the only hard part is learning matrices and optionally integrating with GLSL.

and don't worry about learning stuff on your own, I'll be a first hand person to hijack BJ's thread and teach everyone 3D if that's what they want. :3
    lol
    (I actually have fun helping people like that)

also, screw using a game engine, seriousely :/
    it's better if you actually write your own game and structure it w/o an engine.
    but to do that, you need to understand object orientation, which can be difficult to learn :/
    I can help with that too Wink

hey I'm no pro game developer, and I learned what I know just about on my own as well.
    Ian Mallet taught me alot about OpenGL, but I've figured out more than what he's taught.
    I built my own transparent GUI widget system entirely with OpenGL's FFP not using the GL-Feedback buffer.

but yea, if you want to learn some cool tricks and such, just ask, and I'll be happy to clarify. Wink
    (unlike alot of others who would hardly teach me crap)

basic 3D programming is actually very easy.
    it's basically the same thing as placing down blocks in minecraft, except the blocks connect to each other via lines that form faces with texures Wink

Eular's system is extremely easy to understand Wink

Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: