Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Sammi Husky's misc toolbox || PSA v1.3a & BX clone tool update  (Read 35991 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: September 06, 2014, 12:39:25 PM »

I look forward to using this PSA tool. I just hope it doesn't corrupt files like the old BrawlBoxes. D: But knowing you, you probably fixed that already.

If you mean the random file bloating, then yes it seems to be fixed. I had a hunch that it was simply some variables or arrays not being disposed upon opening a new file, which would then double the size of the arrays and corrupt the data. I simply reset all arrays and variables upon opening a new file, and from what i've gathered from using it (and from the minus Backroom using it extensively) it seems to have been fixed. Smiley

Anywho, another cool feature for PSA.

i've added a native hex editor to it that can be opened by right clicking on of the nodes in the data tree and clicking "Hex View". Still quite a few optimizations and features i'd like to add to it, but it gets the job done for now. In case people are curious, here is the current changelog i have laid out.

====================================
    |************ Change Log ************|
     ====================================
     - v1.4- (?/??/2014)
       . Added support to view "Nodes" in the data tree.
       . Articles are now fully supported!. (credit to Dantarion and company for tabuu source code excerpts)
       . PSA can now open files regardless if they are being used by other programs, however in order to save it must not be in use.
       . Data explorer now shows External references.
       . Added support for SSE attributes.
       . Added the rest of the currently known animation flags
       . Added a native hex editor to PSA, specifically for editing data selected in the data tree.
       . Added support for param, hitdata, and coll data character nodes.
       . Data tree nodes are color coded for type.
          - Green            = Value list.
          - Yellow         = Event lists.
          - Gray            = un-editable.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 06, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »

How do the Announcer IDs on the Clone Tool link to the sounds? That has intrigued me.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 06, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »

How do the Announcer IDs on the Clone Tool link to the sounds? That has intrigued me.

Do you mean in specific what gets edited in the config files by the tool? if so, all it does is set the data in the cosmetic config for your clone. In specific, the clone's announcer call is at offset 0x18.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2014, 01:16:20 PM »

Do you mean in specific what gets edited in the config files by the tool? if so, all it does is set the data in the cosmetic config for your clone. In specific, the clone's announcer call is at offset 0x18.

So it just copies over the original SFX, right? I thought that number was more specific. I've changed it around for different calls, but it's a kind of long process just figuring out by trial and error which file that number links to on the smashbros_sound.brsar.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: September 06, 2014, 01:50:43 PM »

Ahh. Well, the number is actually the infoindex of the sound inside smashbros_sound.brsar. If you actually open any default  config in the tool or in a hex editor and take note  of the value there, convert it to decimal. If you now open smashbros_sound.brsar and select any sound, in the properties pane at the very bottom you'll see a property called infoindex. That field is what identifies the sound. Think of it as an ID. nearly everytime a sound is used in the game it will call the infoindex of the sound to be played. So, by that logic, you can search through the smashbros_sound.brsar for the sound that matches the infoindex your looking for Smiley

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: September 06, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »

This is good stuff Sammi, it's cool that somebody else wants to continue programming tools for brawl. I'll go ahead and sub. You should definitely add a setting to switch between decimal and hexadecimal. Each has their own advantages for different things.

Also, I don't want to sound biased, but you should merge PSA's script saving functions and Tabuu's post processing (aka writing edited values, but not rebuilding the file) into Ikarus and continue Ikarus. That would make saving as stable as possible without having to rebuild the file. You could also add Brawlbox's rebuilder and add it as an optional saving feature for the adventurous who aren't worried about it corrupting their file.

Adding on to PSA seems a bit backwards, since it looks like you're remaking the same node trees and editors Dant made for Tabuu and I made for Brawlbox, and Ikarus was already a huge and extensively researched combination of all three programs that would've combined everything necessary to make a full psa into one intuitive tool (and sort of an emulator too).

But that's just my advice.

Oh and another thing - Kryal said way back in the 90's that he would never add a hex editor to Brawlbox because it would defeat the purpose of Brawlbox being a file editor (it's not a hex editor, he said). I stuck with that when I programmed new stuff. This new feature reminded me of what he said so I thought I'd tell you Tongue

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2014, 02:49:48 PM »

Ooooh, I see! I noticed that the value in the tool was in hex and even converted it to decimal to see if it would make it easier to find. In the end, I ended up ignoring completely the infoindex! Thanks! That way I will be able to use the SFX that I want to.

That aside, there was something else that I was noticing.

Inside the smashbros_sound.brsar, we have the files that tell the game to load a specific brstm (located in the pf/sound/strm folder, in a said moment. For example: snd/bgm/X03/MENU2 tells the game to load [371] strm/X03.brstm.

It would be interesting if we could edit those to, say, redirect a specific brstm to another custom brstm from Dantarion's CSE, for example, sfx/0000C00C.brstm.

Are you familiar with Dantarion's CSE?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: September 06, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »

This is good stuff Sammi, it's cool that somebody else wants to continue programming tools for brawl. I'll go ahead and sub. You should definitely add a setting to switch between decimal and hexadecimal. Each has their own advantages for different things.

Also, I don't want to sound biased, but you should merge PSA's script saving functions and Tabuu's post processing (aka writing edited values, but not rebuilding the file) into Ikarus and continue Ikarus. That would make saving as stable as possible without having to rebuild the file. You could also add Brawlbox's rebuilder and add it as an optional saving feature for the adventurous who aren't worried about it corrupting their file.

Adding on to PSA seems a bit backwards, since it looks like you're remaking the same node trees and editors Dant made for Tabuu and I made for Brawlbox, and Ikarus was already a huge and extensively researched combination of all three programs that would've combined everything necessary to make a full psa into one intuitive tool (and sort of an emulator too).

But that's just my advice.

Oh and another thing - Kryal said way back in the 90's that he would never add a hex editor to Brawlbox because it would defeat the purpose of Brawlbox being a file editor (it's not a hex editor, he said). I stuck with that when I programmed new stuff. This new feature reminded me of what he said so I thought I'd tell you Tongue

Oh indeed Smiley I plan to continue Ikarus as my main outlet for moveset editing. Continuing PSA was just something i was doing as a hobby and decided that some others may enjoy the changes as well. My main goal with the changes i've been making have been to add new capabilities while keeping the simple and familiar interface that many are still accustomed to. I wanted to basically update PSA so that people still have the choice to use that interface for simple moveset editing without sacrificing the functionality of Brawlbox, Ikarus, and Tabuu. Once PSA can edit the values the others can, i'll be focusing on writing Ikarus.

As far as adding the hex editor..i was speculative at first as well..since the main aim of developing a program for editing the files is to take it out of the hands of the hex editors. But...then i realized that there is likely no way i'm going to be able to document every nook and cranny of the moveset files that are still unknown by myself. With that in mind, I decided to create it in order to continue developing other features (or move onto Ikarus) and still be able to have these data objects visible and editable in PSA by those who are adventurous enough to test messing with them. In any case, thanks for the advice! I'll keep things like that in mind for any future plans i have.

~snip~

Ahh yes..when it comes down to sound related stuff, the very first thing i want to work on is seeing if i can't get the symb header stuff working in BrawlBox... BlackJax's commented out code is still there so i can get a grasp on what they were trying to do, but it's something that will take me quite a while to get around to and then even longer to figure out.

Unfortunately im not too familiar with the CSE or brstms for that matter..so i fear i won't be able to answer many questions regarding that in specific. But, i think i get the gist of what your saying. So when i do end up working on sound, i'll poke around at stuff like that Wink

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: September 09, 2014, 03:17:00 AM »

oh [censored], it looks amazing! dont stop now! cant wait to play with it!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: October 05, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »

I understand that my Necormancy is illegal in the fair town of Kitteth Corp.

But to make a note towards Sammi-Husky, when i used your tool to shrink the filesize of my Sc_selcharacter. it just made it crash ingame, not so sure as to why it did that. either way a decent tool indeed.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

Sammi i've been having trouble figuring out how to use the clone tool you made, specifically adding cosmetics. any chance you can make a quick tutorial on it?

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:03 PM »

Sammi i've been having trouble figuring out how to use the clone tool you made, specifically adding cosmetics. any chance you can make a quick tutorial on it?
    I believe he is rebuilding this tool from the ground up to make it better than it is. seeing how this was the thing that got him into coding in the first place. I don't even bother with the adding of cosmetics, for all it does is cause issues. i just add them in manually or use the starter kit on the vault.

To note, when you add in more costumes to load for a standard character or clone the Tool will crash, so there is that issue.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »

I believe he is rebuilding this tool from the ground up to make it better than it is. seeing how this was the thing that got him into coding in the first place. I don't even bother with the adding of cosmetics, for all it does is cause issues. i just add them in manually or use the starter kit on the vault.

To note, when you add in more costumes to load for a standard character or clone the Tool will crash, so there is that issue.

ahh i see, i just want to add the very basics (CSS icon and portrait to differentiate the characters easier) i can wait till something more stable comes along.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to: