Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So to add a character with a unique moveset,you have to replace an existing one?  (Read 1772 times)
DBol
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:29:20 AM »

Sorry for the dumb question. I have 0 knowledge of any of this so I've been trying to find these answers but it's overwhelming lol. Any help is greatly appreciated. First thing I learned is I need an HD card and a USB reader to plug it into my Mac.

But anyway, for example if I want Bomberman with a custom moveset I need to for example, get rid of Snake to have a unique moveset Bomberman that isn't just a copied moveset of Snake?

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »

Yes, you would "replace" it(Make Brawl think it's replaced), but if you made the PSA with Snake's boneset, you could still use Snake with that PSA, but all of the skins would have the same PSA.

DBol
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:18:55 PM »

I'm sorry, what does PSA stand for? Lol yeah wicked noob here.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:20:48 PM »

I have no idea; I don't do any PSAs or anything; I just do texture hacks and will eventually do imports; I only know that about PSAs because I have like 5 characters that have a new PSA with more than just one character rigged over the same bones. Also, PSAs are the animations of the characters.

DBol
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:24:17 PM »

I have no idea; I don't do any PSAs or anything; I just do texture hacks and will eventually do imports; I only know that about PSAs because I have like 5 characters that have a new PSA with more than just one character rigged over the same bones. Also, PSAs are the animations of the characters.

Ahh okay. So I could replace Snake with a Bomberman PSA and change his moves, but then all alternate costumes for "Bomberman" would be the new moves I assigned him?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 12:27:13 PM »

Ahh okay. So I could replace Snake with a Bomberman PSA and change his moves, but then all alternate costumes for "Bomberman" would be the new moves I assigned him?

Yes; and, if the bones are the same as Snake's, you'll be able to have Snake as alternate costumes, too.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »

In order to make a PSA, you will need a base character to make your moveset over. You'll also need to build your planned moveset around the limitations Brawl has at the moment.

Here's a thread that lists the current things that are and are not possible at this time. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66670.0

Yes, you would "replace" it(Make Brawl think it's replaced), but if you made the PSA with Snake's boneset, you could still use Snake with that PSA, but all of the skins would have the same PSA.
    Yes; and, if the bones are the same as Snake's, you'll be able to have Snake as alternate costumes, too.
    Where the [censored] did you get bones from? He's asking about moveset building, not alternate costumes.

Also, PSAs are the animations of the characters.
    Stop talking out from your ass please. You are giving this new user misinformation.

I'm sorry, what does PSA stand for? Lol yeah wicked noob here.
    Project Smash Attacks. It's the name of a program that can edit character moveset files, so the community adopted the name PSA whenever someone makes a moveset edit to a character.

I have no idea; I don't do any PSAs or anything;
    Then don't answer PSA questions.

I only know that about PSAs because I have like 5 characters that have a new PSA with more than just one character rigged over the same bones.
    Having PSAs =/= knowing about PSAs.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

DBol
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »

Thank you so much!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: