Poll
Question: Whose Idea Do You Like Best?
Mr.Misfortune - 5 (26.3%)
Windhunter7 - 1 (5.3%)
Meh - 4 (21.1%)
What is this even? - 9 (47.4%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: A Brawl With Original Characters Only  (Read 37148 times)
Mr.Misfortune
Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #75 on: August 08, 2014, 03:35:28 AM »

I remember there being some hefty tutorial on how to make THP videos but I'm not sure if it's still around.

LucinaSuitSamus
    Advanced Kitten

Speak no feeling, no I don't believe you

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: August 08, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »

Hey, just wanted to pop in and apologize for not posting in such a long while.

But, my honors classes just ended yesterday so I think I'll be able to keep up now.  Smiley
    I'll be in Canada tomorrow, but I think I'll still be able to communicate there.

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: August 08, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »

Any idea how to convert a common video(e.g. MP4 or MPEG) to a THP at all?
    There is a tutorial on it somewhere.
    I'll search a bit more

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: August 08, 2014, 09:42:37 PM »

So, I am composing a asong theme for Lumina, a preview:

Original song: Eh? Ah, sou by Hatsune Miku

By some reason, I went with him
    Sometimes I think,why I was so foolish?
    Is that you call love?
    You used me, so you throw me away

AhI fell into this world,
    This is a nightmare
    I can't live like that!

I will resist
    I will not hesitate
    I will go
    Till the end
    I will not stop
    You'll die
    You should.never existed!

*more coming soon*

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: August 08, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »

Name is Lumina, and here her Background story:

Lumina was once a all alone girl, orphan. She had no real friends, and some people that call her a friend just want to use her. One day she met a boy  who she befriended, and sooner they were like best friends. The boy then tells her a secret: he wasn't real, he was just a illusion that cames from a painting, but he didn't want to returns, as he did a friend. He could do all for Lumjna: Even kill her. So Lumina begin her adventure inside a mix of the real world and the illusions created by oainting.

Well, I like how I wrote this...I mean, I was at school when I tought all that.

By the way, here are her special abilities:

-She can use a spell book to her aiding: she has two books,an rlemntal book for damge and a healing book, for healing.
    -She has some paintibg abilities she adquired troyght her journey: She can draw very well, turning all the sorts of paints, real Smiley
    just looking through this lol , i really like the story

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: August 09, 2014, 07:32:34 AM »

Oh, Thank you tyshy! I'm rrally glad you like it Grin

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: August 09, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »

your welcome, her story is similar to my life in some ways lol

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: August 09, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »

really? I based it inmy life speially in the part she is used. lol By the way, I will test the PSA i did for her and sooner I will upload pics and send it to you MIisfortune

Post Merge: August 09, 2014, 01:35:30 PM
    The PSA failed, but she can still use peach animations, with exception of the parasol taunt, that freezes the game..I don't know why..

Post Merge: August 09, 2014, 01:44:03 PM

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:44:05 PM by Ashley and Red » Logged

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2014, 05:40:38 PM »

The pics are looking great. Sorry for not responding anytime sooner. I was at Otakon.

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: August 10, 2014, 06:04:43 PM »

It is okay.just PM me when you are ready to take the files

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2014, 05:22:53 PM »

I'm having the sudden flash of inspiration to include a clown somewhere in this.. more on that later..

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: August 13, 2014, 02:58:06 AM »

I've been thinking hard about it and...why don't we make a few global gamplay changes that freshen up the game, eh?

EDIT: Re-did a Perfect Shield Buff

Give your Rating, Preference, and (optional) Idea to make it better.

Red = Nerfs
    Green = Buffs
    Purple = Special Case
    Blue = New Mechanic/Property/Gimmick

• Re-purpose and nerf regular shields, but buff perfect shields.

What I'm getting at here is to promote well timed strategy and punish shield spammers.
      When you shield, your shield will go under a special effect; it will no longer pull inward and degenerate, instead, now shields act like a healer, they heal you as you are shielding. However, as a side effect, shields are generally weaker, due to heavy shield DMG and shield stun. Shields will also regenerate at 1/3 speed, verrry slow.
      However, perfect shields will have 4 effects. PF Shields will be easier to time. This would mean that you will need to read your opponent as well as you can, shield accordingly, but with a better chance of actually proficiently blocking the attack. The buffs are that the opponent staggers when the are PF Shielded. This would mean that you could follow up with a combo and attack the opponent with other moves. The second buff is that PF Shields will heal you by 10%. The final buff is that PF Shields will regenerate your entire original shield.

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ ___________________________

• Add and Rework the L-cancel mechanic.

I may just sound like a sucker for SSB: Melee when I say this, but I like the L-cancel Mechanic. It adds depth to competitive play and it's over all awesomely satisfying to actually chain together combos that would normally be impossible without L-cancels.
      But enough of my rambling, on with the rework.
      L-cancels would function relatively the same as they do in SSB64. They will remove ALL Landing Lag.
      However! That only happens below 100%. At 100% percent and onwards, L-cancels only remove 1/2 of the landing lag of an attack. And then the other change, L-cancels are easier to do at lower percents, where the L-cancel window is 20 frames. (Compare that to Project M and Melee's L-Cancel, which was 7 frames), but as you gain more DMG, you lose more frames to prefom an L-Cancel. At around 120%, L-Canceling wil be Melee's 7 frame, and at 220%, you will lose L-Cancels altogether.

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ ___________________________

• DI Buff

Directional Influencewww.ssbwiki.com/Directional_influence (or DI), is a very useful technique for survival, and is very necessary for surviving powerful attacks and combos. However, it just got more useful. While Original Brawl DI only allows you to change your trajectory, This Brawl allows you to alter the speed, as well. Tapping the C-Stick now no longer acts as a second stick to change trajectory with, it now alters the speed in which you fly at. This means that you are now able to survive multiple powerful attacks with fast reaction.

• All Characters will have some type of Gimmick or Mechanic that differs them from other Characters

Self-Explanitory, but I might as well elaborate. What I mean is something that truly makes the character special. For example, in Project M, Lucario had a special mechanic where if he dealt a certain amount of DMG, he could power up 1 of his specials and do a "Super" version of it. (Super powered Neutral B was Spirit Bomb, you may have seen it in Project M combos) Other Characters would have something along those lines, keeping the character selection fresh and not just because they have different moves. It also encourages creativity with the moveset. For example, Phantom Bullet now has a Melee Air-Dodge, which allows him to wavedash. With wavedashing, he can freshen up his moveset.

• Tech Nerf

For our first true nerf on this list, it's kinda important. Teching is very useful, and is widely known to be able to save a player at 999%. However, due to the DI Buff, we have to balance this out. Teching will go under the treatment that L-canceling did. 25 Frame window to tech at 0%, 10 frame at 120%, Cannot Tech at 300%.
      Teching does increment your Shield meter though.

• Meteor Cancel Removal

Due to the DI buff, Meteor Canceling needed to be removed.

• Negative Drive

I hated how the final smash worked in Brawl. Chasing around a friggin' BALL to get an ultimate attack? No. How about Negative Drive? Negative is basically a super mode. You have infinite recovery, you now have an on-hit-cancel, all your attacks are powered up, and they sometimes gain special abilities. To enter Negative Drive, you need to deal 150% of DMG in a single stock, or you can grab the Smash Ball. When you are able to enter, use any of your taunts and hold down B. You can also press A+B to unleash your Final Smash.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:05:29 PM by MegaGEN50 » Logged

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »

All of these sound amazing. I don't disagree with a single one of them. However, who would we get to do such a thing? I suppose we'd have to look towards enlisting some coders, hmmn?

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: August 13, 2014, 12:52:55 PM »

Actually, PSA is flexible enough for me to code 4.5/7 of them.
    The rest need to be codes.
    People will just need to provide me with their entire moveset, and I get to adding these mechanics and balancing these characters out.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:32:48 PM by MegaGEN50 » Logged

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »

I don't actually have one made for Mellow Valentine, at the moment he's over Captain Falcon and uses his moveset, I want to get him ported to Fox and give him some kind of moveset before I can go any further..but I don't know how to do any of that xD.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: