Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: The New Project Mirage Recolor Thread!  (Read 79128 times)
Nezha B. Rose
Guardian of Pokemon Mods
Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: June 30, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »

Xenozoa is challenging my texturing skills...

A xenozoa seal of approval is an important thing...

NoFun
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: July 01, 2014, 11:03:17 AM »

Last pictures before release:

I want to know which one is your favorite:

Grey vs White

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: July 01, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »

they both look good. I personally prefer the ZSS on the left.

as for the Mario bros. before you release them, plz darken the gloves by about 10 points.
    it just that it looks like your looking at the sun. :p

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: July 02, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »

@ZSS: I'd say go in between white and that shade of grey, but with a very small amount of blue as well.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »

Okay guys, a small update on why I haven't been able to get in game previews: I misplaced my SD card reader and now I need to buy a new one. Once I have that, previews for everyone! (yay!!)

Also, since lucario is a blue Pokemon, I feel like his mirage needs to be shifted away from red and more towards the blue side. Will do that.

I've made a darker fox alternate because reasons.

Rob looks okay as I haven't gotten previews for him yet. I tried to base him on the purple GameCube but I added gold gears and such.

Edit: I'm going to base him completely on the indigo GameCube.
    « Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:40:33 PM by PK-Thunder » Logged

Martyr
    Expert Kitten

What you do with life determines who you are.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 12:12:25 AM »

I noticed Mewtwo wasn't taken. I am taking him them. Also, this is my Mirage Mewtwo as of right now.
    I am not too sure how to make Mewtwo more mirage than he is, so I made his tail more purple and put a slight tint of purple over his whole body. If you guys have an idea for Mewtwo, let me know.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »

well, it happened again. This is the second time an anti virus nuked my work.

no complaints, I just have to start everything over. minor setback.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:43:15 PM by PK-Thunder » Logged

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:21 PM »

I noticed Mewtwo wasn't taken. I am taking him them. Also, this is my Mirage Mewtwo as of right now.
    I am not too sure how to make Mewtwo more mirage than he is, so I made his tail more purple and put a slight tint of purple over his whole body. If you guys have an idea for Mewtwo, let me know.

ok Martyr, that Mewtwo just looks almost like the default color, what we're going on with mostly, is giving darker color schemes to the characters.
    what i think you can do, is look up some other darker or purple Pokémon or other similar characters and use it as inspiration, but like someone said before, the bad thing is that Mewtwo has only 2 color options: body and tail, so, choose wisely

well, it happened again. This is the second time an anti virus nuked my work.

no complaints, I just have to start everything over. minor setback.

aw that's bad, maybe you should start working while having backups on a USB or something. Did you upload something prior to that? by any chance?

What exactly does this thread do?

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: July 10, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »

ok Martyr, that Mewtwo just looks almost like the default color, what we're going on with mostly, is giving darker color schemes to the characters.
    what i think you can do, is look up some other darker or purple Pokémon or other similar characters and use it as inspiration, but like someone said before, the bad thing is that Mewtwo has only 2 color options: body and tail, so, choose wisely

In addition, DON'T MAKE MEWTWO A GRAPE.

Honestly, it irks me beyond my hatred for spies. You have to make him feel natural you know? The scheme is fine as it is, you know have to add some sort of unique factor into it.

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »

I did a thing.

Whipped it up in about an hour. Still need to fix a few things. Really iffy on the scarf, can't seem to find the "right" color. Cyan and blue don't look right, and neither does indigo or magenta. I think yellow/gold is probably the best bet for now, because it gives him a little bit of warmth, but if all else fails a light grey might do the trick.

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »

I did a thing.

Whipped it up in about an hour. Still need to fix a few things. Really iffy on the scarf, can't seem to find the "right" color. Cyan and blue don't look right, and neither does indigo or magenta. I think yellow/gold is probably the best bet for now, because it gives him a little bit of warmth, but if all else fails a light grey might do the trick.

ye, that thing is neat
    imo, a desaturated brown or wine scarf would fit nice while still giving him that bit f warmth you want (after all it's a scarf, get it?)
    i already feel like making a Smash 3 version out of that!

btw, when the mirage samus revamp starts, do you think using Dark Samus as inspiration could work?

What exactly does this thread do?

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 08:56:07 PM »

I kinda like the yellow scarf tbh. And I actually might revert the belts back to brown so that the contrast to the black and purple is more distinguishable, cause they blend into the body too much as is.

I can try and do a Dark Samus-esque revamp for Samus, but I won't make any guarantees that it'll look good.

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: July 13, 2014, 11:33:25 PM »

So heres my Falcon. Finally found time to post it up.
    As I said said, I decided to go with more of the gold and brown accents. Looks far less monotone. I tweaked the helmet only slightly since I really feel the helmet should maintain at least a hint of red, but im not married to the idea. I was thinking blue might be better... I tried brown for the helmet but..eh...ugh...

I have some a few gripes about it but nothing major, I'm mainly curious what you guys think.

Kinda hoping I would be able to post mine before Xenozoa posted his, ah well. I really hope its to everyones liking.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:38:16 PM by Dio » Logged

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #73 on: July 14, 2014, 03:30:17 AM »

Well Dio, I love the fact that you took Brawl's color scheme for him and went with a reddish color for his helmet to work with the purple. However, I am not sure how the inside color plays into all of this. I can see that it matches with the helmet and suit, but it downright clashes in my opinion. Both parts of this gloves stray too far apart in color to seem to work together for a "Mirage" feel. Now, I myself am not too experienced with matching certain colors and what looks best where, but I wanted to give you feed back on my pov. Those are my only gripes about this.

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:44 PM »

So then... shall we put it to a vote?

Obskore vs Xenozoa vs Dio

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11
    Print
    Jump to: