Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Next Revolutionary Step in the Texture Hacking Community  (Read 7938 times)
Jack H.
Titles cost $5,000
Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 07, 2009, 12:34:49 AM »

Dear fellow brawl hacker/user,

We hereby invite you to join and participate in the next revolutionary step in the hacking community. This step is key for brawl hackers and users alike, and will well accomplish what we have all meagerly attempted to get done within forums and/or extremely long and unorganized roster pages.

We present to you, the BrawlHacks Wiki. We can assure you that many, many hours (even weeks) went into the preparation and creation of this Wiki, and is very ready for your input. We didn't want to clutter up this post with more than 1 image, so you'll have to click the link above and become familiar with the navigation and purpose of the BrawlHacks Wiki.

[While currently incomplete, we need your input and help to finish it!]

While the main page does state "MeowMix Wiki" - it was required that we name it that in order to give Wikia.com information about our roots. This Wiki is, however, NOT AT ALL exclusive to MeowMix textures. In fact, it is quite the opposite. We intend for every texture hacker, whether on a team or not, to participate freely in updating the database of textures within the Wiki.

By using the BrawlHacks Wiki, users will be able to copy and paste a simple template, edit it, and have their texture freely downloadable among other users. Many popular forums have attempted, and done fairly well at making sure giant "indexes" of textures were well organized and easily usable. Where the forums fail, however, is where the BrawlHacks Wiki picks up the slack. No admins will have to help each and every individual user. There will be house-cleaning every once in a while, but with the templates provided - the addition and updating of textures is as easy as 1-2-3.

If you are on a texture hacking team, we admonish you to let your visitors know via an update, as well as participate yourself. The faster this Wiki grows, the more central the site will be for people to come and enjoy everybody's creations.

Don't think for a second that just because you may be on a team that this will transfer the focus of texture creations from your site to this one. That is not the intention of the BrawlHacks Wiki. The purpose is to create a central location where users can view, submit, and download each texture easily.

We appreciate all that you have done to participate in the Brawl Hacking Community, and hope to continue to see more artisans in the near future.

-The BrawlHacks Wiki Team

-a.k.a. Team MeowMix

-Jack H.

Plasmakirby
    The ONLY Master of Plasma
    Supreme Kitten

The Power of Plasma Compells U

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:29:53 AM »

seems useful. thanks!

Segab
    FFFFFF
    Special Access

Meowth that's bass!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 11:42:30 AM »

awesome Cheesy
    I feel like the Database will be very usefull, since everyone can post their textures in there!

one question:
    I've made a tutorial in french on how to use/create a texture hack.. Is there a way to put it there so that french people can understand too?

edit: I think Zephron f@cked up everything in C. Falcon's page. And he's not using 150x150 pics.

edit edit: I added Ness Scout, but then everytime I'm trying to add something it says somebody edited the page while I was. Am I just unlucky?
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 12:32:36 PM by Segab » Logged

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Pin Collector

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »

awesome Cheesy
    I feel like the Database will be very usefull, since everyone can post their textures in there!

one question:
    I've made a tutorial in french on how to use/create a texture hack.. Is there a way to put it there so that french people can understand too?

edit: I think Zephron f@cked up everything in C. Falcon's page. And he's not using 150x150 pics.

edit edit: I added Ness Scout, but then everytime I'm trying to add something it says somebody edited the page while I was. Am I just unlucky?

I have revamped every character stage by hand. The entire site is now "smaller resolution friendly" with shrinking and expanding tables.

I noted you inputting Ness Scout just as I was converting Ness's page to the new standard. Yes, you were just barely unlucky.

Can't wait to see everyone's textures bubbling over in this place. Great work.

-Jack H.

mohammad
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 04:58:27 AM »

this is a great idea!!!!!

Register
    Mega Kitten

R-R-REGIGIYGAS

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:14:42 AM »

Definitely seems a lot handier than looking through pages of Gallery images.

Though, the only problem I foresee in the near future, is putting the names of the character textures beside the character names (Bowser | Twilight Bowser, Twilight Giga Bowser, Fixed Bowser, etc.). That, in a very short time, could make the page far longer than it needs to be.

...Also, I must ask, will there one day be sections for Super Smash Bros. 64 and Super Smash Bros. Melee textures respectively? If this gets bigger, it'd be a nice database for all 3 games. Smiley

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »

Im gonna get my hands on a melee iso sometime and ill make some melee textures, so yeh, that would be nice having melee option on the site.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 10:26:28 AM »

Im gonna get my hands on a melee iso sometime and ill make some melee textures, so yeh, that would be nice having melee option on the site.
    <_<....
    >_>....

Why hello there stranger, I can supply you with many illegal--Er.. I mean "legal" Melee.

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 10:31:36 AM »

We shall take this discussion to the private depths of my INBOX!

Zephiel:
    Texture updates.

Androu1:

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 10:36:04 AM »

That's what she said. *runs*

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »

Hehehehehehehehehe....
    That's what she said. *runs*
    Lulz. *loads shotgun*
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:37:49 AM by Shadow » Logged

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »

Vyse, don't look under your bed.

Zephiel:
    Texture updates.

Androu1:

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: