Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635971 times)
libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #870 on: December 23, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »

I wanted to ask. lately i've been using BB's code editor. Does it have a limit to what it can remember? for instance i can remember all codes in PM and open the GCT, and it still shows unknown codes even when its documented. and saving that file as a GCT seems to break some codes. its been strange. this happen to anyone else?

*ps. i also believe BB should read those codes from an external file somewhere that you can edit in a txt manager. it would be a lot easier.

How about "Options" > "Load codes to remember from file"? Seems to work for me.

Mr. AI | Sluigi123
    Expert Kitten

顔へのフーズボール!

• Awards Favorite'd Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #871 on: January 07, 2016, 08:11:03 AM »

I'm quite curious on what the SCLA is in each stage PAC file for. My guess is partially model spawning of some sorts.
    As for the Camera Parameters (STPM), I'm trying to figure out what the unknown values are for. I kind of know some of them already. (These are not 100% confirmed)

Values 18 & 19: Act as some sort of multiplier for the camera's translation speed for X and Y respectively.
    Values 20, 21, 22, & 23: It can't be all 4 of them, but (it has been about 2 years since I last checked them) 2 of the 4 has to be related with CamLimit0N and CamLimit0E as if it's a multiplier; possibly a translation restriction.
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:25:47 AM by sluigi123 » Logged

zoroarkrules25
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #872 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »

Hi, I have a quick question. Is there a help thread for this program? I need a tutorial and help on editing textures and models in this, but am having trouble finding one. ( if needed, I am trying to do the Seprioth PSA that is ranked the second highest marth hack)

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #873 on: January 09, 2016, 08:49:22 PM »

Hi, I have a quick question. Is there a help thread for this program? I need a tutorial and help on editing textures and models in this, but am having trouble finding one. ( if needed, I am trying to do the Seprioth PSA that is ranked the second highest marth hack)

For the psa its self you don't really need brawl box. however if you have images you want to add to the CSS (Character Select Screen) its pretty simple to do. 

first you need a CSS to start with, most big mods come with their own, or you can easily find one on BV. the CSS file is called the "sc_selchar.pac" this can be in 2 different locations depending on the mod.

SD/Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/menu2/sc_selchar.pac
    or
    SD/Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/common/common5.pac

Your mod should only use one of those or the game will crash, (never use both at once)

start brawlbox and open up the sc_selchar/common5 (common5 will have the sc_selchar in it along with 2 other files, but it will be the same process in both) then it depends on what image you want to replace.

for icon and names you want to go to MiscData[70]
    for CSPs you go to char_bust_tex_lz77

then you simply look for marth's files and replace them with the images you want. i recomend CSP's be imported as CMPR.

Make sure the images are the same size as the originals. or you could risk a broken image and crash the game, or it may go over the file size limits.

if you still need more help on it, there are several tutorials around in the tutorial and help sections, i recommend looking there.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #874 on: January 10, 2016, 08:08:07 AM »

It's best to just use the sc_selcharacter.pac and ditch the common5.pac, as they basically the same file, except the common5.pac includes the animation files for Charizard and I believe Squirtle. Heck, you should use the common5.pac Project M used, as it nulls the file itself to allow Charizard's and Squirtle's animation files to be read directly from their character folders. It will also decrease the loading time.

While I'm on this subject, also use the common.pac and common4 .pac files from Project M as well, as those will also allow the animation files of Ivysaur, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Bowser, and Giga Bowser to be directly read from their character folders, alongside further decreasing load time.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #875 on: January 10, 2016, 01:15:22 PM »

It's best to just use the sc_selcharacter.pac and ditch the common5.pac, as they basically the same file, except the common5.pac includes the animation files for Charizard and I believe Squirtle. Heck, you should use the common5.pac Project M used, as it nulls the file itself to allow Charizard's and Squirtle's animation files to be read directly from their character folders. It will also decrease the loading time.

While I'm on this subject, also use the common.pac and common4 .pac files from Project M as well, as those will also allow the animation files of Ivysaur, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Bowser, and Giga Bowser to be directly read from their character folders, alongside further decreasing load time.

I never thought about loading times, i'll have to try that out Shocked i know by default the FPC reads menu2 and other external files first, the common1, 4, and 5 are really only needed for riivo or direct USB replacement, otherwise the game skips over them when loading files in live time. tho i think another benifit to using sc_selchar or external files is the ability to hotswap while you test.

extrernally you can swap files, exit out of the screen and re-enter it to show updated changes. common5 i believe does not, since it loads once at start up. Personally i agree with KJP, its a lot more convienient to skip the common files.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #876 on: January 15, 2016, 12:35:20 AM »

An annoying glitch in BrawlBox v0.76b's Collision Editor:
    Unchecking an individual poly checkbox does not make it disappear in the preview. It should disappear when unchecked.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

ZephyrNidorino
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #877 on: February 11, 2016, 04:20:58 PM »

What is the optimal Collada version to be using when importing on 0.76b? I'm using Maya 2015 to export my models and they're breaking when I import into BrawlBox and I'm assuming it's just the wrong version of Collada.

(Mine's using 1.4.1)

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #878 on: February 11, 2016, 04:32:13 PM »

1.4.1 and 1.5 versions of collada works fine for BB... i just think maya's collada isnt compatible with BB

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

ZephyrNidorino
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #879 on: February 11, 2016, 07:26:45 PM »

I've used it before without any trouble, this is just a recent problem. I used to import custom track models for Mario Kart Wii with this method. Perhaps I'll have to go get COLLADAMaya and see if that works.

Lucoshi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #880 on: February 19, 2016, 03:01:51 PM »

To be fair the BB is to buggy for now!

kalebsanders007
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #881 on: February 27, 2016, 05:47:22 PM »

Can you add the ability to rig bones to polygons if it's possible, cuz 3ds max crashes my computer and i don't know how to use it.

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #882 on: February 28, 2016, 04:03:35 AM »

To be fair the BB is to buggy for now!
    How would you of all people know, anyway BB clearly takes time to develop and the developers do this for free, so we're lucky.

Can you add the ability to rig bones to polygons if it's possible, cuz 3ds max crashes my computer and i don't know how to use it.
    Try blender, I'm sure it works. There should be plenty tutorials on the "Import Tutorials" section.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #883 on: February 28, 2016, 04:35:20 PM »

Try blender, I'm sure it works. There should be plenty tutorials on the "Import Tutorials" section.

I have proof that it works; just look at my Vault. Wink

In fact, I have a WIP Blender importing tutorial in that board.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #884 on: March 15, 2016, 12:57:59 PM »

I need help. I'm doing a model import request, importing two types of shoes, but because of a bug with it, I had to re-UV the whole thing, and didn't want to re-UV the whole other shoe type as well, so I vertexed it in Blender, then imported both into BrawlBox, and vertexed them to the right spots, which took a really, really, long time; so I'm using Mewtwo2000's UV editing program, but I don't know what the numbers represent. What I'm talking about are the numbers if you go to "UVs" under the MDL0, select a UV, and then expand "Points". Could somebody help, please? Cry

Pages:  1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: