Poll
Question: Whose Idea Do You Like Best?
Mr.Misfortune - 5 (26.3%)
Windhunter7 - 1 (5.3%)
Meh - 4 (21.1%)
What is this even? - 9 (47.4%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: A Brawl With Original Characters Only  (Read 37077 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #60 on: August 04, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »

I'd like to say I coul, but this one is really hard, and O can't model. by the way, I could try vertexing, just say me what hack should I use as base

Actually, I looked at the models of the original Brawl characters, and I should be able to use Snake as the base person(With his belt and equipment polygon vertexed to only have his belt, which I can do, or I most likely can do that effect with just a texture.), Pit's tenth polygon, with only one disc visible(The rest vertexed to behind the faces), for the shield, and Marth's or Ike's cape as the cape for the character. I'll still need a hood, a spear, gloves, and boots(Which I can probably vertex from Snake), and I might have difficulty putting Marth's/Ike's cape and Pit's disc on Snake, and I wouldn't know how to resize the disc before exporting, to make it his shield, as well as repositioning it.

EDIT: I can vertex edit the objects in Blender to resize and reposition them if they're not aligned properly(Like Pit's bracer-things.)
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:03:44 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »

Looks like the man's got a plan.

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: August 04, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »

Hey Windhunter, how do you import the models.into bkender, ad what version are you using?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2014, 05:16:59 PM »

Hey Windhunter, how do you import the models.into bkender, ad what version are you using?

I use the latest version of Blender, and I use this tutorial of mine: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=68657 , which uses the original tutorial, with me adding tips and filling in blank spots from the tutorial.(I believe it was SharpHackz' tutorial)

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: August 04, 2014, 05:30:05 PM »

I use 2.6 and this gkitches when I import dae. I will dowload the katest version then

Post Merge: August 04, 2014, 05:32:49 PM
    Misfortune, I am designinf more a female character and I may start doing a new background dtory. Also, I'll be late to send you Lumina because I am working at her aninations. I'd like to edit the values, but I.didn't learn how to do it yet
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:32:49 PM by Ashley and Red » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »

I use 2.6 and this gkitches when I import dae. I will dowload the katest version then

I don't know about whether or not the Blender version matters, but you can't import the .dae; you must follow the tutorial and import the .3ds into Blender after using DasDonkeyBox; then it gets imported as dots, which is why my method of importing the converted model from BRRES Viewer is helpful.

Post Merge: August 04, 2014, 05:39:03 PM
    Because then you can see which vertexes you're editing.

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: August 04, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »

ah, sorry. I thik anyone would like to import a model for me

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »

Understood, take your time.

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: August 04, 2014, 09:15:34 PM »

I...LOVE...HIM! I absolutely love him! The moment you can get some pictures going i'll grab them and put the character up on the OP. What I'm thinking is, Phantom Blade is a 3rd Party Element. He isn't a reincarnation of anyone, he's simply a man of few words(so to speak). He will be an independent man, similar to Mellow in the fact that he acts on his own accord. Despite that fact, Phantom Blade or Klein has his own motive. Maybe he came into the tournament specifically due to the fact that he knew Mellow was in the tournament. Maybe Mellow could be the guy that killed his parents or he knows the guy that did it?  There's definitely tons of room for an awesome storyline here. I'm totally down for this character. I'll also be voicing myself, though I have no idea how to do a PSA so xD. Maybe I'll just have to find one that works for him and port it over?

Great! I already have a team working on this guy, someone is doing textures, another is doing animating, I'm modeling him.

I see if I can grab a few pics when I have him in-game.
     "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows."

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 01:50:43 PM »

The only thing I need is for someone to create a PSA for Mellow Valentine, I can do the SFX myself.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: August 07, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »

Hej, Misfortune. I'm sorry I couldn't say anything before, I didn't had time to read the whole thing until now.
    I honestly think this is one of the most well thinked projects I've seen, though I didn't really check all of them. The fact you created a more dark and twisted story is also nice for me. I don't know if you know about the Twisted Metal series, but I remembered that reading your story: a villain with demonic powers promising rewards that are hardly fulfilled and death the losers.

Or the loop thing you mentioned is actually something that can have a deep plot involved.  Smiley And I agree with Windhunter said that ideas should be combined. If those who want to contribute have their ideas implemented, they will have more motivation to work on this.

But I admit the project is a bit ambitious. Replacing every character with original characters is something that may take years of work. I'm not trying to make you give up this idea, because if it suceeds, will probably become something well known around, as the work needed is huge.

An idea that I don't even know if is possible doing (because I didn't try it), would be replacing the subspace emissary movies with original animations. I think brawlbox opens the movie files, but I don't know if it's able to convert movies into the brawl format.

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »

Thanks for you comments on the idea so far, it means alot. Yes I know this is no easy task, but I'm willing to put in the work for anyone else who might be interested in doing so as well. The subspace idea is actually along the lines of the plans I had for this overhaul mod. I will look into the movie thing. I hope it can be done as I'd really like to make this entire thing original if I can.

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: August 07, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »

If you go somewhere on Brawl Vault, you'll be able to find OP Movie replacements in the format THP. I think that SSE movies use the exact same format. So yes. We will be able to replace movies in the SSE.
    (I have a friend who makes animated movies, too!)

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »

If you go somewhere on Brawl Vault, you'll be able to find OP Movie replacements in the format THP. I think that SSE movies use the exact same format. So yes. We will be able to replace movies in the SSE.
    (I have a friend who makes animated movies, too!)

Any idea how to convert a common video(e.g. MP4 or MPEG) to a THP at all?

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: August 07, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »

I could find any programs for it either, when I tried

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: