Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: The New Project Mirage Recolor Thread!  (Read 79131 times)
PK-Thunder
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: January 08, 2015, 02:09:33 AM »

Guys. I promise I haven't forgotten about this project.

The deal is that I need to get a laptop charger because I lost mine.
    I'm still passionate about this project.

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: January 08, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »

well as i said, i'm spoiled by the Smash 3 style and i've quite lost interest in doing skinsand recolors based on the vBrawl style, but i'd be glad to keep this up when the full Smash 3 update comes out to make Mirage versions of those
    i'm also glad you still showed up even after all the inactivity in this thread, i was worried about if we were dying, it's like a little sprinkle of light during a blackout ;w;

What exactly does this thread do?

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: January 27, 2015, 10:04:52 AM »

hey guess what? I was serious.

Changelog:

I shifted the purple more towards red to better blend in with the gold.

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #153 on: February 02, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »

Oh, hey, I made a Warioware Wario swap. I didn't make it with this project in mind, but I made one. I'll submit it once I'm unlazy. Comes with a CSP.
    hey guess what? I was serious.

Changelog:

I shifted the purple more towards red to better blend in with the gold.

BEAUTIFUL.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: February 27, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »

eww gross.

after looking at the costume in-game, the purple needs to be shifted back towards blue and desaturated, and The gold needs to be desaturated as well.

I was going for a "mixes well with each other" type look, but this needs more of a "contrasts well with each other" touch. it looks gross atm.

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: March 09, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »

That's precisely why I said you should stick around indigo/midnight blue for your primary colors, rather than deviate from a basic formula too far.

The gold doesn't look good either, but neither does all silver... but dark grey might work.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: March 20, 2015, 08:17:18 AM »

Consistency, gents!

Follow the patterns stated by the vBrawls cast, not the PM cast.

You guys are the offspring of the UTRP, therefore you must compete with them, in order to do that, you must follow their footsteps in order to achieve semi-perfection! (lets face it, no recolor project will achieve perfect looking colors on ALL the characters would it?)

"But Scout! You know nothing about recolors! You think pink is purple and your purple is violet! You are colorblind blablahblah"

And? I've been surrounded by many recolor talk to know the... um... habits? Yeah, habits.

I will say this though: do what Taiko suggests, but keep the "alt". I like it too much.

Error 1: It may be true that having more is better, but you guys only have ONE color slot, only ONE purple slot. Alts will make the player harder to choose which color do they want, and also limits any possible probability for pack making.

I was going for a "mixes well with each other" type look, but this needs more of a "contrasts well with each other" touch. it looks gross atm.

Error 2: That is great, but your canvas is limited. The UTPK only added one color if they needed it in order to blend their characters well, usually the extra color works for the characters details, not as a secondary color like you did with ROB, don't be shy to use other colors on your canvas to make it more unique and less simple.

Seriously, your canvas is extremely limited.

Project M already has that kind of costume.

Error 3: You guys have a really limited canvas, don't limit yourselves more.

I'm okay wtih the release, but taiko and xeno are very important members of this project and they might disagree with me.

Error 4:  You guys have to learn not to be overly dependent of them... and that is what I noticed the most!

"I did this, now I wait for Xeno and Taiko to tell me what I did wrong and not do anything for now."

Seriously, why don't you guys modify your alts ideas and create multiple shades of your characters instead of one shooting them all the time? Like, have 4 tlinks, add a bit of red to this one, desat that one, sat the other one, make the 4th one a grape. It gives you a better chance of nailing it closer than one shooting.

(making xeno happy is kinda hard, which is great.)

Error 5: Xeno is never happy, because he's secretly the evil "America's got Talent" judge.

well as i said, i'm spoiled by the Smash 3 style and i've quite lost interest in doing skinsand recolors based on the vBrawl style, but i'd be glad to keep this up when the full Smash 3 update comes out to make Mirage versions of those

Error 6: If you make mirage smash 3, this project will no longer be a recolor thread, but rather a retexture thread.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:20:46 AM by Scout » Logged

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: March 20, 2015, 09:39:52 PM »

Nah I'm not that too hard to impress, it's just that purple so happens to be one of those colors I really don't care for too much... with some exceptions.

But like Scout said, you're at a point where you can't rely on other people's opinions for everything. Otherwise, it wouldn't even be your recolor project if we're the ones calling all the shots for everything.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: March 21, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »

Canvas

Disclaimer, every time I said canvas, I meant color pallete.  Tongue

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #159 on: April 10, 2015, 12:10:50 PM »

Though I am nearing the end of my Spring Break, I should have time to buckle down and add some content into this. More like a complete overhaul on all of those I have done so far. I shall also be making renders. If you want one done, you can contact me via messages. Or you know, follow Taiko's render tutorial in his sig  Awesome Face

Eksampull uf mai werk

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #160 on: April 21, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »

Hey guys! I didn't necessarily make this item with Project Mirage in mind, but my li'l item fits it well: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208285

Any criticism? As you could probably see, I just switched a few of the colours on the "white" and "red" palette swap, it bothered me how similar they were. Then I added purple to the "white" one so it could Project M.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: July 04, 2015, 12:58:17 AM »

Lol sup nerds. As I've gotten more mature, so has my understanding of how colors can work together. This rob is bad, like, very bad lol. Atm, I don't have the necessary tools to work on him, maybe later.

Also I'll be more professional my writing/typing when it's not the 4th. Happy independence day!

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: October 25, 2015, 02:45:53 PM »

Holy moly there's nobody in this thread anymore.

Bummer. More than half of these I'm willing to download.

I also have portraits for the mirage ike and a secondary with a white cape if anyone's interested.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #163 on: November 17, 2015, 02:14:07 PM »

Holy moly there's nobody in this thread anymore.

Bummer. More than half of these I'm willing to download.

I also have portraits for the mirage ike and a secondary with a white cape if anyone's interested.

Smash 4 made Brawl modding take a big hit. With the exception of back-porting and whatnot. DLC helps the model and PSA community and PM is becoming less relevant. I am still able to work on this as I have gotten better at texture manipulation. As far as this group goes... Well everyone left after a while. Quite a handful are already leaving Brawl modding behind. I choose not to because I like rigging and testing myself. Brawl by far is one of the hardest Wii games to rig models over due to rotations and number of bones.

I guess I can update a handful of the ones I've started.

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11]
    Print
    Jump to: