Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl EX Help with CSS Expansion and SFX  (Read 5809 times)
cbennett2121
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »

I am working an a mod called Project EX and I have a really stupid question that I need help with.  I know how to add clones, add CSS icons, etc etc.  I currently have 50 character slots, 5 rows x 10 columns and then I went to add another clone.  However, when I loaded up the game, the CSS still remained the same, meaning the CSS was not modified to show my new clone. I made sure to added the character's hax code to the CSSROSTER.dat file and I made sure to increment the value for number of characters (I even tried increment it again so that there should have been two extra slots).  The clone works fine, I tested it to make sure it works by putting it over a previous clone.  I am just wondering if there is something that I am supposed to do out of the norm of adding a clone to continue expanding the roster  since the current roster expands all the way to the BP display.

Also, I am having issues with  implementing SFX for clones and was wondering if anyone knows of good guides for using SFX with clones.  I already have to .sawnd for the two clones (Roy and Mewtwo) from PM.

Check out My Project EX: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67116.msg1242650#msg1242650
I am a currently a college student studying mathematics and computer science.  I am a programmer with experience in multiple languages.
I used to mod brawl but stopped for a while and decided to start up again.

Brightshadow360
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:38:28 AM »

I had the same problem but I solved it. I think it's a glitch with the clone tool. The roster editor in the clone tool only adds the slot temporarily but actualy running the game deletes the extra slot for some reason. Open your CSSroster.dat in the BrawlEX config utility and edit it from there. if you do that, then the new slot will stick.

As for the sound FX I too would realy like to see a guide for ADDING sounds for clone characters rather than replacing them. (I intend on keeping all of the original characters). So far, every guide seems to be about doing super complex hex editing of already existing character sounds. I have a premade .swnds file. I just need to know how to make my Luffy use those sounds instead of Ike's.

Real
Mega Kitten

Texture Master of the Masters of the Textures lolw

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:01:55 AM »

SFX is incredibly easy, What you sant to do is put your sawndz in the sfx folder. Open up BrawlBox, Find the group of the character(guessing its a boss), Remember the infoindex number on the bottom, Get up your calculator, Convert it to hex. Then open the Clone Tool up and put the hex-ed number in the last 4 digits. Awesome Face

Also, I think you should try the Boss Slots and Forbidden 7 slots, Theres a tutorial about that somewhere here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:03:23 AM by SSBXReal » Logged

hai

Brightshadow360
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:29:01 AM »

I don't wish to replace any sounds if possible. I want to add them. Just to get a feel of my situation, I have just put luffy in (my first ever character. I am a noob and my programing skill level is "script kiddie") over an Ike clone. I Have downloaded a .sawnd file for luffy. However, inserting said .sawnd file messes up Ike's sounds. my questions are basicly these:

1. Is there a way to add a new soundbank to the .brsar or, better yet, any way to get luffy to pull the luffy.sawnd directly from the SD card without messing up Ikes soundbank?

if #1 is impossible then:

2. how do I change the referenced soundbank of a clone? if I must ruin the bosses in order to fix other sounds, then I guess I have little choice (though wanted to eventualy add the bosses to the roster), but I need to know where to go to edit a clone's soundbank ( (I have internetexplorer's replacment soundbank engine 1.20 and I know to rename luffy.sawnd to the group number of the soundbank I have altered)

based on what you just said, I have to take a number from the bosses info, convert it to hex, and put it in the soundbank of the clone using the clone tool. I found the infoindex numbers but that looks like it's for an individual sound rather than a what the .sawnd file represents. am I looking at the right number (example, medaridley file 00 has id number 9792

I know there are tutorials on this, but said guide is a bit...not noob friendly. the guide was probobly writen before the replacment soundbank code was a thing and does not seem to reference the clone tool   

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:45:55 AM »

Unfortunately, you can't just add SFX stuff as of now (Hopefully it'll be possible at some point) so you'll have to replace other SFX stuff.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Brightshadow360
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:56:25 AM »

Unfortunately, you can't just add SFX stuff as of now (Hopefully it'll be possible at some point) so you'll have to replace other SFX stuff.

ouch. that means I'm limited on how many characters I can fix the sounds for. ok, let me fix my question so it is simplified.

I have a luffy clone and luffy.sawnds. I know that I must put the .sawnds in the fx folder and rename it the group number of the boss (as shown in super sawndz). the question here is what number do I need to change the clone's soundbank number so that it references the .sawnds rather than Ike. I know whatever the number is, I must convert it to hex and put it in the soundbank section of the clone tool.

so far I have three numbers I am guessing at.
    1. the group number (aka the same one I use to rename the .sawnds)
    2. infoindex number ( example: metaridely file 00 in brawlbox has 9792
    3. the number next to "soundfile" that displayes the path (metaridly example: 734)

which of these, if any are correct.

also, what are these 7 forbiden slots I hear of?

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

The Forbidden 7 are seven characters that were meant to be in Brawl, but were cut, but, their data remains on the disc. These characters are Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, Toon Skeik, Dixie Kong, and a fighter who is known as PRA_MAI. The hacking community accepted the theory that PRA_MAI is a Ice Climber styled team with Plusle and Minun.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Brightshadow360
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 12:47:37 AM »

first things first. for any noobs reading the thread, I figured out that the soundbank number you put in the clone tool is the HEX version of the group number shown in Super Sawnds.

as for the Forbidden 7, I know what they are, but I don't know where they are. it was implied in SSBXReal's post above that one can use the 7's slots the same way you can use a boss slot. The problem is, unlike the bosses, the 7's sfx slots in Super Sawnds is not labled clearly. all I realy need now are the group ID numbers of the 7's sfx slots. Once I have that I SHOULD be good to go.

thanks BTW for all you guys help so far.

Post Merge: August 19, 2014, 03:03:05 PM
    Ok. I tried to replace metaridely via the soundbank replacment engine. renamed the luffy.sawnds that I downloaded from the vault to 319.sawnd and put it in the sfx folder in pf. I then changed my clones soundbank to 13F. It is not working.

what have I done wrong? it works fine when I replace Ike this way, but when I replace metaridely and change the clone's soundbank to metaridley's, it fails.

Post Merge: August 20, 2014, 02:24:39 PM
    made a new topic seeing how I basicly hijacked this old one:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70436.0
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:24:39 PM by Brightshadow360 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: