Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: riivolution 1.06 freezes when selecting wario?  (Read 10446 times)
ziggy931
Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 24, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »

hello. every time I select wario on my css on riivolution the game will freeze with that buzzing sound. all of the files in pf>fighter>wario should already be correct. this has only recently started happening since I started to use riivolution. is there any way to fix this? I am on 4.2U. Everything else works just fine.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:52:04 PM »

What is the filesize of the Wario .pac/.pcs? Because if it's larger than the original, it will freeze like that.

ziggy931
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:53 PM »

What is the filesize of the Wario .pac/.pcs? Because if it's larger than the original, it will freeze like that.

FitWario01.pac is 1.2mb.
    FitWario01.pcs is 483kb

It freezes with any wario selection.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

FitWario01.pac is 1.2mb.
    FitWario01.pcs is 483kb

It freezes with any wario selection.

The .pac is barely larger than the original, so I dunno.
    Is it Classic Wario you're trying to port onto Wario01? Because I read from someone that Classic and Normal Wario have different bones or something like that, so you can't port them over each other, without having them be imports.

ziggy931
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »

The .pac is barely larger than the original, so I dunno.
    Is it Classic Wario you're trying to port onto Wario01? Because I read from someone that Classic and Normal Wario have different bones or something like that, so you can't port them over each other, without having them be imports.

No I'm just trying to make regular wario work again with nothing edited or ported but ever since I began to use riivolution it won't work, the game will just freeze when it is selected. Before I edited any of wario's files I made a backup of the original files so I know these files under fighter>wario should be correct and working. Is it something that has to do with riivolution? Here is the format of my wario folder under pf>fighter>wario. Is the format correct?
    FitWario01.pac
    FitWario01.pcs
    FitWario02.pac
    FitWario02.pcs
    FitWario03.pcs
    FitWario04.pcs
    FitWario05.pac
    FitWario05.pcs
    FitWario07.pcs
    FitWario08.pac
    FitWario08.pcs
    FitWario09.pcs
    FitWario10.pcs
    FitWario11.pac
    FitWario11.pcs
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:43:10 PM by ziggy931 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »

No I'm just trying to make regular wario work again with nothing edited or ported but ever since I began to use riivolution it won't work, the game will just freeze when it is selected. Before I edited any of wario's files I made a backup of the original files so I know these files under fighter>wario should be correct and working. Is it something that has to do with riivolution? Here is the format of my wario folder under pf>fighter>wario. Is the format correct?
    FitWario01.pac
    FitWario01.pcs
    FitWario02.pac
    FitWario02.pcs
    FitWario03.pcs
    FitWario04.pcs
    FitWario05.pac
    FitWario05.pcs
    FitWario07.pcs
    FitWario08.pac
    FitWario08.pcs
    FitWario09.pcs
    FitWario10.pcs
    FitWario11.pac
    FitWario11.pcs

The format is correct, but the standard location for Riivolution is in SD Root->ssbb->projectm(Unless you changed it)
    Are all your hacks working? Because if none are, then you probably just have the wrong directory.
    Also, the size of the .pac may actually be the problem in the first place. Try taking the textures in the .pac and reducing the size of each by halving the size of the picture(In MS Paint), until you get a file that's a lower filesize. To truly test it, you could actually just make a bitmap of 8x8 that's one color, and import that over the textures, and see if it still freezes when hovering over Wario; if it still freezes, then it's not filesize; if it doesn't freeze, it is filesize, and you solved it. Smiley

ziggy931
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »

The format is correct, but the standard location for Riivolution is in SD Root->ssbb->projectm(Unless you changed it)
    Are all your hacks working? Because if none are, then you probably just have the wrong directory.
    Also, the size of the .pac may actually be the problem in the first place. Try taking the textures in the .pac and reducing the size of each by halving the size of the picture(In MS Paint), until you get a file that's a lower filesize. To truly test it, you could actually just make a bitmap of 8x8 that's one color, and import that over the textures, and see if it still freezes when hovering over Wario; if it still freezes, then it's not filesize; if it doesn't freeze, it is filesize, and you solved it. Smiley

Thanks for the reply. I am not using projectm though, I'm just using regular brawl. Should the location for riivolution be anywhere different? Everything seems to be working perfectly fine except the [censored] wario.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 09:21:52 AM »

Then I have no idea; I tried everything I could think of Tongue
    ...Wait, Regular Brawl for hacks? Regular Brawl crashes the Stage Builder if you have Riivolution SD in, so maybe Wario does? Do you have the Riivolution channel? If not, install it, and run the hacks from there.

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:42:07 PM »

Wrong section to post this topic for future reference.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

ziggy931
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 09:04:01 PM »

...Wait, Regular Brawl for hacks? Regular Brawl crashes the Stage Builder if you have Riivolution SD in, so maybe Wario does? Do you have the Riivolution channel? If not, install it, and run the hacks from there.

yeah I'm just using regular brawl to load the new chars I downloaded. not projectm or brawl+ or -, just standard brawl. I recently started using riivo to load sounds for the characters I have replaced. Wario is the only character with a freezing issue.

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 12:28:30 AM »

yeah I'm just using regular brawl to load the new chars I downloaded. not projectm or brawl+ or -, just standard brawl. I recently started using riivo to load sounds for the characters I have replaced. Wario is the only character with a freezing issue.

Check these things first:
    did you change any of the csps? default size 128/160

make sure your codes are correct if you re using wario/warioman/bowser/GigaBowser etc slot mod

remove your pac files and pcs  and fitmotionetc and fitwario and check

are you usng beyondyous riivo setup or modlauncher or an older version (idk about anyone else but I have had problems with beyondyous riivo setup)

check the file name

what sd card are you using?

I would recommend using modlauncher

I have recently switched too but I had issues but I managed to work around them, maybe they might work for you:

I accidentally installed the new version of riivo and my game wouldn't read the sd card properly, idk if anyone else had this problem( I eventually found the issue  but then it wouldn't read my common pac)

so I set mine to use the private folder and the brawlmods (basically put my common stuff in brawlmods stuff and everything else in private, works fine)

ziggy931
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 11:40:58 AM »

Check these things first:
    did you change any of the csps? default size 128/160

make sure your codes are correct if you re using wario/warioman/bowser/GigaBowser etc slot mod

remove your pac files and pcs  and fitmotionetc and fitwario and check

are you usng beyondyous riivo setup or modlauncher or an older version (idk about anyone else but I have had problems with beyondyous riivo setup)

check the file name

what sd card are you using?

I would recommend using modlauncher

I have recently switched too but I had issues but I managed to work around them, maybe they might work for you:

I accidentally installed the new version of riivo and my game wouldn't read the sd card properly, idk if anyone else had this problem( I eventually found the issue  but then it wouldn't read my common pac)

so I set mine to use the private folder and the brawlmods (basically put my common stuff in brawlmods stuff and everything else in private, works fine)

I managed to fix wario by replacing the projectm file format of wario's .pac and .pcs files and wariomans as well and everything works fine now. thanks everyone!

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »

I managed to fix wario by replacing the projectm file format of wario's .pac and .pcs files and wariomans as well and everything works fine now. thanks everyone!

Great! have fun Smiley

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »

how did you replace them

ziggy931
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »

how did you replace them

in the projectm folder under private I just copy and pasted what was in wario's folder into wario's folder under my private folder for my brawl and it somehow worked.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: