Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635889 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #765 on: June 04, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »

Did it work in previous versions? Because you can always use multiple versions of BrawlBox for one character. I have 3; one for texturing(My common one), one for common vertexing(I haven't released any vertexes, though, but I've vertexed one of my textures a little bit), and then another version to scale and rotate vertices.(which I used when testing my failed theory with Roy as the test subject)

It did work in previous versions, but it was still kinda finicky as to which order to load the assets.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #766 on: June 05, 2015, 08:59:12 AM »

I thought you could one-slot resize, though.

You can. That's still done through animations.

It's useless to just vertex the character if you want it bigger or smaller. They will still be bound to the rigged bones, who are all connected to the motion file (the bone animations).

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

vanhuynh16
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #767 on: June 05, 2015, 10:08:50 AM »

Hello everyone. I have a question about a Regal Model I imported over Falcon. I was successfully import it from 3ds max to brawl box. But when I import the textures for the mouth and eyes, nothing shows up. Not even the default eyes and mouth. Does it have to do with falcon and his visor in the way? Could you help anyone please? I can provide the dae model and the textures if you would like. Thank you!
    EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using v0.71 BrawlBox, and I forgot to mention I used the skin wrap method to rig the model
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:59:19 AM by vanhuynh16 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #768 on: June 05, 2015, 12:20:44 PM »

I am curious, though; if I want to import a character, and I want him to be small, how would I do that, then?(Without any fircharacternamemotionetc.pacs or fitcharactername.pacs; For example, I have Sir Lancelot[Sonic & the Black Knight] over Ike as a FitIke00.pac/FitIke00.pcs, and he has shorter range and is less tall; so there must be a way to do it without animations somehow, and maybe using the Shd model[the model that is the bone structure] or something; and yes, the Sir Lancelot that I have does not have any animation data in the .pac or the .pcs)

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #769 on: June 05, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »

I am curious, though; if I want to import a character, and I want him to be small, how would I do that, then?(Without any fircharacternamemotionetc.pacs or fitcharactername.pacs; For example, I have Sir Lancelot[Sonic & the Black Knight] over Ike as a FitIke00.pac/FitIke00.pcs, and he has shorter range and is less tall; so there must be a way to do it without animations somehow, and maybe using the Shd model[the model that is the bone structure] or something; and yes, the Sir Lancelot that I have does not have any animation data in the .pac or the .pcs)

Shd model is simply the loy-poly model of the shadow.

That, my friend, was a very smart move by Flygon. And how I would probably do it if I knew how to rig a character.

The model is rigged to an edited version of Ike's boneset, and not the original Ike's boneset. You will notice there is an specific bone used for the one-slot re-scaling. That means that, when an animation runs, every bone under that bone structure is already re-scaled, for every animation.

That is a fairly recent one slot resize technique. Usually people rig their characters to the original boneset, not an edited one... It's a really good idea, though. More people should do that.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #770 on: June 05, 2015, 01:37:45 PM »

Well that's what I'm wanting to do in the future with my model importing.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #771 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:12 AM »

Well that's what I'm wanting to do in the future with my model importing.
    Just a note, however, models with edited bonesets don't work for Project M users.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #772 on: June 06, 2015, 08:46:35 AM »

Just a note, however, models with edited bonesets don't work for Project M users.

If it's rescaled, of course not. But I'm quite sure that, in this case, due to how hit/hurtboxes work, if you keep it the proper size you should have no issues.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #773 on: June 06, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »

I play my custom skin with Project M's movesets, though, and the example skin I mentioned(Sir Lancelot from "Sonic and the Black Knight") is shorter with shorter range, and works perfectly. Probably the same way that I have my Armored Mewtwo skins over Lucario's moveset, and nothing goes wrong.(Mewtwo has slightly different bones, I believe, like his tail, for example)

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #774 on: June 07, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »

In my experience I haven't had any luck using models with altered bonesets in Project M. For example, DSX8's Ruto model (which is awesome) Doesn't work with PM because it has different bones than Zelda, however, it still is rigged over Zelda...an altered Zelda but Zelda nonetheless.
    I play my custom skin with Project M's movesets, though, and the example skin I mentioned(Sir Lancelot from "Sonic and the Black Knight") is shorter with shorter range, and works perfectly.
    The only difference between Ike's bones and the bones in Sir Lancelot's are that Flygon renamed the bone that controls Ikes teeth from "HaM" to "ADJs" and added the TransN bone tree to it. Now the reason that Sir Lance is smaller and has different range is because he is a one slot resize. If you look at the bone "ADJs" in Brawlbox you will notice that the scale is not (1.1.1) as Ike's "HaM" bone is instead it's (0.63.0.63.0.63). This is why he is smaller and most likely will work with Project M, because the bones haven't really change.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:11:45 PM by Program » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #775 on: June 07, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »

In my experience I haven't had any luck using models with altered bonesets in Project M. For example, DSX8's Ruto model (which is awesome) Doesn't work with PM because it has different bones than Zelda, however, it still is rigged over Zelda...an altered Zelda but Zelda nonetheless.

Ironically, I use that Ruto model over Zelda in PM, and it works fine. In fact, every single mod that's worked with Riivolution I've noticed works in PM, UNLESS it is larger in filesize than the original file.(e.g. my Robin recolors are larger, so they don't work with PM). I did, however, notice that SOME of the models are different sizes than in Riivolution, and some aren't and I have no clue why only some of them are when all of them are one-slot skins and not PSAs or anything.(There's even this one really weird glitch with Pokemon R/B/Y Blastoise over Squirtle that when he goes into shell form, he gets really small but his hitboxes are still as large as he is; this is only for PM, and not regular Brawl, on top of that)

The only difference between Ike's bones and the bones in Sir Lancelot's are that Flygon renamed the bone that controls Ikes teeth from "HaM" to "ADJs" and added the TransN bone tree to it. Now the reason that Sir Lance is smaller and has different range is because he is a one slot resize. If you look at the bone "ADJs" in Brawlbox you will notice that the scale is not (1.1.1) as Ike's "HaM" bone is instead it's (0.63.0.63.0.63). This is why he is smaller and most likely will work with Project M, because the bones haven't really change.

I have no clue about what this means; I don't know too much about bones, other than how to rig in Blender.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #776 on: June 07, 2015, 03:05:42 PM »

I have no clue about what this means; I don't know too much about bones, other than how to rig in Blender.
    I'm not trying to be rude honest, but I've tried that Ruto model in two separate Project M fullset builds and a Wifi and it's really glitchy. Yes the model loads, however, the hitboxes are laughably messed up.
    Did you maybe mean vBrawl? DSX8 told me it was only built to work with that.

Also, here's an explanation of my previous comment about bones.

P.S. Can we continue this conversation via PM I think we're commandeering this thread.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #777 on: June 07, 2015, 03:25:54 PM »

I don't think mine has funky hitboxes, but maybe.

And no thank you about continuing on the subject; I'll just ask for help on how to do it when I get around to needing to know how.

Program
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #778 on: June 07, 2015, 04:18:25 PM »

I don't think mine has funky hitboxes, but maybe.

And no thank you about continuing on the subject; I'll just ask for help on how to do it when I get around to needing to know how.
    If I came off as rude I wasn't trying to. I just thought if you needed anything else explained or if I could possibly help with you with something than we could continue the talking via PM instead of getting in trouble for going off topic.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #779 on: June 07, 2015, 04:21:58 PM »

You weren't rude, I'm just kinda confused, that's all.

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: