Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Metal Mario PSA  (Read 5361 times)
Chaotix37
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »

Metal Mario Crashes Into Battle!!
Yes, Mario's heavy weight, iron clad rival enters the fray!!
This is my first hack, so don't expect anything too fancy.  I would also like to say that this isn't completely my own PSA.  I used edx's Metal Mario PSA as a base, and changed some moves from that.
Being made made of metal, Metal Mario is very heavy and very slow.  Most of his attacks are still the same speed as Mario's, but his movement speed is greatly reduced.  He cannot jump as high and falls much faster than his organic counter part, but he is also more powerful.
Now for the moves!!  Essentially all of Metal Mario's regular moves remain unchanged from regualr Mario, but some are slightly powered up.  His specials are where I made the biggest changes.  He retains his hat boomerang attack from edx's PSA, though it is now his side special move and is slightly less powerful than before.  His down special on the ground is still the Mario Tornado.  Originally, his down special in the air was a ground pound, but now it's the same as on the ground.  The reason I removed the ground pound from his down special is because of his new up special.  Metal Mario leaps into the air in a manner very similar to Mario's super jump punch, but when he reaches the peak of his jump, Metal Mario does a quick flip and comes crashing back down in a ground pound.  If you do this from high enough in the air, Metal Mario will bury his opponents in the gound.  His neutral special is where I did the most work.  When you press the special button, Metal Mario begins winding up his fist and then unleashes a very powerful flaming punch.  This move has slower start-up than the Falcon Punch, but it's even stronger, so it requires proper timing to land.
Well that's pretty much it for the changes.  I hope to make more changes in the future, so I'll take any feedback and ideas that you guys have!!
Here's a little video preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTug4y9l0XE
And here's the link to the download:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204817

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:35:23 PM by Chaotix37 » Logged

LucinaSuitSamus
Advanced Kitten

Speak no feeling, no I don't believe you

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »

Nice job!   I really like your Metal Mario!

Especially the boomerang hat.  I've always disliked Mario's inability to use projectiles, but I guess he was more of an up-close fighter anyways.

And I noticed the Mario tornado also has a fire effect.  It's nice.

Just one question: Metal Mario is slower than Mario, right?  I only got to see him run around a couple of times, but it wasn't much.

Chaotix37
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »

Thanks!!  Smiley  But credit for the hat boomerang has to go to edx.  And yes, hes much slower than Mario.

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »

You should remove the sounds from Mario. I believe there is a way to to do that in the PSA program.

Chaotix37
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 09:01:38 AM »

Actually, would it be possible to replace some of his sounds, (mostly the walking sounds), with the metal sounds?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »

im pretty sure that the metal mario psa you used as a basae used mariodk's dr mario since it has the exact same wait and hat throw thing.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Chaotix37
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »

Well the wait animation was easy to change, in psa I changed his wait1 animation to win2wait.  The original Metal Mario I used had Mario's regular wait animation.
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:54:01 PM by Chaotix37 » Logged

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »

Not going to lie, this is one of the most original PSAs i've seen in a minute. Everyone is off making generic characters 1, 2, and 3. It's good to see something like this, refreshing even.

Chaotix37
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 04:10:32 AM »

Thanks, Im glad you like it!  I was really trying to make him a different sort of fighter.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: