Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ShyGuy's Animation ToyBox - Need an animation?  (Read 3318 times)
TheShyGuy
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 15, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »

I wanna get back into animating, but I don't really play brawl or do PSA's anymore.  So if anyone has an animation they need, then make a request.  I can only use Brawlbox to animate as I don't have Maya or 3ds Max.  I probably won't accept all requests and only take a few at a time.  When making a request, info about the character plus a few references of the needed animation would help along with the necessary files.

Here's what I did about 3-4 years ago before I stopped animating and left =/

Side Smash(s4s):
    original:

Side Tilt(s3s):
    original:

UpSmash(Hi4):
    original:

GettingUp:
    original

Dodge Back:
    original:

The chances of this thread dieing is probably pretty high.  But I wanted to atleast try because I do like animating.

Any and all criticism is appreciated.  If I make garbage, then say something because I wanna get better haha lol.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »

For BrawlBox usage, your Animations are superb. I don't really see anything wrong with your current works.

As for Maya, you can get the Student version for free from Autodesk's website.

As for requests, I could possibly use some assistance on one/two Final Smash Animations for my PSA, since I'm kinda brainfarting on how I can implement things properly.

1.) Charizard. A series of claw swipes before a final dashing tackle. Ends in the air.

2.) Charizard. The infamous Seismic Toss from the Anime. Ends in the Air.

I have the bases for both Animations animated, I just need some polish, but I'm a bit too lazy at the moment. :x

I'll send you the base Animations if you accept this request.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »

As for Maya, you can get the Student version for free from Autodesk's website.

Except I don't go to any college at the moment =/.  I will start going for the fall though.

I don't watch anime hehe so I'm a bit clueless as to what you're really saying. However, since you have the animation mostly done and it just need polishing, I shouldn't need any references.  Can I see what you have so far before I accept? 

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 06:04:28 PM »

Except I don't go to any college at the moment =/.  I will start going for the fall though.
    That doesn't stop people from getting it.

I don't watch anime hehe so I'm a bit clueless as to what you're really saying. However, since you have the animation mostly done and it just need polishing, I shouldn't need any references.  Can I see what you have so far before I accept?
    You can see the slashing animation I have near the middle of this video (around the 1:30 mark). The reason I want it revamped, is because I received a complaint on how bland the overall move looks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlt4jfIkC_Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlt4jfIkC_Y</a>

As for the other move, here's a partial gif reference.

And here's a video of the current animation I have at the moment. The ending throw is supposed to be like an overhand throw, but I kinda failed at it. :v

<a href="http://youtu.be/5Sp6O9740pM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/5Sp6O9740pM</a>
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:05:58 PM by KingOfChaos » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

Okay, i'll give it a shot.  Send em over

Edit:

Would it be cool with you if I base the seismic toss off of this reference? (go to 4:20)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ0A-70yUOg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ0A-70yUOg</a>

Edit2:

Oh the ref gif and the vid are of the same thing haa =p.

Btw, I noticed a few things with your seismic toss animation that was a bit weird.  

1) You have charizard's stomache facing inwards towards the center instead of out -like the reference.

2) The way you made him rotate around a circle is..."ew" hehe.  You could've just placed a center pivot bone to rotate around and used another for the offset/radius.  It becomes alot more simple than whatever you were doing lol.  That's how I'm doing it right now plus I can offset the Y rotation of the pivot bone so that you can easily change how much rotation towards the view the first part of the animation is.  I don't think this should be an issue (teleporting when hit?) since...he shouldn't be able to get hit while doing a final smash.

Edit 3:

Does setting BB to view animations as Linear actually make the animation run linearly in game?  (I can't test as I don't have anything setup nor do I have whats needed to be able to).

Post Merge: May 16, 2014, 03:25:34 PM
    Here's progress on the seismic toss.  These are basically just keyframes without any polish (I recreated all the keyframes except the first one heh).  There are extra frames just to see the motion.  The transition from the rotation to throw is just temp, I did it just to show them both together.

I'm still not happy with the throw key frames.  Specifically when Charizard's head points up a lot.  It doesn't give off that heavy pulling feeling from the keyframes only.

Anyone have any crits on this so far?  Does the animation read well at all?

Edit 4:

Sigh... It looks like I was right.  I don't think  I can use BrawlBox/FK to make an animation.  It's just too hard for me to make things look smooth.  Sorry KingOfChaos.  I'd appreciate it if someone locks this.
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:39:01 PM by TheShyGuy » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »

That Animation does look great. The transition from the spin to the throw could use a bit of work though.

Would you mind sending your current progress? I might be able to touch it up.

In the meantime, I'll lock your thread (but you could have locked it yourself). And try getting Maya.
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:52:59 PM by KingOfChaos » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: