Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adding Clones to Minus 3.Q (n00b)  (Read 805 times)
ProfJC
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I missed a tutorial or sticked post - I've read through all that seemed relevant, and I'm still not sure what to do. I'm pretty much a total noob as far as hacking is concerned. I'm mostly interested in PSAs/New characters, and I've managed to use a few of the awesome PSA's I've found here with mediocre success - lots of freezes.I've got a specific end goal in mind, but I'm not really sure how to get there. My circle of smashers really, really likes B-, however, now that we've found the treasure trove that is brawl vault, we want more.

So, my main question is: How do I go about creating new character slots using B- 3.Q as a base?

I know that's a fairly noob question, and I'm certain there are tutorials around here or on youtube, but it seems many of them are outdated or maybe there's just something I'm not getting. If someone can point me in the direction of a good/simple tutorial, I'd be happy to start there.

We would like to add 16 characters(listed below) in addition to the Roy and Pichu found in the latest version of B-

-I'll be editing this with Brawl Vault Links as soon as I can-
Phoenix over Zelda
Aang over Ness
Terra over Zelda (or sheik, whichever is easier better)
Blaze over ???
Fierce Deity over Link
Zero over Link
Saber over Link
Scorpion over Link
Mewtwo over Lucario
Shadow(Chaos Lord) over Sonic
Megaman X over ROB
Isaac over Pit
Cloud Strife (Dissidia) over Olimar?
Knuckle Joe over Ness
Tidus over ???
SMBZ Mario over Mario

Additionally, many of these new models/PSAs go over the same original character (I think I have four links and three zeldas). Is that a problem?

My friends and I just browsed through Brawl Vault and put together the above list, but I'll be doing the work from home on a Mac. I have BrawlBox and the CSSManager, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing with them. I tried to open the B- CSS screen with CSSManager, but I kept getting an error message. If I need to switch to a PC, it's possible, but it would be much easier to use my home device. Also, I'm frankly not too concerned about having proper CSS portraits and names, unless they're easy to change. As long as I can select the character without it freezing when I select a stage, that would be great. Same goes for sound effects in most cases also.

So, if someone can give me the gist of what I need to do/link me a tutorial to get started cloning characters and adding these new PSAs into Brawl-, I would really really appreciate.
Bonus question: Any minus-y PSAs not on my list that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: