Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BRAWL EX BOSS SLOTS! HOW TO SET THEM UP!  (Read 15916 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 02, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »

Okay. Excuse me for rushing this, but this'll be the THIRD time I've typed this up. Third time. And I'm honestly getting sick of it. I have a wedding to get ready for and blah blah irl stuff I know, so I'm trying VERY hard to get this out since I know I've been putting it off and brainstorming so I'm gonna cover Boss slots tonight only, not the random bits of data. I'll cover that another time. Again I'm sorry I'm just rushing through, but I'll include pictures to make it easier. I'm also not going to be as charming, this'll be a straight tutorial.

Okay.

Hello. Today we're making boss slots. How do you make boss slots and what is a boss slot? Look in the image below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djmqofkkhjv7mf7/Fighter%20Chart.png

The above image is the Fighter Chart. In the Fighter Chart, we can see that the game loads characters and bosses, though not always with their IDs aligned. Phantom Wings made the data beyond 3E aligned, but the game doesn't normally read the files like that, as we can see here.

So how do we use a boss slot? For this rushed example we'll use Petey Pirahna:

Notice how Petey, as well as the other bosses, are loaded differently then EX clones. IE, there are only 2 configs aligned, with a 3rd aligned differently, and no 4th.

First we start with what we have, in that we start taking out our config template for our new clone (Let's say we're cloning Mario).

So, for Boss slots, you need to name the files the same way the bosses are loaded. In Petey's case, Slot will be 33, and the Cosmetic and CSSslot files will be 2D. So name your Mario config files as shown:

Slot33
    Cosmetic2D
    CSSslot2D

The game will AUTOMATICALLY link these bits of data together, just as PW's Clone engine links config files 3F-63 together.

Also, REMEMBER use Mario's config files. You don't need to use anything that's Petey's. Just Mario's.

So if you named these files correctly, then you are 90% done. What's left? Fighter config.

First look here again
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/djmqofkkhjv7mf7/Fighter%20Chart.png

And pick your Fighter ID. For our example, we'll pick the first free one, 24. (Note that any empties, along with Forbidden Fighters, are fair game. I haven't tried Giga or Warioman).

So name Mario's Fighter.config: Fighter 24. So all together we have:

Fighter24
    Slot33
    Cosmetic2D
    CSSslot2D.

Now, the game can link 3 of the 4 files together automatically. But how do we get the game to associate Fighter24, with the rest of the files? Through the Slot file. Open Slot 33 (Note the picture I'm using has a different ID. This doesn't matter). You should see something like this:

These are the "guts" of the slot. In order to associate the Fighter config with the Slot (And in turn the Cosmetic and Cssslot) you need to look at the two places I highlighted. The value in 00000010 by 03 needs to be changed into the Fighter's ID. So in our case, 24. The value in 00000000 by 0F needs to be changed into 01. These will always be changed to 01, no matter what value you put in as the Fighter.

After you've forced the Slot to read that Fighter with the ID 24, you're done. Congratulations Smiley

This can also be applied to alloys, and getting Slot 58 to work. Smiley So there you have it! Boss slots are easy!

Next time we'll talk about random data pieces. Sorry this was so brief. I'll be busy for a few days, but I'll be on off and on to answer questions. Again sorry for rush. :/

If this was too rushed, I will edit it to make more sense. Again, I'm SO sorry. But I owe it to all of you to make this tut better if it's too confusing, and I will if requested. I promise.
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:10:29 AM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:40:11 PM »

'These are the "guts" of the slot. In order to associate the Fighter config with the Slot (And in turn the Cosmetic and Cssslot) you need to look at the two places I highlighted. The value in 00000010 by 03 needs to be changed into the Fighter's ID. So in our case, 24. The value in 00000000 by 0F needs to be changed into 01. These will always be changed to 01, no matter what value you put in as the Fighter.'

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 07:42:20 PM »

'These are the "guts" of the slot. In order to associate the Fighter config with the Slot (And in turn the Cosmetic and Cssslot) you need to look at the two places I highlighted. The value in 00000010 by 03 needs to be changed into the Fighter's ID. So in our case, 24. The value in 00000000 by 0F needs to be changed into 01. These will always be changed to 01, no matter what value you put in as the Fighter.'

That picture is much better. Thank you! lol

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 11:48:41 PM »

It's time to work.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 12:11:44 AM »

what does this to? let us play as bosses?

Stupid Tinypic :C

KingImpris
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »

does Taboo,Master Hand,crazy hand slot work?
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:34:36 AM by KingImpris » Logged

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 12:21:42 AM »

what does this to? let us play as bosses?
    It lets you use boss slots for more characters.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

KingImpris
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 01:50:48 AM »

Mine froze i tried (mario)krillin
    Taboo slot
    Slot3B
    Fighter46
    Csslot35
    Cosmetic35

i edited the slot to
    53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 36 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 28 3D 00 CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC

Post Merge: May 03, 2014, 02:31:40 AM
    Nvm i finally got it to works Bookmarking this page for good Thumbs Up Smiley
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:31:40 AM by KingImpris » Logged

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 05:57:31 AM »

I need to be following this, this is some very usefull info

You Never Know!

DarkDeity
    Extreme Kitten

I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

• Awards Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 03:57:12 PM »

bookmarked! watched! buddy you are the awesome

I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

KingImpris
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 12:26:28 AM »

Taboo Slot froze for me others are good.

BlazeBlue
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 05:00:11 AM »

I need help please. I followed your instructions to the letter but its not working for me. It let's me get to the CSS screen and freezes when I choose a match. I'm doing a marth clone instead of a Mario clone (example used in the tutorial)

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 05:04:39 AM »

What slot IDs are you using?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 02:45:53 PM »

Which Config IDs did you use for Ryu?

Are they all 3C?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: