Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BrawlEX Limits?  (Read 2710 times)
The Concept
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:28:07 AM »

Is there a limit to how many BrawlEX characters can be added to the CSS? I started at 3F and I just got to character slot 44. Now it could be something wrong with the slot or character overload. If I sit in the SSS for more than 5 seconds, I get a hard freeze, no matter which characters I pick. If I can choose a stage before 5 seconds is up, I can play, but I can't be in the SSS for longer than that. I was at character slot 43 before and it worked fine. However once I added in another character, making the roster up to slot 44, I had this issue. I know it's not the character in slot 44 because it's happened once before when slots 43 and 44 were different characters than they are now. Slots 3F to 42 haven't changed in a long time. I'm pretty sure it's a BrawlEX issue or user error, because I haven't changed anything else today. I'm going to run some more tests, but help would be greatly appreciated.

"Embrace your dreams, and... whatever happens, protect your honor..." ~Zack Fair

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:41:14 AM »

The limit with CSS naturally is 50 characters, and with the CSS expansion it's 100 characters. I've no idea of what may be wrong, though.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

The Concept
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:49:14 AM »

I believed the same thing. I don't get it.  I'm also using Classic Expansion Pack for stages.  So that may be a problem,  but I can't see how that would be it. I removed the slot 44 from the Css, and it works fine now. So I know it is something with that slot. I kind of need that slot though .

"Embrace your dreams, and... whatever happens, protect your honor..." ~Zack Fair

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:00:26 AM »

I know that slot 58 is sketchy, not sure why 44 is acting up... What version of BrawlEx are you using?

Also, stage expansion shouldn't be a problem... Although you may be using a different version then I am, I dunno...
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:01:17 AM by Kitsu-chan » Logged

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

The Concept
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 08:32:06 AM »

Version 1.2.0.0.
    My next test is to add another mario slot, making the number CSS the same as when slot 44 was in. If it freezes, then I know it's the number of CSS slots that's doing it.

If that doesn't freeze, then I'll move the character that is assigned to slot44 to slot45 and test that.

Lightning Farron
    The Savior
    Special Access

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »

I've never had a problem with spot 44, but you could just skip over it and continue until you run out. Then, I guess you could go back and try 44. Smiley

And I remember reading somewhere that your have to replace something inside the common5 but I don't exactly know what it is. I think it's to help expand the CSS.

The Concept
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 10:19:03 AM »

I just tested this with a new character on slot 45, skipping 44 entirely. Same error. The addition of a new slot causes my CSS to create a new row. Perhaps it may have something to do with that...

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: