Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 66
Author Topic: Project: Super Smash 4 - Cliché Q&A (11/14/2014)  (Read 408089 times)
Junior64570
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #585 on: October 22, 2014, 11:39:44 AM »

I think we shouldn't have any alternate costumes with altered movesets, with the exception of SFX for Koopalings/Robin/etc., as that would make things... weird.

It is also important to note out that Toon Link, Sonic, Ganondorf, And ROB can have 11 costumes.
    Just because R.O.B., Toon Link, Ganondorf, Wolf, and Sonic can have more than 10 costumes doesn't mean they will. We aren't 100% sure on anything regarding the alts, either. There's something I wanted to tell you guys about Wario, though... we're removing some of his costumes. I said it. He'll only have 8, 4 WarioWare, 4 Classic. Maybe Olimar/Alph will have 10, and Bowser Jr. will have 10. And MAYBE we'll have alts. Maybe later, because alts/DLC are NOT priority, we need to get things done. (Like Newcomers)

As someone said a while ago, not sure who, but "Robin, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer already have Team Colors"... I don't want to force anyone into a particular gender when playing on a team.

And, we're hiring coders! Like, code-y coders. Like, coder coders. Like, coder coder- You get what I mean. I mean people who make codes. XD
    People who can do stuff in Code Manager, that kind of coder.

One more thing; Didn't hoogachakka rip some models from SSB3DS?
    I still need to learn that ONE STINKING THING ABOUT THE 3DSMAX SCRIPT before I can import, but afterwards I'd be much more than happy to import anything.
    Even... Greninja from X/Y if not from SSB4.

hoogachakka
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #586 on: October 22, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »

I think we shouldn't have any alternate costumes with altered movesets, with the exception of SFX for Koopalings/Robin/etc., as that would make things... weird.
    Just because R.O.B., Toon Link, Ganondorf, Wolf, and Sonic can have more than 10 costumes doesn't mean they will. We aren't 100% sure on anything regarding the alts, either. There's something I wanted to tell you guys about Wario, though... we're removing some of his costumes. I said it. He'll only have 8, 4 WarioWare, 4 Classic. Maybe Olimar/Alph will have 10, and Bowser Jr. will have 10. And MAYBE we'll have alts. Maybe later, because alts/DLC are NOT priority, we need to get things done. (Like Newcomers)

As someone said a while ago, not sure who, but "Robin, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer already have Team Colors"... I don't want to force anyone into a particular gender when playing on a team.

And, we're hiring coders! Like, code-y coders. Like, coder coders. Like, coder coder- You get what I mean. I mean people who make codes. XD
    People who can do stuff in Code Manager, that kind of coder.

One more thing; Didn't hoogachakka rip some models from SSB3DS?
    I still need to learn that ONE STINKING THING ABOUT THE 3DSMAX SCRIPT before I can import, but afterwards I'd be much more than happy to import anything.
    Even... Greninja from X/Y if not from SSB4.
    I didn't rip any models, I just  suggested that we do that

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #587 on: October 22, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »

Oh, yeah. I'm pretty sure that's what Boobsey is doing...

hoogachakka
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #588 on: October 22, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »

Somebody else can do squirtle, our power went out when I was almost done and I don't want to do this again...

Post Merge: October 22, 2014, 04:43:52 PM
    I'm gonna make a full smash 4 dr mario
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:43:52 PM by hoogachakka » Logged

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #589 on: October 22, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »

I just realized that you need to add Young Link and Pichu to the character list, and you'll have everyone throughout the entire Smash Bros. series.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »

I'm gonna make a full smash 4 dr mario
    I already claimed him, sorry. Tongue Plus, we don't have the models yet, and don't know how to edit articles (projectiles) either... You can't have Dr. Mario without his Megavitamins. Sad

I just realized that you need to add Young Link and Pichu to the character list, and you'll have everyone throughout the entire Smash Bros. series.
    Nah, we already have Mewtwo, Roy, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Snake...
    I actually thought I REALLY NEED TO LEARN MODEL IMPORTING... I haven't done my daily texture! I'm off schedule!
    I'm stressed!
    I'm worried!
    I'm nervous!
    Oh, I just said the same thing three times in a row... XD
    So, prepare for some Double Trouble with everyone's favorite duo!

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #591 on: October 22, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »

In regards to the recent release of Kirby, I just wanted to point out that his blush is a bit solid, it goes from colour A to colour B rather quickly. It should be a more soft, gradual shift.
    As for the colouring, it might be a bit too saturated, though I'm not sure on this because of Halberd. In addition, the colours themselves are a bit off, most notably on red and green. Red's their bodies and shoes are different shades in Smash 4, vs here where they're exactly the same (or just slightly different).

And for Squirtle, what part of him is "Smash 4-like" exactly? It looks like the Brawl texture, but more saturated. If anything, he should be much more desaturated, as Smash 4's Pokemon take inspiration from the latest Pokemon games.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #592 on: October 22, 2014, 08:34:12 PM »

So, I've thought about, and I want to try taking on Charizard. I know Junior has already done him, but I want to see what I can do.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #593 on: October 22, 2014, 08:44:16 PM »

In regards to the recent release of Kirby, I just wanted to point out that his blush is a bit solid, it goes from colour A to colour B rather quickly. It should be a more soft, gradual shift.
    As for the colouring, it might be a bit too saturated, though I'm not sure on this because of Halberd. In addition, the colours themselves are a bit off, most notably on red and green. Red's their bodies and shoes are different shades in Smash 4, vs here where they're exactly the same (or just slightly different).

And for Squirtle, what part of him is "Smash 4-like" exactly? It looks like the Brawl texture, but more saturated. If anything, he should be much more desaturated, as Smash 4's Pokemon take inspiration from the latest Pokemon games.

What does it mean to saturate something? Also, I don't have those fancy tools to blend colors or anything; I do my recolors with Paint and Sketchup.(I wasn't planning on getting Gimp or anything, either; I like using classic programs to do recolors. Grin )

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #594 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »

What does it mean to saturate something? Also, I don't have those fancy tools to blend colors or anything; I do my recolors with Paint and Sketchup.(I wasn't planning on getting Gimp or anything, either; I like using classic programs to do recolors. Grin )

You didn't ask me, but since I'm already on I might as well provide a quick answer. To saturate means to raise the color of a texture. For example, you turn red into scarlet, blue in royal blue, green, into grass green and so on. All of the colors become stronger. For example, "Colorful Luigi" is the product of complete saturation. Balancing it is the key. What I do to edit my textures sometimes is to make a single palette variety and softly erase over the original by different percents. That's how my smash 4 Luigi was done for his green clothing and skin. I highly reccomend Photoshop or Gimp.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #595 on: October 22, 2014, 09:04:40 PM »

Saturation is the amount of "colour" in a...colour. It's easier to explain in an image, so here are two screens from Smash 4, one is a more exaggerated point of saturation than the other.

While the second one does look more "colourful", there is a point where there is just too much colour. The second image is far past that point. Try to aim for the first image in terms of colour, stay clear of the second.

As for the actual tools, I highly recommend something other than those two, Paint.NET and GIMP are both powerful, free alternatives to Photoshop.

EDIT: What ShadowLuigi said.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:07:38 PM by Taiko » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #596 on: October 22, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »

Thank you both for explaining what saturation is, but I'm still sticking to simple tools; I even mentioned Gimp and thought about getting it, but I just like old-school recoloring. Smiley

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #597 on: October 23, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »

I actually agree with Taiko, I was planning on just importing its X/Y appearance and slightly changing the textures to be more like the WiiU version, using Greninja and Lucario as slight references for shadings of blue.

So, I've thought about, and I want to try taking on Charizard. I know Junior has already done him, but I want to see what I can do.

Yeah, I thought my Charizard was a bit of an epic fail. I'll still do the PSA though. But I think ShadowLuigi~NG~'s will look a lot better. By the way...

I never had to go through this process. Which 3DS Max are you usuing? I use 2013. Are you usimg the full or student version?

I'm using the student version... I think it's actually 2015- I'm not sure, but this is the tutorial I was using: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41996.0
    It's obviously been working so far... but Part III: Preparing your model
    3) Now open this script and drag it into 3ds Max.
    Check "Bitmap" and then click DETACH.

Maybe it's my version... I don't know how to get an older version, but if I have to I will. Wink

Also, I'll probably re-do Squirtle, but I like the way it turned out. It doesn't look like that awful second picture at all, somewhat in between the first and second. I was going to do Ice Climbers, and thanks to some un-laziness I might get them done, and they'll match the rest of the crew. Smiley I'll go on smashbros.com and see what I can find from Villager (Skin), Pit(Cloth), Wii Fit Trainer(Hair), and King Dedede(Coat, Hamer) that can help me with them. Laugh

Post Merge: October 23, 2014, 09:39:12 AM
    One more thing- After I learn importing, here's a hint:
    http://www.models-resource.com/other_systems/pokemonxy/model/8372/
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:39:35 AM by Junior64570 » Logged

Real
    Mega Kitten

Texture Master of the Masters of the Textures lolw

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #598 on: October 23, 2014, 12:32:44 PM »

He has a point, When i first saw the Squirtle, I thought it didnt really look like Smash 4,

Also, You should check out Taiko´s tutorial, Thats how i made my Toon Link,

hai

hoogachakka
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #599 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »

I can take on and do metaknight, if it's ok

Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 66
    Print
    Jump to: