Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: The New Project Mirage Recolor Thread!  (Read 79532 times)
PK-Thunder
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »

hallelujah!! I finally got my own computer and now I should have no problems ever again with anything stupid.

I just got it today, so I'm still downloading necessary files and components for doing things that I want to do. In addition to that I have to re-download everything that I already had that wasn't backed up.

It's a start though, so what have I started? Mirage R.O.B, Mirage Ike (yes still. you can thank xeno for that), Mirage Olimar, Mirage Wolf, and Mirage Ice Climbers.

Regarding olimar, I started working on him in secret so that someone else can work on him first, so if anyone still wants to work on him feel free to do so.

As for wolf, I asked obskore if I could work on him personally, him being one of my favorite characters to play.
    Unfortunately, he was one of the files that I don't remember backing up which is okay since I didn't do anything to him yet. I still have the linked file so I'll just re-download that and start from there.

Edit: I just put my SD card into my computer and I came across some goodies.

Fox Preview

And Ike

Eh? Eh? Eh? whaddaya think?

I already have Ikes entire upper body planned but the lower body is still being worked on.

Edit2: Updated OP with previews of the new fox.
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:18:07 AM by PK-Thunder » Logged

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: August 15, 2014, 12:49:54 AM »

Updated OP with lucario previews.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: August 22, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »

no updates? not impressed not impressed.

Triple posting like a boss so prepare yourself.
    Ike

I took pictures on various stages to get a feel of how they would look under different lighting conditions and I must say, they look rather nice.

Changelog:
    • the boot color was nudged 9 points towards red.
    • the violet on the tunic was nudged 5 points towards red

Wolf

AAARRRROOOOO!!!

Long changelog is LOOOOONNNNGGGG:
    • I changed the color of the boots very slightly. I had to nudge the main colors 9 points towards red, while the details was shifted 9 points towards blue. This was done to prevent there being too many different shades of the same color violet. (I also had to do this with Ike)
    • I also changed the pad on his pants to be purple instead of blue so that it could better tie the boots with the upper body.
    • I had to change the shoulder pad from black to purple cause black looked bad, blue would've been an overload, and purple seemed to be the only other color that would work.
    • The trim on the shoulder pads was changed from dark grey to light grey
    • The shirt was made purple because grey made him look shirtless.
    • The P:M logo was removed from the gloves
    • The jacket was made slightly darker to balance the overall look of the costume
    • The trim on the jacket was changed from black to light grey to be consistent with the rest of the stripes
    • The sleeve was changed from black to a dark and desaturated blue because reasons.

whew. that was a lot of typing.
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:49:48 PM by PK-Thunder » Logged

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:07 PM »

Looking good.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: August 23, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »

Not bad

Martyr
    Expert Kitten

What you do with life determines who you are.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: August 23, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »

It doesn't have to be pure black, you can just have it as a dark and desaturated purple. In fact that's what I did with my Falcon. All the "black" parts are the same color as his main body, just desaturated and much darker.

I agree though that purple/midnight blue should be the main focus, but you can only do so much with base Mewtwo.

Ok, worked on Mirage Mewtwo, and this is the idea I came up with. This is not final. Thoughts?
    I think the purple sticks out a little and I am thinking to make it darker.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: August 23, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »

Looking good.
    Not bad

So are Wolf and Ike clear for upload?

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: August 23, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »

The purple does seem a bit too bright and saturated on both of them, but other than that I like them both.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: August 25, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »

Getting previews on edited Ike and Wolf by thursday.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #114 on: August 26, 2014, 07:29:20 AM »

The jumpers are completely black as shown down in the texture file below. For some strange reason, Wario gets all glitchy and looks very odd in BB and becomes all messed up in game, so I have to use the old one as a preview. I may just restart my laptop or something

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: August 26, 2014, 07:59:10 AM »

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #116 on: August 26, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »

Seal of disapproval  Im srs here must work harder! 

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: August 26, 2014, 09:30:16 AM »

For Ike:
    Maybe change the hair texture and eye textures back to their defaults if you messed with them? Can't quite tell from the screens, but it looks like his hair is more purple.
    Maybe change the colour of the boots to be more like his shoulder pad / chest pad thing too, a bit more brown would look quite good on this texture I think.
    And finally as Xeno said, tweak the saturation.

For Wario:
    First of all, don't change Wario's logo to that old M. P:M doesn't even use that logo anymore, so it'd be unfitting to use such an old thing for a Project M recolour project.

Second, is the goal of this texture to make a purple Wario costume, or a black one? This applies to a few other textures in the Mirage series, you guys should choose a main colour and make it stick out. As a good example, on PK-Thunder's Ike, at a glance you can clearly tell it's a purple Ike since there are no competing colours, and the other colours there (brown, blue) are subtle and help compliment the main body. With Wario, the purple and black are very similar, making neither stick out. The shoes should be a different colour too, you can barely tell they're separate.

Finally, make sure not to add random bits of white into the texture as well. It sticks out yes, but not in a good way. It's bringing more attention to the white bits than the rest of the texture as it is now.

For reference, here are the Brawl colours:

Notice how the colour of the shirt and overalls are different, yet contrast well in a way that they compliment each other? Try a colour that isn't black on the overalls, and maybe brighten up the purple on his shirt / cap a bit.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »

awww snap, it's taiko.

I didn't mess with the hair color or the eye color, as that wouldn't give it an "official" feeling.
    I've noticed that ike's blue, red, and default skins have slightly different hair colors and I think I used default. But if it's an issue, I can change the hair to better match without making it look like it's unofficial.

As for the brown idea (here we go again), I'll make another Ike similar to this one with your suggestion and compare the two.

I'll have previews of both by tomorrow.

Edit: OK. I  desaturated both wolf and Ike's purple by 30 points each and they do look fabulous.

as for the tan Ike idea: in order for it to work, I would have to completely rebalance the color scheme by shifting colors around. While I don't really mind doing that, I would much rather finish the one I'm working on first.
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:25:32 AM by PK-Thunder » Logged

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: September 03, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »

bump.

clear for upload or no?

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
    Print
    Jump to: