Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BRAWL EX EXTRA SLOTS FINDINGS AND HOW TO SET THEM UP!  (Read 12761 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 07, 2014, 09:12:41 AM »

How to add, even more slots using random Data Take 1:

Hello again, this is Nebulon with another Tutorial on how to add even more slots into Brawl EX. Last time we covered boss slots. This time we’ll cover random data in the Fighter Chart that isn't associated with any fighter. Use this as a reference:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djmqofkkhjv7mf7/Fighter%20Chart.png

You see, the idea was that these random points of data could by synched to one another and read by the game altogether if the right values were put into them. And with some research and partnering up with Don Jon Bravo and Kagerou Imaizumi, some values were fleshed out and ultimately it was discovered that the data could be linked together to make another slot. I’m going to first share some findings, which will help people from making errors, and then we’ll continue.

Please observe the Fighter Chart:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djmqofkkhjv7mf7/Fighter%20Chart.png

As you can see, every line has data that isn’t being used or is used for non-playable fighters. As I reviewed in my last tutorial, there are plenty of Fighter spaces. No shortage on those really.

I haven’t Tried Giga and Warioman, so we have 16 Fighter spaces to work with, plus slot 58. Yes, we can use slot 58 again using the same method in the boss slot tutorial. I believe I mentioned it… but I’ll double check later…

ANYWAY, 16, plus 58 if I forgot to mentioned it so that’s 17 Fighter datas.
    Let’s move onto slots…
    Ice Climber singles CAN be used without messing with Ice Climbers. I tested the monkeys off of them and they were fine Smiley so that’s 2 slots… plus Giga Bowser, Warioman, and Mario Debug.

This leaves us with:
    17 Fighter data pieces
    5 Slot data pieces. "But Nebulon what about the 'none' slot"-

DO NOT USE “NONE” ON THE CHART. DO NO USE “NONE ON THE CHART. DO NOT USE “NONE” ON THE CHART. DO NO USE “NONE ON THE CHART. DO NOT USE “NONE” ON THE CHART. DO NO USE “NONE ON THE CHART. DO NOT USE “NONE” ON THE CHART. DO NO USE “NONE ON THE CHART. DO NOT USE “NONE” ON THE CHART. DO NO USE “NONE ON THE CHART. DO NOT USE “NONE” ON THE CHART. DO NO USE “NONE ON THE CHART.

There is reason to believe it could cause PERMANENT damage….

Anyway, moving on, we can conclude that at this point in time, we have 5 more potential characters we can add since that's all the slots we have available. Make sense? The Fighter data pieces will also be used with the Bosses, which is why there are so many free ones. Really, if you’ve done bosses already, you should only have around 5 left anyway.

Now we’ll look at the other bit of data: we have 6 CSS slot data points left (DO NOT USE NONE. DO NOT USE RANDOM) and what appears to be 6 more cosmetic pieces of data…

To be specific here let’s just outline it like this:

Available Fighter IDs: 24, 26, 27, 28, 2A, 2B, 2D, 36, 37, 38, 39, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 3E.
    Available Slot IDS: 11, 12, 2C, 2D, 32.
    Available CSS Slot IDS: 2A, 2B, 2C, 3C, 3D, 3E.
    Available Cosmetic IDs: 24, 2B, 2C, 3C, 3D, 3E.

One final note on cosmetics though: Anything after 3C will load Mario’s cosmetics, no matter what value you tell it to load. Anyway, with all of this, plus the Boss files, we can add Brawl Ex’s current maximum to the roster. Now we just need to go over how exactly we add them in and what values we change. For the sake of this explanation, I want people to view new slot creation like this:

What this is trying to show people is that the CSS Slot will actually be the primary file you edit, It needs to connect to everything. The Cosmetic file, just needs to connect to the Slot. And the slot doesn’t care for either, it’s stuck on the Fighter.

Let’s open it up and get started. For this tutorial, we will be using Fighter 2B, Cosmetic 2B, CSS Slot 3E, Slot 32.

So open up your CSSslot.dat.

Just as I showed you in the connections section, the CSSslot needs to be connected to everything. We do 3 things here:
    00000010 by 00 needs to be the Slot ID. We’re using Slot 32, so put in 32.
    00000010 by 03 needs to be the Cosmetic ID. We’re using Cosmetic 2B, so put in 2B.
    00000000 by 0F needs to be changed from 00 into 01. 01 is what allows these changes to be read. Otherwise the game doesn’t quite recognize them.

So now our CSSslot is connected to our two files.

Let’s move onto Cosmetic:

We have 2 steps here.
    00000010 by 02 needs to be the Slot ID. We’re using Slot 32, so put in 32.
    And once again
    00000000 by 0F needs to be changed from 00 into 01. 01 is what allows these changes to be read. Otherwise the game doesn’t quite recognize them.

The Green box is a reminder that the value here is still the value that loads your pictures. When assigning cosmetic data from your CSS like CSPs, as well as BPs, and RPs, that is the value you’ll need to change to load them. This is nothing new, it’s outlined in Sammi’s tutorial, it’s just a reminder.

Anyway, now our Cosmetic is hooked to our Slot:

Lastly, let’s look at slot data:

Only two values here to change:
    00000010 by 03 needs to be the Fighter ID. We’re using Fighter 2B, so put in 2B.
    And lastly

Now our Slot is connected to our Fighter.dat

So… now that these are all connected, proceed as normal. Edit your Fighter File, put the Fighter ID in the module. Put the CSSSlot ID in the CSSRoster file. And you're all set. Now go forth and put MUGEN to shame  Awesome Face

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:16:11 AM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Xero874
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:12:55 AM »

Great tutorial!

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
    Version 0.04

TheDarkMysteryMan
    Extreme Kitten

Oh you're a Mod? You think I care? Let's talk real

• Awards Cookie Clicker! Dedicated Hacker Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »

Really outstanding work there. I'm going to try this out on P:M and see what kind of outcome I'll get.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »

Only suggestion I can make to this is to not leave so much free space for the config screens.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »

Nice job!!, just in time for my ExBrawl Clone Engine video tutorial also. I appreciate you taking the time with pictures, easier to follow.
    Call me old school but it's more fun to actually edit the hex manually then letting a program do it. Except for the original way of import other games mdl0's Im srs here Thank you for saving us fort waffles!!

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: