Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ACK! HOW DO I EDIT PROJECTILES!?  (Read 4527 times)
MrDarthGogeta1
Mega Kitten

Hue

View Profile Awards
« on: August 03, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »

Hey, guys. It's me again.

This has been on my mind for a while, editing the damage, KB trajectory, etc. of the projectiles that people use. I know that they are classified as articles, and usually do a set amount of damage and KB each time. I downloaded Floating Point Editor 2, or FPE2 (hope somebody knows what this is) in hopes that I could change the damage and stuff. But it mostly covers how the projectiles move and such, and it's pretty much useless in some areas.

If only I could figure out how to make Mario's fireball do more damage and stuff. :C

[ñ]

KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »

Mario's Fireball uses a Sub Routine for its damage.

If you're using PSA, open up your FitMario.pac, go the the Sub Routines tab, and enter this Offset into the text box: 17108. Press Go afterward.

You should see the following coding:
    Code:
    Special Offensive Collision: Id=0, Bone=0, Damage=5, ShieldDamage=0, Direction=361, BaseKnockback=30, WeightKnockback=0, KnockbackGrowth=25, Size=2.4, Z Offset=0, Y Offset=0, X Offset=0, TripRate=0%, HitlagMultiplier=x0.3, SDIMultiplier=x1, Flags=402853893
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=5
    Special Offensive Collision: Id=0, Bone=0, Damage=5, ShieldDamage=0, Direction=361, BaseKnockback=22, WeightKnockback=0, KnockbackGrowth=20, Size=2.2, Z Offset=0, Y Offset=0, X Offset=0, TripRate=0%, HitlagMultiplier=x0.3, SDIMultiplier=x1, Flags=402853893
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=30
    Special Offensive Collision: Id=0, Bone=0, Damage=5, ShieldDamage=0, Direction=361, BaseKnockback=11, WeightKnockback=0, KnockbackGrowth=15, Size=2, Z Offset=0, Y Offset=0, X Offset=0, TripRate=0%, HitlagMultiplier=x0.3, SDIMultiplier=x1, Flags=402853893
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:52:00 PM by KingOfChaos » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

MrDarthGogeta1
    Mega Kitten

Hue

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »

KingofChaos, this is awesome! Is this like this for other projectiles? If so, is there a list of SubRoutines for the fighters? I'd really appreciate it.

Post Merge: August 03, 2014, 01:56:07 PM
    KingofChaos, this is awesome! Is this like this for other projectiles? If so, is there a list of SubRoutines for the fighters? I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, um... forgot to say thanks.
    Thanks!

[ñ]

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »

Every single character projectile uses a Sub Routine for their hitboxes, GFX, SFX, etc. You just have to know which characters have which Sub Routines.

Though some characters (Ex: Pit, Link, and Toon Link) use Article Floating points for damage, so changing the damage does nothing to them without editing. Though you can edit knockback, trajectory, flags, etc just fine.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

MrDarthGogeta1
    Mega Kitten

Hue

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »

Every single character projectile uses a Sub Routine for their hitboxes, GFX, SFX, etc. You just have to know which characters have which Sub Routines.

Though some characters (Ex: Pit, Link, and Toon Link) use Article Floating points for damage, so changing the damage does nothing to them without editing. Though you can edit knockback, trajectory, flags, etc just fine.

That's good to know. Now I just need to find out where they are :/
    Thanks for helping me freeze Luigi with Mario's fireballz

[ñ]

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »

http://smashboards.com/threads/floating-point-collab-thread-now-all-floats-not-just-articles-homing-attack.257755/

This should help you. But unfortunately, you'll need a SmashBoards account to view the linked thread.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

MrDarthGogeta1
    Mega Kitten

Hue

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »

http://smashboards.com/threads/floating-point-collab-thread-now-all-floats-not-just-articles-homing-attack.257755/

This should help you. But unfortunately, you'll need a SmashBoards account to view the linked thread.

Despite that I was still able to view the link. Cooooool! Thanks again, buddy

[ñ]

Danger Mario
    Newbie Kitten

I mostly mod Melee, but occasionally Project M too

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 06:48:07 PM »

OKay so I have been editing ''The Super Ice Mario Psa'' Link to the Creator: Carls493 http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=9099&Moderated=All         Okay so I read this and made mario's  Fireballs Freeze and all. But, The Fireballs were still orange of course. So... I used brawlbox and Opened up FitMarioMotionEtc>FitMarioEtc>TextureData[0]>Textures[NW4R]>e. Here I added My Light blue Fire Texture and Saved. Put my SDHC in and Load up Brawl Minus. Then I shoot Fireballs and They are orange. I don't know why it wont work. Do I edit the Palettes? I am Very Lost Here If I  could have help I would Really appreciate it. Thanks!

Post Merge: October 19, 2016, 08:36:07 PM
    Okay I renamed the texture files and I see the Iceball. However, The Fire is still burning around the ice ball. lol How do I make the Fire around it ice? Kirby Dance
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:36:07 PM by McHacks » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: