Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635802 times)
secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #660 on: May 20, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »

I notice I'm having a problem with the shader rendering. Is there something else I need to install first to get it to work, or any hardware requirments? I'm just getting strange splotches of colour on most models: http://screenshooter.net/99992442/bnjgjpb
    These spots of colour go away when I disable the shaders.

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #661 on: May 20, 2015, 01:10:59 PM »

i'm also having problems, some parts of various models just don't show up or simply look like butchered textures, but the shaders, shines and specs actually show if possible

What exactly does this thread do?

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #662 on: May 20, 2015, 01:17:25 PM »

Might be your computers...

Falcon and Samus work fine on mine.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #663 on: May 20, 2015, 03:29:34 PM »

changelog:
    who friggin knows

;-;  i wanted to know what kind of new stuff was added or fixed D:

I'm just too lazy, I guess I'll write a changelog eventually

New additions are great, but i have one thing to complain about - you can no longer view animation for only one model (as far as i know) and you can't copy and paste bone rotations and stuff on the model outside of animations, something that is rather uncomfortable at least for me. But thats it. Oh, and models sometimes have parts missing or just somehow get behind other models even though its not how it is.

Yes you can and yes you can, just tested it myself.
    Make sure that Target Model -> Edit All is unchecked for the first one.

The third thing probably means your draw order is wrong. The draw priority of each object, whether the object is XLU or OPA, the order of files loaded, the order of materials, etc all can affect the order in which things are drawn. Everything actually matters for the display now.

I notice I'm having a problem with the shader rendering. Is there something else I need to install first to get it to work, or any hardware requirments? I'm just getting strange splotches of colour on most models: http://screenshooter.net/99992442/bnjgjpb
    These spots of colour go away when I disable the shaders.

i'm also having problems, some parts of various models just don't show up or simply look like butchered textures, but the shaders, shines and specs actually show if possible

What GPUs do you guys have?
    This *shouldn't* be a problem with your operating system.

Shaders run on the GPU (graphics card), so you might have a GPU that can't handle the generated shader code properly. I used GLSL version 120 (one of the oldest versions of OpenGL's shader language) for the most compatibility and the program does check to make sure you have the necessary drivers, so it's most likely a GPU problem. An older GPU or CPU integrated graphics (when you have no graphics card at all) would be the most likely culprit.

I can't test it right now but did you fix the vertex editor problem I mentioned?

probably

This shader thing is amazing, very well done. Thanks for putting the time into this!

no prob mang!
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:30:59 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #664 on: May 20, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »

I'm having an issue as well. BB will occasionally crash when exiting the Model viewer after opening it.

Though I could see if I have the latest NET Frameworkd or not.

But I can't thank you enough for making v0.76 come true.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
    Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #665 on: May 20, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »

I'm just too lazy, I guess I'll write a changelog eventually

Yes you can and yes you can, just tested it myself.
    Make sure that Target Model -> Edit All is unchecked for the first one.

The third thing probably means your draw order is wrong. The draw priority of each object, whether the object is XLU or OPA, the order of files loaded, the order of materials, etc all can affect the order in which things are drawn. Everything actually matters for the display now.
    It was not checked.
    How? When i try to do it, all options for Transform All can no longer be used. I can rotate each bone on its own, but that takes a while. Its been like this since v0.75. Its just fine in v0.71 and below.
    Weird. It gets messed up when i add too many objects or something. Its not always like this.

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #666 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04:44 PM »

my GPU is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series.
    I can play Portal on it :P

What exactly does this thread do?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #667 on: May 20, 2015, 04:09:45 PM »

It was not checked.
    How? When i try to do it, all options for Transform All can no longer be used. I can rotate each bone on its own, but that takes a while. Its been like this since v0.75. Its just fine in v0.71 and below.
    Weird. It gets messed up when i add too many objects or something. Its not always like this.

I believe that you can rotate/transform the TransN bone and that will rotate/translate the entire model. I know it does it with the actual polygons of the character, but I dunno if it also does it with the grabbing bones and such.

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #668 on: May 20, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »

I believe that you can rotate/transform the TransN bone and that will rotate/translate the entire model. I know it does it with the actual polygons of the character, but I dunno if it also does it with the grabbing bones and such.
    Not exactly what i meant.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #669 on: May 20, 2015, 04:35:30 PM »

Probably just my hardware then, I'm on an older laptop with AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250. Oh well aside from the weird colour splotches I can still see generally how things will look in game, so I'll just toggle it on and off and use my best judgement between the two to figure it out.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #670 on: May 20, 2015, 04:36:22 PM »

I'm having an issue as well. BB will occasionally crash when exiting the Model viewer after opening it.

I get this as well. When I unclick Edit All under Target Model, it doesn't do it anymore.

EDIT: Wait, it still does. It just hangs forever whenever I try to make other models invisible when viewing one.
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:43:35 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #671 on: May 20, 2015, 04:42:54 PM »

my GPU is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series.
    I can play Portal on it Tongue

lol I just looked it up, and Intel does specify that it has problems loading and/or rendering quite a few older games.

are you okay

That's odd. Don't have much of an idea why it would do that.

You're welcome m8

It was not checked.

I really don't know why the same code would work correctly on one computer but not another if you have the correct NET version and all that. What's your computer's specs? Do you have .NET 4.5? What exactly do you do to encounter the problem (list the steps you take to get there).

I get this as well. When I unclick Edit All under Target Model, it doesn't do it anymore.

Are the models in the same file or different files? I can open two character model files and two animation files (4 files total - use the Files manager on the right panel, use the dropdown) and Edit All unchecked works as expected.

Also I just want to point out that I'm completely done with BrawlBox now. I'm not going to fix or add anything or even look at the code anymore. I'll probably release an unstable version later with every feature I haven't finished enabled so you can try them out (a model rig editor, UV map exporter, better interpolation editor, and VERY MINOR Gamecube and Wii U support mainly), but I'm done now. I know I said I was "retired" a year ago or something so this is probably hard to believe but I really mean it now. I'm going to start asserting that declaration. :L

Out with a bang, they say.
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:45:40 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #672 on: May 20, 2015, 04:46:03 PM »

Same file. I scroll through the file's models and uncheck them as needed to view them, and once I've done that, it hangs forever when trying to exit the model viewer.

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #673 on: May 20, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »

I really don't know why the same code would work correctly on one computer but not another if you have the correct NET version and all that. What's your computer's specs? Do you have .NET 4.5? What exactly do you do to encounter the problem (list the steps you take to get there).
    ...er...its in Russian. Don't know how to translate all of the stuff that is listed there.
    Yes, i have it.
    If you mean weird viewing order, then i just load few models (depends on how complex) and one of the other models gets glitched. If you mean being unable to use Transform All buttons, then its always like this unless im previewing an animation. But when i get out of it (btw, i can't close animations loaded anymore like it was possible before), they all get disabled.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #674 on: May 20, 2015, 05:39:24 PM »

You have to use the files manager to unload external files. It's in the right panel, use the dropdown.

The transform all section is disabled without an animation selected. But if you select an animation and go to any frame INCLUDING frame 0, it isn't disabled. Which makes sense, because there's no point copying a frame state without an animation anyway.

it hangs forever when trying to exit the model viewer.

I'll upload a quick hotfix for that since it seems just a TAD BIT CRIPPLING.

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: