Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: brawlex csp freeze [solved]  (Read 4292 times)
obliterator
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 22, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »

Ok so i followed a tutorial on how to add CSPs for clones, i have 2 clones, their new CSPs appeared in the character selection screen, but as soon as i select one the game freezes, so i deleted everything and started all over in case i missed something but the same thing happened, i can't seem to find the reason for this. The selcharacter file is below size limit and the extra BRResource packs are named properly (MiscData[110] and MiscData[111]).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:40:31 PM by obliterator » Logged

"When the moon is full and the trees are bare- Walk through the Cemetery if you dare. Where skeletons rot and corpses fester- Locate to the tomb with the skull of a Jester. Feed him the token all shiny and new- It is then that CarnEvil will return for YOU!"

SUPAHSAWNIK99
Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »

Did you follow every single step? I did it one clone at a time, and I have 11 clones! OK, it sounds like you didn't change your Cosmetic Configs. Open up your Hex editor, on the first bit of the 2nd row, change the first clones ID (3F) to 6E, for the second clone, it would be "6F"

Or, did you change your BRResourse files compression to LZ77 or ExtendeLZ77?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

obliterator
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »

First time i did every single step, at the second try i skipped the franchise mark part and left the one that was set by default in the cosmetic file. I did both clones at the same time so i guess i'll try one by one next time.

The cosmetic config IDs are set correctly.

About the compression yes, the extra BRResourse files are set to compression ExtendedLZ77, i also set the rest of my normal characters to this compression to save some space, but they work normally, i don't think this is what's causing problems to the clones?

"When the moon is full and the trees are bare- Walk through the Cemetery if you dare. Where skeletons rot and corpses fester- Locate to the tomb with the skull of a Jester. Feed him the token all shiny and new- It is then that CarnEvil will return for YOU!"

SUPAHSAWNIK99
Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:18 PM »

Did you check the file size? It has a limit of 3.79

obliterator
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:52:17 PM »

yes, it was below the limit even before compressing

Post Merge: July 23, 2014, 12:22:45 PM
I did everything again, only one clone, following this tutorial: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67591.0

Only did part 1, so the icon in CSS should appear and i should be able to select it and see its CSPs, and since i only did this part the game should only freeze when i select a stage. But instead the icon in the CSS did appear, but after hovering near it the game freezes
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:22:46 PM by obliterator » Logged

SUPAHSAWNIK99
Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »

There is a part two, that needs Battle Portraits, Results screen Portraits, and franchise Icons. Did you watch that one?

obliterator
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »

yes, i already watched that tutorial twice and checked all my files for errors, but this time i only did part 1 to see if there was any problem there, in the video version of the tutorial they explain that if you only do part 1 the game will freeze when you select a stage (which would mean that up until character selection screen the game should load the icons and show the CSPs properly and only freeze in stage select screeen, as it happend in the video, but in my case it freezes when selecting a character, which means it doens't make a difference if i also make part 2, the problem must be in the first part of the tutorial)

Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 12:39:55 PM
I finnaly fixed it, somehow i named the CSP wrong, i named it MenSelchrChrFace.1101 instead of MenSelchrFaceB.1101 xD
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:39:55 PM by obliterator » Logged

SUPAHSAWNIK99
Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »

That would explain it. And, caps do matter. One time, my game crashed when I had one costume named incorrectly, just because of a misplaced capital letter. Tongue

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: