Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: [8/1/14] The New File Research Thread | New video series on SSE files!  (Read 51171 times)
Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: September 17, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »

So... What you're saying is... We might be able to generate bosses on regular stages?

Please.

Do any of the normal enemies crash upon kill?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: September 17, 2014, 01:03:57 PM »

So... What you're saying is... We might be able to generate bosses on regular stages?

After more research is done into the actual sora_adv_stage module, we should easily be able to..Recently i was actually looking into Brawl's item system since i can spawn any item regardless of stage specific status, and then i thought i could possibly add new items to the game. When that came to mind, i immediately thought of adding an enemy, since the enemy files are laid out the same as an item. I've only successfully added the crabs and koopas from the mario bros stage for now, but it's a possible avenue of research..

Do any of the normal enemies crash upon kill?

Nope! all other enemies can be spawned if the appropriate data is in the .pac stage resource. I'm really eager to start working on the module portion of this, but i feel i should document all the files beforehand and get BBox recognizing them lol

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: September 17, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »

MUST...UPDATE...OP...WITH THIS INFO
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: September 18, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »

BOSSES ON REGULAR STAGES! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: September 18, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »

This is, I mean, it's like, you know..... right!! I might become gay for you!! most likely not
    MUST...UPDATE...OP...WITH THIS INFO
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Yeah, what they said!!

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: October 25, 2014, 03:21:04 PM »

I would love to try making a PSA command for spawning an enemy if you figure this out Sammi

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: October 25, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »

Oh fudge, I could apply this to my football stadium hack!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: October 27, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »

I would love to try making a PSA command for spawning an enemy if you figure this out Sammi

Interestingly enough, this may be easier than i previously thought. It could probably piggyback off of the item routines considering they're all contained within sora_melee, and is the way the enemies in stages are spawned in non adventure stages. It could even be made to load enemy files off of a new folder on the SD specifically for enemies. Though i still need to do quite a bit more module work before i can make it work.

All i really have to do is RE the rest of the ASM routines in sora_melee and then add new ID's to the item system. Luckily that's the gist of it since the game automatically gets the file path from section[5] and passes in the Item ID. Then it uses the ID as an index for a list of item names, adding that to the path. Once that is tested and working, i can possibly move the system to it's own module similar to how PW did for BrawlEx. Of course i still need to learn just how PW's sora_melee hook works first..

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: October 28, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »

Interestingly enough, this may be easier than i previously thought. It could probably piggyback off of the item routines considering they're all contained within sora_melee, and is the way the enemies in stages are spawned in non adventure stages. It could even be made to load enemy files off of a new folder on the SD specifically for enemies. Though i still need to do quite a bit more module work before i can make it work.

All i really have to do is RE the rest of the ASM routines in sora_melee and then add new ID's to the item system. Luckily that's the gist of it since the game automatically gets the file path from section[5] and passes in the Item ID. Then it uses the ID as an index for a list of item names, adding that to the path. Once that is tested and working, i can possibly move the system to it's own module similar to how PW did for BrawlEx. Of course i still need to learn just how PW's sora_melee hook works first..
    Its ok, you've done so much for this community anyway so don't rush yourself.

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8]
    Print
    Jump to: