Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: The New Project Mirage Recolor Thread!  (Read 79146 times)
UmbraVivens
Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #75 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:34 AM »

Dio's Falcon just doesn't look mirage enough, he has purple on his suit, but that's not all he needs. I'm not sure about how to explain but, he's lacking a dark feeling, it doesn't blend with the rest of characters done so far
    Xeno's looks nice enough, but if he wants to tweak it, then ok
    i think i'll remake mine without the dumb patterns and let the people vote if they agree with it

speaking of Falcon...

the hype is real

What exactly does this thread do?

Martyr
    Expert Kitten

What you do with life determines who you are.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 12:31:30 AM »

ok Martyr, that Mewtwo just looks almost like the default color, what we're going on with mostly, is giving darker color schemes to the characters.
    what i think you can do, is look up some other darker or purple Pokémon or other similar characters and use it as inspiration, but like someone said before, the bad thing is that Mewtwo has only 2 color options: body and tail, so, choose wisely
    I know it looks similar to original Mewtwo, but I wanted to mainly just say I am taking him and attemting him. He is tricky to do, considering he is already purple. I just did a slight change because it is a tricky project to attemt IMO.
    In addition, DON'T MAKE MEWTWO A GRAPE.

Honestly, it irks me beyond my hatred for spies. You have to make him feel natural you know? The scheme is fine as it is, you know have to add some sort of unique factor into it.
    I never wanted him to look like a grape. The way Mewtwo is designed makes him hard to re-color, but I had some ideas and wanted to consult with the group before I attemt them.
    1. There still is Armored Mewtwo. We could do something with the armor, but I really want an original Mirage Mewtwo but if we have to use Armored Mewtwo, give me an idea.
    2. I had the idea of giving him a texture similar to Mirage Snake's grid design(I might not make it a grid, maybe like hexagons or something) to add a little flavor to make him "pop" if you will.
    Thoughts?

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 12:48:29 AM »

I know it looks similar to original Mewtwo, but I wanted to mainly just say I am taking him and attemting him. He is tricky to do, considering he is already purple. I just did a slight change because it is a tricky project to attemt IMO.I never wanted him to look like a grape. The way Mewtwo is designed makes him hard to re-color, but I had some ideas and wanted to consult with the group before I attemt them.
    1. There still is Armored Mewtwo. We could do something with the armor, but I really want an original Mirage Mewtwo but if we have to use Armored Mewtwo, give me an idea.
    2. I had the idea of giving him a texture similar to Mirage Snake's grid design(I might not make it a grid, maybe like hexagons or something) to add a little flavor to make him "pop" if you will.
    Thoughts?

Okay, you don't have to have purple as a primary color. Your options for Mewtwo's tail are violet, midnight, and/or black to give it a mirage feeling. For his main body, I suggest giving a light tint of blue, gray, or simply leave as the purple tint. Coffe or charcoal are good colors for the armor. 

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: July 15, 2014, 01:24:21 AM »

Thoughts?

Don't add a grid or any pattern to him, that'll make it "pop", just not in a good way.

I remember someone (Xeno?) suggesting something like this for Mewtwo, but no one ever did it:
    It takes inspiration from Shadow Lugia's colour scheme, so you can incorporate that to make it really different from the default. I think it's worth trying it, at least.

So then... shall we put it to a vote?

Obskore vs Xenozoa vs Dio

I like yours Xeno. Dio's is nice too, though!

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: July 15, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »

Boy you guys dont skip a beat do you? I was still fixing up mine!
    But I guess this'll be the last version then. So ok I fixed up the tones, I realized how much my Falcon was kinda looking like the N64 Falcon so I scrapped gold accents and went for a more blended look.

I decided to go with cooler colors all around and I finally managed to get in game pics. I should say that I made the body a bit bluer then the pics suggest but its only a tad so its only just noticeable. So ya here it is;

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »

I like the way that the helmet looks with the purple on the outfit this time around; falcon just seems better. quick notes: something should be done with the forearms and boots, the scarf is a big no-no, and the cyan on the inside of the collar distracts from the rest of the costume and takes away from the overall feel.

Not gonna lie though, Falcon is one of the harder characters to do (like IKE *ahem*), so I'm not complaining.

speaking of Ike, I just can't seem to figure out the right saturation/lightning balance for Ike's boots. Not to worry. the last update was completely wiped, so now I get to start a clean slate with better textures. LETS GO!

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: July 15, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »

Three captns?  Interesting

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: July 15, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »

This ship ain't big enough for the three of us after all.

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: July 16, 2014, 12:27:12 AM »

So just found this on goggle;
    Thought it was kinda funny since the color scheme looks very much like my own.

Looking at this picture It seems going with a lighter scarf might have been the way to go.
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:36:44 AM by Dio » Logged

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: July 23, 2014, 10:11:59 PM »

Made a couple small adjustments to hue and light/darkness in some parts.

I have a download link set up already (including portraits) but will not post it nor upload it on the Vault unless it gets the green light from Obskore.

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:26 AM »

it's allright, me likes, it looks soooo cool, you got the perfect vibe :D
    downloading ASAP

What exactly does this thread do?

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: July 24, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205206

http://www.dropbox.com/s/wyq2iy6wn51glpk/Mirage%20Captain%20Falcon%20Alternative.zip

There ya go.

NoFun
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #87 on: July 26, 2014, 11:02:46 PM »

Mario and Luigi uploaded:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205259
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205260

EDIT: I made a CSP in case anyone wants it:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:31:10 PM by NoFun » Logged

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #88 on: July 27, 2014, 12:02:13 AM »

I made one for NoFun's Luigi in case anyone wants it.

Martyr
    Expert Kitten

What you do with life determines who you are.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »

Okay, you don't have to have purple as a primary color. Your options for Mewtwo's tail are violet, midnight, and/or black to give it a mirage feeling. For his main body, I suggest giving a light tint of blue, gray, or simply leave as the purple tint. Coffe or charcoal are good colors for the armor. 
    I remember someone (Xeno?) suggesting something like this for Mewtwo, but no one ever did it:
    It takes inspiration from Shadow Lugia's colour scheme, so you can incorporate that to make it really different from the default. I think it's worth trying it, at least.

Okay, been working on Mirage Mewtwo and I have some things to say, and show.
    First, the Shadow Lugia inspired Mewtwo has basically already been made. (Vibrant Mewtwo's Midnight Alternate Skin)
    Also, I took others ideas and it is becoming an odd project to work with. Here are some things I have came up with. I wanted to put a little more purple tint around the whole body, but it just looks more black IMO. If we want to use white, we could put a lot more purple on Mewtwo to make it stick out(Like White 2), but someone dislikes the idea of making him a "grape.". Also, his head and body are two separate textures, so if we want more color diversity, we can use that. I wanted to throw around an idea of a "shadow" inspired Mirage Mewtwo because of the suggestion, so here you go.
    White 1

Black 1

Grey 1

White 2

Black 2

Grey 2

Midnite Purple 1

Midnite Purple 2
    And for an Armored Mewtwo, I really don't want to resort to it because Armored Mewtwo is not any of the team colors, so to have one team's Mewtwo stick out is not right IMO.
    Now that I have everything I currently have on for show, thoughts?

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11
    Print
    Jump to: