Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Giry's models ~ More Woolly Stuff  (Read 32364 times)
Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »

I think I'll just let the topic die anyway, no point in having updates when there's a clear lack of interest.
    this is what I was reffering to.
    indeed I do get ninja'd alot in the WIP workshop and even my project thread, but I dont let that get me down (thats why I made an fb page for those who are actually interested in my "generic lolis nobody knows"

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »

Is it all right if I ask you to send me the Lip model again or saved in a different version? I'm having the same problem as with the Mario stage you made me. Smiley Thanks.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 10:23:43 PM »

Oh no, you're abandoning the topic? That Panel de Pon stage looks so amazing though, I would love to see it completed. Perhaps you could collaborate with a texture artist?

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 03:28:14 AM »

For clarification, I never said I won't do anything, I just said I won't make any updates here anymore. In fact, I just continued on the stage and got it imported without any freezes. Still needs a lot of work though.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 10:08:20 AM »

For clarification, I never said I won't do anything, I just said I won't make any updates here anymore. In fact, I just continued on the stage and got it imported without any freezes. Still needs a lot of work though.
    Ah, I must have misinterpreted your message. Still, since you are continuing your work it would be nice to see updates periodically - seeing ambitious projects, like this stage, getting closer to completion might entice more users to leave feedback.

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 02:34:45 PM »

Revamped the first post a bit and also released my first stage, Popples, from the Panel de Pon series.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 03:14:43 PM »

Oh nice, the stage is completed! I'll give it a try soon. Until then, maybe you should throw a link to this thread in the Brawl Vault description; that should bring in some traffic.

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

Nearly done, just a few animations missing, mostly balloon related stuff and proper collisions. So far, it still uses FD's collision data.

Old:
    New WIP, it's Pencilvania, the first stage from Balloon Kid. I haven't decided on a final layout yet, though it'll probably stay the way it is now. Maybe make the plattforms a bit higher.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »

Very nice and colourful! Platforms are a good size. Nice touch with the balloons everywhere. Smiley

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 02:35:10 PM »

Standing here, I realize!
    You are a new talent, trying to make epic hacks!
    But who's to judge, the bad from nice![/BadPun]

I like your hacks. And I'm looking forward to see you keep going!

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 04:23:06 PM »

What a neat stage! I like all the detail in the background.

I'm worried that it might be too hard to differentiate the foreground and background, though, considering parts of the background use the same textures as the main platform. I suggest adding some fog that is the same color as the lightest part of the sky. It doesn't have to be a dense fog or anything, just enough so that players can quickly tell what is in the foreground and what is not.

Click for my stuff:

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »

And Pencilvania released. Link's in the OP. I'm not sure what to do next. I could finish the texture work on Alice and Takamaru, but there's not really any point. Nor can I think of another stage to make...

Very nice and colourful! Platforms are a good size. Nice touch with the balloons everywhere. Smiley
    Wouldn't be a Balloon Fight stage without balloons, eh? Nor would it be a Balloon Kid stage without Little Jim flying around... poor kid.

Standing here, I realize!
    You are a new talent, trying to make epic hacks!
    But who's to judge, the bad from nice![/BadPun]

I like your hacks. And I'm looking forward to see you keep going!
    Oh, I love puns, even though they are a rare medium well done. That pun's totally not stolen.

What a neat stage! I like all the detail in the background.

I'm worried that it might be too hard to differentiate the foreground and background, though, considering parts of the background use the same textures as the main platform. I suggest adding some fog that is the same color as the lightest part of the sky. It doesn't have to be a dense fog or anything, just enough so that players can quickly tell what is in the foreground and what is not.
    I tend to spend too much time with background elements, like trying to recreate the Panel de Pon SNES background 100%, down to the shape of the big island.

As for your visibility concerns, I personally didn't find it too hard to see, but, just in case, I made the background textures slighty brighter, like in Yoshi's Island (Melee).

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 06:52:29 PM »

I'm greatly enjoying your Pencilvania and Popples. They're good ideas. Panel de Pon should get more representation in Smash, and this stage is perfect.

P.S.: I'm almost ready to continue Lip. Wink

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

Alright, some personal rambling here...

The SSB 3DS stages are pretty great. I had concerns about them being too gimmicky, but after playing for a bit, I think they are actually well made, there's no stupid crap like Bramble Falls. Magicant looks really pretty in person, I might actually try to make it, but without all the Earthbound/MOTHER 2 references, I feel they are kinda out of place.

But I'm not really feeling the living room stage. That one's kinda boring. Still, the majority of the stages is pretty fun.

Also I got one of those fancy sig thingies now, yay.

I'm greatly enjoying your Pencilvania and Popples. They're good ideas. Panel de Pon should get more representation in Smash, and this stage is perfect.

P.S.: I'm almost ready to continue Lip. Wink
    He, thanks, I totally agree, but at least Balloon Fight and Panel de Pon get to make cameos since Melee, with Balloon Fight even getting a stage this time. So did you try Pencilvania? Was the stage easy to discern from the background?

Also can't wait fror Lip, haha, but take your time.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »

He, thanks, I totally agree, but at least Balloon Fight and Panel de Pon get to make cameos since Melee, with Balloon Fight even getting a stage this time. So did you try Pencilvania? Was the stage easy to discern from the background?

Also can't wait fror Lip, haha, but take your time.

Oh, the Pencilvania foreground is just fine. At least, I'm not having problems with it. Wink

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: