Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [SOLVED] I'm making a god, but he's broken right now.  (Read 6960 times)
Nefnoj
Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: July 27, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »

So I'm creating my first thing... And it's totally broken. It seems that most of the UVW thingies are screwy, the spawn particles are a few feet off, and activating the shield crashes the game. In Brawlbox and 3DS Max 2015, everything's looking fine... Sooooo... Does anyone know what's up? Here is the .pac file, and and here is the .pcs file. I have no idea what the difference is between the two!

And take a guess at the abomination I'm making!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:46:58 PM by Gravity » Logged

Rosetta-Hime
Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »

Roy koopa, nice lol. Replace the shader0 with another character's shader0.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:05:36 PM »

Or just select the shader and change TextureRef0 to True, if the material uses only one texture

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »

[/quote]
    Roy koopa, nice lol. Replace the shader0 with another character's shader0.
    Or just select the shader and change TextureRef0 to True, if the material uses only one texture

Thank you both so much! It worked! Sort of. It's a bit easier to narrow down the full list of problems, since this is the first time I've ever done anything like this, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO OR WHAT I'M DOING AHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!! So I'm not surprised at what's broken.

Here's a list if anyone else would be willing, or would like to help! And kind of a list for me to work on things one at a time, I'm really thinking aloud here.
    ...Except I'm not talking, I'm typing... So am I really thinking aloud?
    • Hair's all wonk-bonked, looks fine in Brawlbox <3
    • Face is dimp-pooded, looks nasty in Brawlbox </3, shows all faces at a time. (I edited his teeth so they're sharp! It's really cool!)
    • On spawn, the magic Fire Emblem ring thingy is a few feet into the foreground and crooked. Looks like the only broken particle system for now, sword slashes, blazes, and cool things look all right
    • Shielding totally crashes the game: Freezes with that all too familiar *BZZZ sound.
    • Activating the final smash crashes the game upon hit the exact same way as shielding, doesn't crash if I miss.
    • I have yet to add CSPs, BPs, and SIs. What do those stand for, anyway? Character Select Portraits, Battle Portraits... And Stock Icons? People use those abbreviations all the time. 
    And that's about it, TIME FOR AN EXTENSIVE AMOUNT OF SEARCHING THROUGH THE FORUMS!! Haha. Again, thank you both so much for helping me with the texture bips!
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:34:19 PM by Nefnoj » Logged

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:46 PM »

•hair being messed up is a result of the material and shader. Replace them with the original one. Don't forget to make the material reference the shader.

• all the faces showing at once is a result of the visibility bones not being set up. Set the visibility bone to the original.

•you didn't add bones did you? That's the only thing I can think of for the FS and shield glitch.
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:07:15 PM by Rosetta-Hime » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 02:05:31 PM »

What format is the hair texture in?

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:22:42 AM »

•hair being messed up is a result of the material and shader. Replace them with the original one. Don't forget to make the material reference the shader.

• all the faces showing at once is a result of the visibility bones not being set up. Set the visibility bone to the original.

•you didn't add bones did you? That's the only thing I can think of for the FS and shield glitch.
    •I tried replacing the shaders and materials with the originals... And now he's bald, haha.
    •I exported the facial bones from Project M's Roy and replaced mine with them... But still, same problem.
    •No added bones, I renamed the new polygons to the names of the ones I got rid of, but still having the same problems.
    What format is the hair texture in?
    It's the same as in Project M, a .png.

Thank you both so much... But I, frankly, have no idea what I'm doing. I think I might call it quits, at least for a while now. Soon, I'll release a .zip file if anyone else cares about this hack enough to give it an attempt, and maybe tell me what I did wrong, haha! Again, Thank you both so much for the help!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »

N-no, I mean, like, is it CI8, CMPR... Etc

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »

N-no, I mean, like, is it CI8, CMPR... Etc
    Ooh, more formats, y'learn something new every day, haha! It's a CI8.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »

Knew it

The material is missing its palette information, there are two fixes:

1.) Remove the texture then reimport it, making sure to change the format to CMPR
    2.) Keep the texture as-is, go into the material that references that texture, select the texture reference, and in the top right, change Palette to the name of your texture

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 12:20:34 PM »

Knew it

The material is missing its palette information, there are two fixes:

1.) Remove the texture then reimport it, making sure to change the format to CMPR
    2.) Keep the texture as-is, go into the material that references that texture, select the texture reference, and in the top right, change Palette to the name of your texture
    YAAAAY, HE HAS REAL HAIR NOW!! Well, the transparency's gone, it's black instead, but that's not TOO bad. I tried method one, I'll try method two and see if that takes care of the transparency later. For the facial problem, I tried importing the facial stuff from the default Roy, but that didn't change anything, so I think I'll just get rid of the other faces so that he only has one expression... Better than having weird model clipping and three lips. *shudder*
    The biggest issue though is the whole crash-on-shield thing... I searched the forums a bit (why didn't I do that from the very start?) but I couldn't find anything on that issue. I'll keep messing with things seeing what they do, thank you muchly for the help! You're fantastic!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »

The transparency you can probably fix by nabbing the hair material from the original model and using that, keeping the texture format in mind

The faces can be fixed by selecting one of the face objects, scrolling down on the right until you see Visibility Bone, and changing it to the appropriate bone. The regular face will need to be set to something like FaceM, the hurt face to OuchM, the talk face to TalkM... Something along those lines.

Nefnoj
    Expert Kitten

Stop 'n' Swop

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »

I'VE DONE IT, BY JOVE I'VE DONE IT!!

Thank you both so greatly! After installing a few hacks and becoming more and more familiar with the Brawlbox, I tried a different technique where I simply import the individual objects! The only bugs are the particles, which I can live with, and for some reason the left bracelet refuses to go on his hand, so I put it inside of his shell. Neither bugs affect gameplay, so they're good enough for me! I'll be uploading it soon! Thanks again!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 07:48:03 PM »

No prob.

Since this topic has been solved, it will now be locked. If you have any additional problems, PM me and I will unlock it for you.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: