Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Project M Codes  (Read 21344 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »

@Br3 and Mia: That is exactly right. Let me take this even further with what BR3 was talking about:

Look at KJP. It's because of SDo0m among others that he felt driven to become as knowledgeable as he is in PSA, is it not? It's because SDo0m shared his work, and actually talked about how he did things in addition to providing help to others that KJP was able to grow as a PSA Maker, and now that cycle can continue by him doing the same for others.

Sharing knowledge, teaching others our ways so they can stand up and make their own is the epitome of progress and creativity. Cause creativity is a reciprocal process that grows greater by having people build off the ideas of others to create something greater. When you disallow this, you cripple creativity greatly.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »

If releasing things creates the drive for others to improve, can you point me towards anything that has been created on KCMM or Smashboards in the past 2 years that is not related to data posted by me or other PMBR members in Project M or OpenSA.

I share more than enough of my work, but no one understands most of it anyways, so I don't want to take hours of time writing up tutorials and posting in threads if its just going to thrown back at me anyways.

@Velen
    People get better by being inspired, but theres a limit to that. No matter how awesome Sdoom is, KJP had to take time to learn all of the things that he did, and that isn't something most people have, reguardless of support from the community.

This is something that doesn't happen often. For every KJP, there are 1000s of people that just want to download things and play them, and thats fine. Thats absolutely okay. But don't tell me that people would be inspired to learn coding by me releasing all of my work.

I guess I'll post my module editor today. And we will see what people do with it. My guess is that nothing will be done, even though my module editor supports features that PW lacks. In fact, I don't see anyone doing much module editing (Outside of PW+PMBR).

@Velen, I understand that people need help to get started sometimes, but also understand that helping people is a long and hard process with not much to gain other than personal satisfaction.  When I first started Brawl hacking, I was a college student with all the free time in the world, now I work full-time as a professional programmer, and work on both Project M and various projects outside of my job. I'd love to see a giant stream of interest in Brawl hacking again, but I don't see it happening

https://code.google.com/p/meleetools/
    https://code.google.com/p/brawldev/
    https://code.google.com/p/opensa3/

While I haven't posted every single code I have made in the past 3 years for Project M, I have contributed back all around, and many codes from Project M have willingly made it back out...the original ASM hackers got bored and went on to do other things. A lot of talented artists are will on the site doing things, but the golden age of tool development and code development is over.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:45:08 PM by Dantarion » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »

I think I will give my 2 cents here aswell!

have been a hard worker about understanding how Module files work since its really lack of intrest! problem was that I was alone with it only Raw data to look into! each time I wanted either help or toss ideas, no one was there in the beginning!

however, PW came later and help me so my intrest in Module grew bigger and bigger!

it was the same when I started hacking from the beginning! I got all the help I needed to get a bigger intrest! Mewtwo200 was actually the one who help me get into hacking!

its the same now for the new users aswell! if they cant get over the first rock, only a few will get over it without help

Stupid Tinypic :C

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »

If releasing things creates the drive for others to improve, can you point me towards anything that has been created on KCMM or Smashboards in the past 2 years that is not related to data posted by me or other PMBR members in Project M or OpenSA.
    Which is exactly what I'm saying. New developments were often motivated by what had been released.

Release more, and more people will intervene on the hacking scene. Keep your [censored] closed and P:M locked and all that potential is going to waste.

I share more than enough of my work
    Lol. I can tell from the amount of stuff in that P:M codeset which was already released.

I don't want to take hours of time writing up tutorials and posting in threads if its just going to thrown back at me anyways.
    Other coders seem to be able to help others very easily despite the so-called KCMM incompetence. Maybe the problem isn't the community, but that just you don't want to share those P:M codes?
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:47:03 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 03:50:13 PM »

You can't blame PMBR for lack of development here....I don't really get why you keep saying that.

I said I don't WANT to take hours of time writing up stuff.
    I already took hours of time making the codes.

How many people use BrawlDJ?
    No one? Thats right, because almost no one could figure it out.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »

The sad fact about this all is that the majority of the stuff that Dant and PMBR make are using techniques that are highly technical, for example ppc asm coding. very few people are going to even remotely be interested in it. It's not the fault of the community, it's that the hacking scene doesn't contain enough people who meet the prerequisites for learning these advanced techniques. In order to learn ppc asm for example, they would need to know how alot of computer stuff works. Like exactly what asm is, how memory works, how offsets are loaded and accessed by computers, etc etc. These things are incredibly difficult and time consuming to write a tutorial about, if not near impossible to fit in one tutorial.

The only thing that would happen if they released these codes, would be people using them. I don't really (personally) think that anybody is going to look at them, decode them, examine them, to better their skills and learn how to make something of their own, or advance the development by much if any.

Tabuu is a great example of an amazing resource that Dant released that had a ton of potential, and yet nobody was interested in it because it wasn't user friendly. People who wanted to look at how it worked, or use it for inspiration could/can, and yet nothing comes of it..

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 04:17:06 PM »

Thats a good example of a tool I made that ended up not being used by anyone. Guess thats my own fault but hey, the source code is out there! I think maybe BJ looked at some of it. Not sure about that but at least I got it out there!

Masterhand is a tool i made primarily for PMBR, but I released it. Never heard of anyone doing anything with it though. O well, source code is out there though!

Anyways, I would love to see more interest in people getting their hands dirty and seeing stuff happen. I still intend on helping with some more stuff on here, especially the SSE stuff, as that is completely new ground with tons of unknown data.

I think I will try to post two things when I get home.

1) my GeckoDol tool! It embeds a GCT and a codelist into a Brawl dol! This can be used with Dolphin to run an extracted ISO with codes! Yay for really fast testing of Project M stuff!
    2) my ModuleEditor! It takes a module, decompiles it into .raw and .asm files, then recompiles it back into a dol! Yay for being able to add lines to modules!

I don't think more than 10 people will ever use either these things, and it will take me multiple hours to get them ready for use even though they have been done for like...maybe a yearish? I don't remember.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 04:22:57 PM »

this is getting interesting

but yea. not great posting the ENTIRE leak. glad that got removed.

and its nice seeing you say that you think most of the users on kcmm are idiots who wont understand anything. hiding behind your internet points and popularity, are you dant? afraid that people from kcmm can ACTUALLY do stuff?

I recall Vaanrose being a KCMM member, then joining PM. same with Nano. Are they not counted as KCMM members anymore so that they dodge your line of "kcmm people are idiots"?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: May 06, 2014, 04:29:34 PM »

I didn't say anyone was an idiot. I just said that not many here are actively developing anything original. As far as art goes, there are a lot of talented textures, and modelers, and animators, but there isn't really a coding community here, its more of an area for coders to release and give support on things, like BlackJax with BrawlBox, PW with BrawlEx, etc.

I am not afraid that people on KCMM can do stuff, I want to see what you can do. SonicBrawler, what can you do? How do you think people end up in the PMBR? From doing stuff, and then applying.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: May 06, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »

I don't think more than 10 people will ever use either these things, and it will take me multiple hours to get them ready for use even though they have been done for like...maybe a yearish? I don't remember.

0.0!

well, i know i'll be checking them out for sure if you do.

and its nice seeing you say that you think most of the users on kcmm are idiots who wont understand anything. hiding behind your internet points and popularity, are you dant? afraid that people from kcmm can ACTUALLY do stuff?

Woah, why get so offensive? I don't recall him actually saying people on here were idiots SB.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: May 06, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »

Thats a good example of a tool I made that ended up not being used by anyone. Guess thats my own fault but hey, the source code is out there! I think maybe BJ looked at some of it. Not sure about that but at least I got it out there!

Masterhand is a tool i made primarily for PMBR, but I released it. Never heard of anyone doing anything with it though. O well, source code is out there though!

Anyways, I would love to see more interest in people getting their hands dirty and seeing stuff happen. I still intend on helping with some more stuff on here, especially the SSE stuff, as that is completely new ground with tons of unknown data.

I think I will try to post two things when I get home.

1) my GeckoDol tool! It embeds a GCT and a codelist into a Brawl dol! This can be used with Dolphin to run an extracted ISO with codes! Yay for really fast testing of Project M stuff!
    2) my ModuleEditor! It takes a module, decompiles it into .raw and .asm files, then recompiles it back into a dol! Yay for being able to add lines to modules!

do be fair, we never heard about the masterhand tool due being only released in PMBR and since they are secret, they dont want to share it?

used tabuu alot actually, but never got able to save stuff :c

Stupid Tinypic :C

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: May 06, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »

Woah, why get so offensive? I don't recall him actually saying people on here were idiots SB.

Well, lets just say some of Dant's earlier posts before these latest ones were...-kinda nasty and leave it at that. DS22 wasn't helping much either.

Back on topic, this is the first time I've heard of this Masterhand program. What exactly is it?

@Pikazz: Didn't Dant already say he released that program, Pikazz?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »

I recall Vaanrose being a KCMM member, then joining PM. same with Nano. Are they not counted as KCMM members anymore so that they dodge your line of "kcmm people are idiots"?

When did Dant call anyone an idiot?

Stop making [censored] up.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »

I didn't say anyone was an idiot. I just said that not many here are actively developing anything original. As far as art goes, there are a lot of talented textures, and modelers, and animators, but there isn't really a coding community here, its more of an area for coders to release and give support on things, like BlackJax with BrawlBox, PW with BrawlEx, etc.

idiot wasnt the correct word. i think it was talentless.

I am not afraid that people on KCMM can do stuff, I want to see what you can do. SonicBrawler, what can you do? How do you think people end up in the PMBR? From doing stuff, and then applying.

What can I do? Are you trying to imply that I cant do anything? Because I have an entire Vault that shows stuff I can do/help with.

and with the stuff I did, I then applied. They way you say it seems like those who work and apply will get in.

When did Dant call anyone an idiot?

Stop making [censored] up.

Yes. I made everything up. I always make things up. I can also remember everything exactly as it happened
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:39:36 PM by SonicBrawler » Logged

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

TheDarkMysteryMan
    Extreme Kitten

Oh you're a Mod? You think I care? Let's talk real

• Awards Cookie Clicker! Dedicated Hacker Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: May 06, 2014, 04:40:56 PM »

Why don't we all calm down please?
    I don't like seeing people gey angry at each other.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:42:47 PM by Queen Chrysalis. » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: