Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it possible to replace a character with a pre-exisiting one?  (Read 1804 times)
Persona-Aya
Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:53 PM »

Hello everyone!

Here's something that's been weighing on my mind - I enjoy most of the characters in Brawl, but there are a few I would like to swap out with a different PSA. However, it always seems that the characters I want to swap out don't have a PSA that really interests me, but the characters I love have PSA's I'd really like to included in game.

Is there any way to place a PSA designed for one character (eg 2D Marisa PSA designed for Lucas) over another character by swapping out the non-wanted character (eg Wolf) for a copy of the original character (Lucas in this example)? I'm guessing if it's possible it has something to do with rel. files, but I've never worked with rel character files.

I'm not even sure if this is possible, but if it is it would complete my life! Kirby Dance

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »

I once tested this by exporting Link as a .dae, then importing him over Kirby, and checking all 3 of the checkboxes on the left("Force Float..."), and then in the textures panel, I added/replaced the textures corresponding to Link. The results were, I could do any move I wanted as Kirby with the Link skin, but the bones stretched differently; also, when I tried to do the same thing with Knuckles(PSA) and Zelda, both of them froze, from too large of a file and different bones; so, importing characters over other characters, you must make sure that the bones are the same, make sure that the lengths between the bones is the same, or close enough(To not result in weird stretches), and make sure that the file is small enough(Less than the original file's filesize).

Makarew
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »

Use the plug and play .rel files. It requires very little work to use. There's a few more you can get from BrawlEx, which uses the same modules.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »

It's not as simple as that. Since the 2D Marisa PSA was made over Lucas as a base, you would need to use a P&P rel in order to get her over a different character that is not Lucas.

I once tested this by exporting Link as a .dae, then importing him over Kirby, and checking all 3 of the checkboxes on the left("Force Float..."), and then in the textures panel, I added/replaced the textures corresponding to Link. The results were, I could do any move I wanted as Kirby with the Link skin, but the bones stretched differently; also, when I tried to do the same thing with Knuckles(PSA) and Zelda, both of them froze, from too large of a file and different bones; so, importing characters over other characters, you must make sure that the bones are the same, make sure that the lengths between the bones is the same, or close enough(To not result in weird stretches), and make sure that the file is small enough(Less than the original file's filesize).
    Stop talking out of your ass. That is not what this user is asking.

Use the plug and play .rel files. It requires very little work to use. There's a few more you can get from BrawlEx, which uses the same modules.
    This is what you're looking for. Thank you for giving a real answer.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:48:24 PM »

Thanks everyone!

Will the fact that I play the PAL version affect any of this? I know that when I was dealing with stage rel files I needed to have the PAL rel files, as any NTSC-U file automatically froze my Wii.

This looks complicated, but I'm sure I can figure it out if I work on it. I'm in the middle of setting up cbliss so I'll hit this as soon as I finish that project.

Thanks for your help everyone! Kirby Dance

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 02:55:45 PM »

Yes. PAL and NTSC use different rels, SFX, and gct codes. Unfortunately, PAL hasn't been getting much attention lately.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 08:09:08 PM »

I'm not too worried about SFX, and so long as I don't need impossibly hard to find GCT codes I should be okay.

Speaking from experience, would you say the process of establishing plug and play rel files is difficult? Do I need the base character rel files from my Wii iso (easily obtainable)?

Kirby Dance

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »

You'll have to speak to someone else about that, since I only know so much when it comes to rels. Though I'm not sure if there are even any P&P rels for PAL users.

Ask on this thread, since you're more likely to get an answer there. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »

I'll do just that. Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it
    Kirby Dance

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: